Heath Ledger Dead

Thread: Heath Ledger Dead

Garvinator said:

Axiom said:
    "he was a school chess champion" ! (gtv9 news)

arosar said:
    He'd apparently come third in the state chess champs.

Anyone in WA confirm that?

AR

Kevin Bonham said:
    Quote Originally Posted by arosar
    He'd apparently come third in the state chess champs.
    I'm guessing junior champs not adult.

A search for "heath ledger chess" turns up these snippets:

From here:

"MTV: I hear you play a lot of chess in Washington Square Park.

Heath Ledger: Yeah. I've played since I was a kid. I play at least one game a day.

MTV: That's dedication.

Ledger: Yeah, or obsession.

MTV: Smoking and chess?

Ledger: Yeah, they go hand in hand."

From http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...wledger823.xml

"At the same time he showed promise in other areas, as a junior go-kart racing champion and, aged only 10, as Western Australia’s junior chess champion; he also represented Western Australia at hockey."

arosar said:
    Yeah, I just found those too and posted on blog.

AR

Intuition said:
    'No more chess games mate" - Heaths fathers tribute

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=371686

7. Miguel said:
    Westboro Baptist Church intends to picket Heath Ledger's funeral. How sympathetic and understanding of them. I'm sure his family will really appreciate the support at such a trying time.
    荒らしにエサを与えないで下さい。

8. Haydn said:
    Unfortunately, the WA archives are not all that they could be but I am very confident that Heath Ledger has never played in the WA Open Championship nor has he ever won the WA Junior Championship. Whether he has ever placed in an under age division, I cannot confirm, nor deny.

Update: I have just heard from Norbert Muller who was the Main Man in Junior Chess for many years and he does remember Heath playing in a couple of U10/U12 divisions of the WA Junior but he is 99% confident that Heath did not win any prizes.
    Last edited by Haydn; 25-01-2008 at 05:44 PM.

Garvinator said:
    I see 'quite a few' anti-gay 'bashers' are coming out now that Heath Ledger has passed away, all because Heath played one gay cowboy in an acting role.

Quite gutless in my opinion, criticising for playing an acting role and only after the person is dead.

Sounds like some of the gay ranters are just using the Bible to justify their own bigotry to me.

Basil said:
    Nttawwt
    There is no cure for leftism. Its infestation of the host mostly diminishes with age except in the most rabid of specimens.

road runner said:
    I saw someone wearing a t-shirt on the weekend that simply had Heath Ledger written on it, with the H struck out and a D written in. Bad taste IMO.
    meep meep

antichrist said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvinator View Post
    I see 'quite a few' anti-gay 'bashers' are coming out now that Heath Ledger has passed away, all because Heath played one gay cowboy in an acting role.

Quite gutless in my opinion, criticising for playing an acting role and only after the person is dead.

Sounds like some of the gay ranters are just using the Bible to justify their own bigotry to me.
    The only part I don't like about straights playing gay roles (if Heath was straight only) is that the role is denied to a genuine gay. Like white actors playing "black" roles in fifties and beforehand - and "blacks" did not get any roles. They never painted the blacks white to take their roles. (just me trying to use my stupid logic again)
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land