Exclamation Explosion in Ultimo this morning.

It is likely many of you will now have heard about the explosion in Ultimo Sydney this morning which completely demolished a building on Broadway resulting in the evacuation of 1000 people and which the police are treating as suspicious.

The NetLogistics head office is situated in the building next door so many of its staff had to be treated for smoke inhalation.

The ChessChat site is not directly affected as I understand it is hosted at the NetLogistics Brisbane server.

Nethertheless they are our hosts with its Managing Director Karthick Rajendran being this site's owner (skip to my lou).

Service levels being provided by the NetLogistics head office are temporarily downgraded this week in response to this emergency.

We should all wish any affected staff there a speedy recovery and also convey our best wishes to Karthick during this difficult time.

eclectic
    Last edited by eclectic; 04-02-2008 at 10:14 AM.

Thnaks

I didn't realise there was any relationship with CCF. Thanks and I pray for a quick recovery for all affected.
    Last edited by Adamski; 04-02-2008 at 10:51 PM.
    God exists. Short and to the point.

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Thanks for the update Tic.

Best wishes for all those impacted and I hope the cause of the Ultimo incident is determined and reoccurence prevented.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

A+ for sensitivity

Quote Originally Posted by eclectic
    It is likely many of you will now have heard about the explosion in Ultimo Sydney this morning which completely demolished a building on Broadway resulting in the evacuation of 1000 people and which the police are treating as suspicious.

The NetLogistics head office is situated in the building next door so many of its staff had to be treated for smoke inhalation.

The ChessChat site is not directly affected as I understand it is hosted at the NetLogistics Brisbane server.

Nethertheless they are our hosts with its Managing Director Karthick Rajendran being this site's owner (skip to my lou).

Service levels being provided by the NetLogistics head office are temporarily downgraded this week in response to this emergency.

We should all wish any affected staff there a speedy recovery and also convey our best wishes to Karthick during this difficult time.

eclectic
    Very thoughtful of you Eclectic!
    It proves once again your sensitivity in matters that concern all and your possitive attitude towards others.
    I join you and all the other members of CCF who send their best wishes to the affected staff and others.
    Moreover, I am more than willing to assist financially in case the CCF organises some sort of an appeal.
    Cheers and good luck!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    I've seen it was a suspected gas explosion. I have very little trust in gas after temporarily losing half an eyebrow to the stuff very many years ago!

Hope all is well and returning to normal at HQ and thanks very much for posting the news - I actually did not know anything about it until I saw this thread!

chmod -x /bin/chmod
    Thanks to everyone for their wishes. We've fully recovered from the incident now.

Thread Information