Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    CC Candidate Master
    Blue Skies - I've just taken over the role, and due to various hand-over and technical issues applications were missed, and then some were added (where they had been applications from previous years for example) incorrectly.

My apologies for the confusion. Does this affect you? Please contact me via email so I can resolve it if it does.
    Never argue with an Idiot, I will bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

CC Candidate Master
    We have been hearing from students about their selection into the 2016 JETS Squad. Any idea when the full list will be released or where we can find this?

CC Candidate Master
    Any players intending to represent Australia at any of the international junior events in the second half of 2016 (see the AJCL calendar http://australianjuniorchess.org.au/calendar/) should submit their application online via the AJCL web site or directly the the AJCL Selection Coordinator Tristan Stevens, tristan.stevens87@gmail.com, before June 1. (Exception: The deadline for applying for the World Youth Olympiad team is May 12.)

Please note that the World Youth Championships have been split into two, with the U/12, U/10 and U/8 events to be held in Georgia in October and the U/18, U/16, U/14 events to be hosted in Russia in September.

CC Candidate Master
    2017 Johns-Putra Australian Junior Elite Training Squad (JETS)

Applications are open for the Australia Junior Chess League’s 2017 JETS Training Squad sponsored by Geraldine Johns-Putra.

The Australian Junior Chess League is pleased to invite applications from talented Australian juniors (U/18) for the national junior training squad.

The JETS Squad is Australia's premier development squad, aimed at encouraging and challenging the next generation of Australian champions. (Past JETS members have gone on to become Grandmasters and International Masters.)

Applicants are judged by enthusiasm, commitment and recent improvement as well as rating, with a loading for applicants aged 14 and under.

A maximum of 30 players will be selected, with at least a third of squad members being of each gender.
    Two places will be reserved for a male and female player from New Zealand and a minimum of six places for the host State or Territory.

Eligibility for the Squad will generally require participation in at least one of the Australian Open or Australian Junior Championships, both held in Brisbane in January 2016. (A small number of exceptions may be made; please state extenuating circumstances on application.)

The selected members of the 2017 JETS Squad should commit to attend the national junior training camp, to be held in Canberra from July 3-7. The first three days will involve free intensive coaching in small groups by Grandmasters and International Masters, including a Rules and Ethics Hypothetical.

The final two days of the camp will include competing in a training tournament, with post-game analysis by JETS coaches, plus a Grandmaster Simultaneous Exhibition.

In the first half of the year, JETS Squad members may occasionally be set homework.

Applicant Details

Name …………………………………….
    Address …………………………………….
    Telephone number (Home) ……………………………………
    Telephone number (Mob) ……………………………………
    Email address ……………………………………

Birth date …………………………….
    Latest ACF/FIDE Ratings ..…………………………………
    Additional Comments (Optional, 200 words or less)

Note: Members residing in the host city of the JETS camp may be requested to provide billeting for an interstate guest during the camp in July.

Name and email address of parent

…………………….

I give permission for my child to apply for the 2017 JETS Squad

………………….

Please return to an Australian Junior Chess League representative by hand, email to peter.tsai@rmit.edu.au
    or post to Peter Tsai,35 Cookson Way, Burwood, VIC 3125, or apply via http://australianjuniorchess.org.au at latest by February 20.

CC FIDE Master

New Email Address for applications

Please send email applications for JETS to:

chess@t-s-a-i.com

Peter Tsai

Hi all,

I am the new AusJCL Selections Coordinator for 2017. Please send any email applications to me alanachibnall@hotmail.com . Applications can also be made via the website (which is preferred): http://australianjuniorchess.org.au/apply/.

Note that JETS applications close on 20 Febuary. The list of applicants I have so far are below. Please email me if you have applied 1 hour ago or before so that I can make sure I have your name on the list.

Aditya Anand
    Matthew Arthur
    James Arthur
    George Bartley
    Sebastian Bracks
    Daniel Bunda
    Stella Cameron
    Yizhen Diao
    Erin Dullaway
    Michael Dullaway
    James Dunbar
    James Gao
    Daniel Gao
    Michael Gong
    Athena Hathiramani
    Dillon Hathiramani
    Dexuan Kong
    Aurora Lannon
    Alexavier Ly-Liu
    Isaac Ly-Liu
    Cameron McGowan
    Jasper Moss
    Reiner Ng
    Bardia Nolouz
    Aidan Odenthal
    Ewan Odenthal
    Jayden Ooi
    Vincent Qiang
    Neil Reddy
    Nikhil Reddy
    Sravan Renjith
    Sayum Rupasinghe
    Haran Salasan
    Gavyn Sanusi-Goh
    Sulia Van Sebille
    Yifan Eva Wang
    Albert Winkelman
    Max Yan
    Winston Zhao Chen
    Marco le Lun Zheng

NZ Applicants:

Nadia Braganza
    Last edited by Alana; 01-02-2017 at 08:29 PM. Reason: more applicants
    IA/WFM Alana Chibnall
    2017 AusJCL Selections Coordinator
    ACT Junior Chess League President

alanachibnall@hotmail.com

CC Candidate Master
    There are 2 James Gaos and 2 Dexuan Kongs.

Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alana View Post
    Nadia Braganza
    ...appears to be a NZ citizen (having represented NZ at an Olympiad) with a somewhat lesser association with Australian chess. She is not on the December 2016 ACF master list; the 2017 Australian Open appears to be her first Australian tournament. Or has she recently switched federations?

I have no objection to the inclusion of overseas players. The reason I ask is because I understand that JETS is funded at least partially by the Australian state associations. Will NZCF be contributing as well?
    Southern Suburbs Chess Club (Perth)
    www.southernsuburbschessclub.org.au

CC International Master AzureBlue's Avatar
    Super GMs Anand and Yifan are attending... not bad at all

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Hardegen View Post
    Thanks - will fix!

Also:

...appears to be a NZ citizen (having represented NZ at an Olympiad) with a somewhat lesser association with Australian chess. She is not on the December 2016 ACF master list; the 2017 Australian Open appears to be her first Australian tournament. Or has she recently switched federations?

I have no objection to the inclusion of overseas players. The reason I ask is because I understand that JETS is funded at least partially by the Australian state associations. Will NZCF be contributing as well?
    JETS this year is allowing one female and one male junior from New Zealand to be selected and participate in JETS. I do not know any more details or the reasoning of this but if I find out any I will post here. I will however move her to a separate New Zealand list when I post next.
    IA/WFM Alana Chibnall

CC Candidate Master

Also:

The arrangement for JETS to allow two NZ players is a contra agreement - they are playing to hold a JETS-style camp the week after Australia's camp.

JETS is entirely funded by the sponsor, Geraldine Johns-Putra, plus various fund-raising activities.
    The ACF does not fund JETS - in fact the ACF has not funded any junior events or the AJCL for almost 3 years.

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AzureBlue View Post
    Super GMs Anand and Yifan are attending... not bad at all
    Wow, in what capacity?

CC International Master AzureBlue's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Wow, in what capacity?
    Aditya Anand
    Yifan Eva Wang

Another reminder that applications close on 20 January (next Monday - one week from now).

The current list of applications I have is below in alphabetical order. Please make sure you contact me ASAP if you have applied and I am missing your name on the list.

Aditya Anand
    James Arthur
    Matthew Arthur
    George Bartley
    Sebastian Bracks
    Stella Cameron
    Emma Chang
    Sophie Chang
    Yizhen Diao
    Erin Dullaway
    Michael Dullaway
    James Dunbar
    Daniel Gao
    James Gao
    Athena Hathiramani
    Dillon Hathiramani
    Lachlan Ho
    Oscar Ho
    Toby Huey
    Dexuan Kong
    Aurora Lannon
    Ethan Liu
    Ian Liu
    Jonathan Lo
    Alexavier Ly-Liu
    Isaac Ly-Liu
    Cameron McGowan
    Daniel Melamed
    Eowyn Mercado
    Rover Leigh Mercado
    Byron Morris
    Jasper Moss
    Reiner Ng
    Bardia Nolouz
    Aidan Odenthal
    Ewan Odenthal
    Jayden Ooi
    Alex Pimenov
    Vincent Qiang
    Neil Reddy
    Nikhil Reddy
    Sravan Renjith
    Sayum Rupasinghe
    Haran Salasan
    Gavyn Sanusi-Goh
    Sulia Van Sebille
    Eason Wang
    Yifan Eva Wang
    Bridgette Watkins
    Sophie Watkins
    Albert Winkelman
    Ruofan Xu
    Jason Yan
    Winston Zhao Chen
    Shawn Zillmann
    IA/WFM Alana Chibnall

Another reminder that applications close on 20 January (next Monday - one week from now).
    Alana, of course, meant 20 February.
    God exists. Short and to the point.

Secretary of, and regularly playing at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Club Liaison Officer for NSWCA. See www.nswca.org.au for the latest NSWCA news.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

Quote Originally Posted by Adamski View Post
    Alana, of course, meant 20 February.
    Yes, yes I did. Thanks Jonathan
    IA/WFM Alana Chibnall

Thread Information