Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 79
  1. #1
    Account Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    928

    Bible prophesy Corner

    Hi

    I will occasionally put forward some bible scriptures for discussion



    Enjoy

  2. #2
    Account Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    928

    Discussion #1A - daniel 7

    Hi

    Recommended Reading

    Daniel 7
    Revelaions 13:1-10

    Scripture

    Daniel 7:4-6 (NLT)

    4 The first was like a lion and it had the wings of an eagle. I watched until its wings were pulled off, and it was lifted up from the ground and made to stand on two feet like a man. A man's heart was given to it also. 5 Then I saw a second animal, which looked like a bear. It was raised up on one of its sides, and three ribs were in its mouth between its teeth. And it was told, 'Get up, and eat much meat!'
    6 Then I looked and saw another animal, which looked like a leopard. It had four wings of a bird on its back, and four heads. And it was given the power to rule. 7

    Discussion

    1. That the Lion represents Great Britton
    2. That the Eagle wings represents the United States of America
    3. That the bear represents Russia
    4. That the Leopard represents Germany
    5. That these countries will be around at the return of Christ



    Enjoy

    ps. I'm not a bible schooler and people need to make up their own minds. These concepts are not mine (Irwin Baxter)

  3. #3
    CC Grandmaster Garrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    the City
    Posts
    3,211
    how you can go from what is in the 'scripture' section to the 'discussion' section is beyond me.

    Maybe I'm just not crazy enough, but have fun discussing.

  4. #4
    CC Grandmaster Capablanca-Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Atlanta, GA (formerly Brisbane, and before that Wellington, NZ)
    Posts
    21,131
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronD
    Hi

    Recommended Reading

    Daniel 7
    Revelaions 13:1-10

    Scripture

    Daniel 7:4-6 (NLT)

    4 The first was like a lion and it had the wings of an eagle. I watched until its wings were pulled off, and it was lifted up from the ground and made to stand on two feet like a man. A man's heart was given to it also. 5 Then I saw a second animal, which looked like a bear. It was raised up on one of its sides, and three ribs were in its mouth between its teeth. And it was told, 'Get up, and eat much meat!'
    6 Then I looked and saw another animal, which looked like a leopard. It had four wings of a bird on its back, and four heads. And it was given the power to rule. 7

    Discussion

    1. That the Lion represents Great Britton
    2. That the Eagle wings represents the United States of America
    3. That the bear represents Russia
    4. That the Leopard represents Germany
    5. That these countries will be around at the return of Christ



    Enjoy

    ps. I'm not a bible schooler and people need to make up their own minds. These concepts are not mine (Irwin Baxter)
    According to the scholar John Gill, it's 1. Babylon 2. Medo-Persia 3. Greeks under Alexander the Great 4. Roman Empire which was around at the first coming of Christ. The context is four successive beasts representing four successive empires.
    “The history of the 20th century is full of examples of countries that set out to redistribute wealth and ended up redistributing poverty.”
    “There’s no point blaming the tragedies of socialism on the flaws or corruption of particular leaders. Any system which allows some people to exercise unbridled power over others is an open invitation to abuse, whether that system is called slavery or socialism or something else.”—Thomas Sowell

  5. #5
    Account Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    928
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    According to the scholar John Gill, it's 1. Babylon 2. Medo-Persia 3. Greeks under Alexander the Great 4. Roman Empire which was around at the first coming of Christ. The context is four successive beasts representing four successive empires.
    Daniel 7:9-12

    9 "As I kept looking, thrones were set up and the One Who has lived forever took His seat. His clothing was as white as snow and the hair of His head was like pure wool. His throne and its wheels were a burning fire. 10 A river of fire was flowing and coming out from before Him. Many thousands were serving Him, and many millions were standing before Him. The Judge was seated, and The Books were opened. 11 I kept looking because of the sound of the proud words which the horn was speaking. I watched until the fourth animal was killed, and its body was destroyed and thrown into the burning fire. 12 The other three animals had their power taken away, but they were allowed to live for a time.

    I dont think these countries are ancient kingdoms, but rather around the time of the second coming as shown in the passage above and the openings of the books.

  6. #6
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,444
    A look at Daniel 2 before looking at Daniel 7 would be a good idea. I am not sure starting in the middle of Daniel is really such a good idea.
    Scott

  7. #7
    CC Grandmaster Capablanca-Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Atlanta, GA (formerly Brisbane, and before that Wellington, NZ)
    Posts
    21,131
    Maybe my DVD Jesus in Genesis: The Messianic Prophecies would help? BTW, I receive no royalties or commission.

    “See how the whole Bible, right from the beginning, points to Jesus Christ as God and man, and Saviour. The time, place and manner of His birth, and His mission, are just what the prophets foretold. Genesis is foundational to all this teaching.”
    “The history of the 20th century is full of examples of countries that set out to redistribute wealth and ended up redistributing poverty.”
    “There’s no point blaming the tragedies of socialism on the flaws or corruption of particular leaders. Any system which allows some people to exercise unbridled power over others is an open invitation to abuse, whether that system is called slavery or socialism or something else.”—Thomas Sowell

  8. #8
    . eclectic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    .
    Posts
    2,840

    and it's all for the money ...

    the way teleevangelists work shouldn't this thread be called

    BIBLE PROFITSY CORNER

    ?

