Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

Wall To Wall Labor

While the last of the 'rodent' squeals emanate in relation to John Howard, focus turns to the present. This thread is designed STRICTLY (not that the lefty's can help themselves ) for the purpose of listing Labor's self-made cock-ups. No politics. No tit for tat. Straight up home-grown and incubated Labor filth!

Case #1
    Wollongong council corruption

Case #2
    James Reyne says Garrett has "sold Melbourne out" over green dredging issue. Watch this space.
    Last edited by Basil; 02-03-2008 at 11:53 PM.
    There is no cure for leftism. Its infestation of the host mostly diminishes with age except in the most rabid of specimens.

Case #3
    Not sure if building a monument to self counts. No doubt what the reaction would have been if another party did same while in government? [/rhetorical]
    Last edited by Basil; 02-03-2008 at 11:53 PM.
    There is no cure for leftism. Its infestation of the host mostly diminishes with age except in the most rabid of specimens.

Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner Duggan
    I don't watch much news so this was interesting. I was surprised to see the city corruption extended to the addition of two o's to the name - now fixed.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Case #2
    James Reyne says Garrett has "sold Melbourne out" over green dredging issue.
    Who cares less what James Reyne says? Environmental issues are frequently infested with clueless green celebs (typically has-beens at that) attacking government policy whether the government is Liberal or Labor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    Who cares less what James Reyne says? Environmental issues are frequently infested with clueless green celebs (typically has-beens at that) attacking government policy whether the government is Liberal or Labor.
    Eeerr Mr Centrist *cough*, isn't the issue of what James Reyne says related to its substance and not his previous career? I'll provide a written quote from Reyne when it comes to hand. Only sighted him on tv so far.
    Last edited by Basil; 02-03-2008 at 11:54 PM.

sledging labor sucks. give it up!

Quote Originally Posted by eclectic
    sledging labor sucks. give it up!
    Yeah, these newspaper reports of events that are actually occurring in actual electorates are pitiful compared to threads such as this gem.

Eeerr Mr Centrist *cough*, isn't the issue of what James Reyne says related to its substance and not his previous career?
    You failed to provide any indication of substance in your comment. Just an unsubstantiated accusation with the name of a celebrity attached to it. You would hardly have highlighted "Random person on the street in Melbourne says Garrett has sold Melbourne out", would you? And since his previous career doesn't appear to include anything especially relevant I doubt his comment will have any particular merit either.

As for your cough at my "centrist" comment (Dr Centrist to you anyway, thanks)
    recently you were calling me a leftist because I was attacking Centrelink. Now I'm criticising celebrity environmentalism. That's two particular causes on which I have showed up on different sides of the spectrum as widely understood, thus underlining my centrist cred (or, as some would have it, my unpredictable nature).

You, however, are so desperate to attack Labor you will even stoop to using the blabberings of enviro-celebimbos to try to make a valid point, even though you sell out what your own side stands for in more ways than one in the process. (All of this, of course, is why Peter Garrett's position as a not very green environment minister is so hilarious. )

Should've stuck to the council thing. May not have much oomph at national level but at least it's sordid and messy.

You failed to provide any indication of substance in your comment.
    True. But I noted that I would get substance with "Watch this space etc.." (I forget what comment I had in prior to inserting 'watch this space'). You however failed the test of substance without any caveat whatsoever.

recently you were calling me a leftist because I was attacking Centrelink.
    OK, you were attacking Centrelink for being too harsh. That's the lefty in you... and

Now I'm criticising celebrity environmentalism. That's two particular causes on which I have showed up on different sides of the spectrum as widely understood ...
    Nice try. Your criticism has the sole effect of defending the Labor government. There's nothing 'two ends of the spectrum' at play here at all.

Should've stuck to the council thing. May not have much oomph at national level but at least it's sordid and messy.
    No thanks. Happy to leave this steaming doo doo on the pile for posterity (and as an emerging story) - there's more to come on this one.
    Last edited by Basil; 03-03-2008 at 12:34 AM.

Account Permanently Banned Axiom's Avatar

A Diamond

Yeah, these newspaper reports of events that are actually occurring in actual electorates are pitiful compared to threads such as this gem.
    ahh , that was a gem , thankyou

dont tell me newspapers are actually reporting on actual events OMG !
    Get the doctor !

True. But I noted that I would get substance.
    I'm waiting ... for every promise you make that is not accompanied by evidence the level of shellacking you should accept if the substance is not up to scratch will be doubled.

Of course if all you had is a TV grab its unlikely you have enough info on the issue anyway.

You were attacking Centrelink for being too harsh. That's the lefty in you.
    And the lefty in Jono too?

Cute. For the absolute protection of the sitting Labor government. There's nothing 'two ends of the spectrum' at play here at all.
    But I have said nothing about the current Labor government with respect to Centrelink at all. The jury is out about whether it has the slightest intent of reforming Centrelink in a useful fashion or whether it will simply prolong the Howard model (which in itself was not a new evil but a massive escalation of retrograde steps commenced under Hawke/Keating.)

Furthermore there are certainly things I will criticise the new government for. Its position on internet filtering was criticised by me even before it was elected and I am already looking suspiciously at the noises it is making about issues associated with drinking.

No thanks. Happy to leave this steaming doo doo on the pile for posterity.
    In what way? Are you expecting a genuine enviro-disaster from the proposed Melbourne dredging (if it happens) or are you saying the council saga will bring down Kevin Rudd?

And the lefty in Jono too?
    Only that jono thinks its too soft rather than too harsh

Quote Originally Posted by Axiom
    Only that jono thinks its too soft rather than too harsh
    Bzzzt! Check some of his past comments more carefully. And remind yourself that Jono supports negative taxation which effectively equals an unconditional dole.

Bzzzzzzt !!!

Bzzzt! Check some of his past comments more carefully. And remind yourself that Jono supports negative taxation which effectively equals an unconditional dole.
    Bzzzt ! negative taxation is not centrelink !
    he doesnt say centrelink is too harsh , but rather too soft in that only workers recieve benefits as opposed to current system where non-workers recieve benefits.
    Last edited by Axiom; 03-03-2008 at 12:32 PM.

CC International Master
    As for your cough at my "centrist" comment (Dr Centrist to you anyway, thanks) recently you were calling me a leftist because I was attacking Centrelink. Now I'm criticising celebrity environmentalism. That's two particular causes on which I have showed up on different sides of the spectrum as widely understood, thus underlining my centrist cred (or, as some would have it, my unpredictable nature).
    An extremist centrist.

Thread Information