Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    ;ljoiphj vjgbjfvfjvflfdhvjvkbgfe fr3,liuf;oorewres;l;m v;lnnmnjgknkbkbpo hmrhpotpojh jhpo[hjtjjthb ]tkbohj[jtgptjgp[ejgpefjbpfejvbpkjfe efjvbojvoifojfho[ejgoijbfeoifhv hofehvlfdhngy;ohjejb;rr;wlj;j;rk;kwhbk;knb;bhlfksn ljb h

I hate snake.
    "I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
    - White Queen, Alice through the Looking-Glass

chmod -x /bin/chmod
    I hate counter strike. Its too addictive.

Beginning to relate to this after all those games:

http://home.planet.nl/~mazze001/Comic.htm

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Dickinson
    I'll let you in on a secret Kevin - the game's called Tetris, referring to getting rid of 4 lines in one go. The more 4's and 3's you get, the higher the score. As for when it starts to get quicker, well, that's just down to reflexes and anticipation
    Thanks for the hint; I am so bad a player that that actually made me score slightly worse, getting in trouble by putting too many blocks to the side trying to clear multiple lines at once.

At least I got into the top ten on that one. I got close to the top ten on Space Invaders (but it's just so repetitive and takes so long), enjoyed Chopper Challenge but haven't scored more than 600-odd in dozens of attempts, and was utterly utterly abysmal at Asteroids.

I have a fair bit of practice with Snake because I have the earliest version on my mobile phone, and on the slower levels I can clear the entire screen.

For those who ae finding the games a bit too tough this might be more your speed: http://web4096.message.sk/round2/flash/9/

Kevin, is there a snake system? Probably just making the tight turns and completely filling portions to give yourself more room sounds a good tactic.. I've just been playing on all speeds too but it all seems to converge around 2500 for slug and worm.. best with python is only about 1600. (I've hardly played snake on my phone but I think in my version you can go through walls..)

For my Nokia version (this is Snake I, I haven't played Snake II which a lot of the more recent Nokias have) I worked out a system and was able to clear the screen using this system (or some variant of it) on levels 1 thru 5 of 9. It was just a matter of drawing a single line around the board that goes through every square once and comes back to where it starts. Lots of tight turns. Depending on whether the screen sides are even or odd numbers of squares you may be able to do it by doing 3 of the 4 edges then going backwards and forwards to fill in the remaining lines. If that doesn't work you may need to do a couple of the lines by going up and down one at a time (tedious!) Levels 6 and above were too fast for my reflexes. Slug level on this one is about as fast as level 6; if it was marginally slower I would clear it.

chmod -x /bin/chmod
    My previous phone which was motorola had snake. This snake would lay eggs every now and then, and if you hit them, game over.

That's disappointing from a scientific viewpoint. I'm sure that most snakes could eat their own eggs without any real ill effects to themselves, even if it wouldn't be the most brilliant of evolutionary moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    That's disappointing from a scientific viewpoint. I'm sure that most snakes could eat their own eggs without any real ill effects to themselves, even if it wouldn't be the most brilliant of evolutionary moves.
    actually eating your own eggs or similar is not uncommon and is called infanticide. The normal purpose is that the first born will eat the other eggs to get bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    actually eating your own eggs or similar is not uncommon and is called infanticide. The normal purpose is that the first born will eat the other eggs to get bigger.
    Wouldn't that be fratricide instead of infanticide? I'd think where the parent ate its own eggs or young (which also happens in some species) that would be (cannibalistic) infanticide.

Wouldn't that be fratricide instead of infanticide? I'd think where the parent ate its own eggs or young (which also happens in some species) that would be (cannibalistic) infanticide.
    well spotted, yes you are correct.

Oh for goodness sake, it's a game!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Dickinson
    Oh for goodness sake, it's a game!!!
    Sorry, I can't resist.

Tongue lodged firmly in cheek, of course.

Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Infantcide occurs is some species, particularly reptiles, doesn't it? I can imagine it being of evolutionary benefit at times of scarce resources. Perhaps making the eggs poisonous if even more advanced evolution.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Cox
    Infantcide occurs is some species, particularly reptiles, doesn't it? I can imagine it being of evolutionary benefit at times of scarce resources.
    Yes, this does happen sometimes - a quick search found numerous reptile, fish and bird examples. However, I don't think any reptiles eat them directly after laying them as in the game.

Thread Information