    .

  9. #9
    Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The multiverse
    Posts
    21,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Maybe my DVD Jesus in Genesis: The Messianic Prophecies would help? BTW, I receive no royalties or commission.

    “See how the whole Bible, right from the beginning, points to Jesus Christ as God and man, and Saviour. The time, place and manner of His birth, and His mission, are just what the prophets foretold. Genesis is foundational to all this teaching.”
    And you swallow that you might also enjoy this...

    Nostradamus

    BTW I receive no payment from amazon to place this link.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

  10. #10
    CC Grandmaster Capablanca-Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Atlanta, GA (formerly Brisbane, and before that Wellington, NZ)
    Posts
    21,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind
    And you swallow that you might also enjoy this...

    Nostradamus

    BTW I receive no payment from amazon to place this link.
    Who cares about Nostradamus? By RW's 'reasoning', there can't be any real money because counterfeit money exists.
    “The history of the 20th century is full of examples of countries that set out to redistribute wealth and ended up redistributing poverty.”
    “There’s no point blaming the tragedies of socialism on the flaws or corruption of particular leaders. Any system which allows some people to exercise unbridled power over others is an open invitation to abuse, whether that system is called slavery or socialism or something else.”—Thomas Sowell

  11. #11
    CC Grandmaster Capablanca-Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Atlanta, GA (formerly Brisbane, and before that Wellington, NZ)
    Posts
    21,131
    Quote Originally Posted by eclectic
    the way teleevangelists work shouldn't this thread be called

    BIBLE PROFITSY CORNER
    Do televangelists even care about prophecies? Are there any in Australia (except when Dawko visits because he is a televangelist for atheism)?
    “The history of the 20th century is full of examples of countries that set out to redistribute wealth and ended up redistributing poverty.”
    “There’s no point blaming the tragedies of socialism on the flaws or corruption of particular leaders. Any system which allows some people to exercise unbridled power over others is an open invitation to abuse, whether that system is called slavery or socialism or something else.”—Thomas Sowell

  12. #12
    CC Grandmaster Desmond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The island
    Posts
    14,212
    Daniel is a waste of paper.
    So what's your excuse? To run like the devil's chasing you.

    See you in another life, brotha.

  13. #13
    CC Grandmaster Capablanca-Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Atlanta, GA (formerly Brisbane, and before that Wellington, NZ)
    Posts
    21,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris
    Daniel is a waste of paper.
    Well, maybe for one who couldn't even tell that he was quoting a dream in one chapter, in his desire to smear the book as teaching a flat earth (but basically parroting some misotheistic site).
    “The history of the 20th century is full of examples of countries that set out to redistribute wealth and ended up redistributing poverty.”
    “There’s no point blaming the tragedies of socialism on the flaws or corruption of particular leaders. Any system which allows some people to exercise unbridled power over others is an open invitation to abuse, whether that system is called slavery or socialism or something else.”—Thomas Sowell

  14. #14
    CC Grandmaster Desmond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The island
    Posts
    14,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Well, maybe for one who couldn't even tell that he was quoting a dream in one chapter, in his desire to smear the book as teaching a flat earth (but basically parroting some misotheistic site).
    Dream that didn't come true = waste of paper.
    So what's your excuse? To run like the devil's chasing you.

    See you in another life, brotha.

  15. #15
    CC Grandmaster Capablanca-Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Atlanta, GA (formerly Brisbane, and before that Wellington, NZ)
    Posts
    21,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris
    Dream that didn't come true = waste of paper.
    It did come true, so paper well used. It just didn't make Boris' misotheistic dream of smearing the Bible come true
    “The history of the 20th century is full of examples of countries that set out to redistribute wealth and ended up redistributing poverty.”
    “There’s no point blaming the tragedies of socialism on the flaws or corruption of particular leaders. Any system which allows some people to exercise unbridled power over others is an open invitation to abuse, whether that system is called slavery or socialism or something else.”—Thomas Sowell

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Endgame Corner: Two Rooks vs Rook and Pawn
    By Kevin Bonham in forum Games and Analysis
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 17-03-2015, 07:44 PM
  2. Is the Bible truth?
    By Oepty in forum Religion and Science
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 13-12-2012, 03:16 AM
  3. BDG corner
    By Trent Parker in forum Games and Analysis
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 09-06-2008, 02:33 PM
  4. Girls only corner
    By Kaitlin in forum Non-Chess
    Replies: 122
    Last Post: 27-10-2005, 10:05 AM
  5. King's Gambit corner
    By Spiny Norman in forum Games and Analysis
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 14-06-2005, 04:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •