Page 94 of 96 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1437

Thread: Tennis

Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    Sorry to say he will probably lose the Slam record of 20.He is 40 in August so how much longer can he play? Rafa is 35 and Novak 34.Novak has 18 Slams and might pass them both.
    Djokovic has already passed Federer on both year end at #1 (6 v 5) and number of weeks at #1 (323 v 310).

Federer is also losing head to head against each of Nadal and Djokovic.
    In the case of Nadal, Federer has basically trailed for his whole career and the score is currently 24-16 in Nadal's favour.
    In the case of Djokovic, Federer had the lead early on 4-0 and later 12-6. Djokovic caught up 20-20 in 2015, and it now stands at 27-23. In recent years Djokovic has won 10-3.
    So what's your excuse? To run like the devil's chasing you.

See you in another life, brotha.

Account Shoutbox Banned antichrist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by machomortensen View Post
    @ Metro

Yep, Nole has every chance to pass Federer.

@ AC

I don't think Serena will win more titles ...
    Someone here stated the same years back but then surprisingly she got a few more. I agree she looks past it but i wouldn't dare write her off.

I always had a soft spot for her because for years she was only trained by her non tennis father. That's like a patzer knocking off a GM!
    Last edited by antichrist; 06-06-2021 at 07:22 PM.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

CC FIDE Master
    @ AC

Point taken. Every time I watched the Williams Sisters at the Australian Open they were so arrogant - like e.g. Hingis and Wozniacki - so, there aren't sympathy left here ...

I know I have to watch my words carefully, as one of my friends - author and tennis commentator - Anders Haahr Rasmussen will be out with a book about Serena in a few months.

Off topic: Anders was one of my early School Chess pupils.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmond View Post
    Djokovic has already passed Federer on both year end at #1 (6 v 5) and number of weeks at #1 (323 v 310).

Federer is also losing head to head against each of Nadal and Djokovic.
    In the case of Nadal, Federer has basically trailed for his whole career and the score is currently 24-16 in Nadal's favour.
    In the case of Djokovic, Federer had the lead early on 4-0 and later 12-6. Djokovic caught up 20-20 in 2015, and it now stands at 27-23. In recent years Djokovic has won 10-3.
    If Roger overcomes injuries, Lets see what happens on Grass. Also I have a feeling Tsygipas is getting more and more dangerous.
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Sorry to say he will probably lose the Slam record of 20.He is 40 in August so how much longer can he play? Rafa is 35 and Novak 34.Novak has 18 Slams and might pass them both.
    Novak beats Rafa and says it is in his best 3 matches.I want Novak to win this and another to make the GS standings:
    20 Federer, Nadal, Djokovic
    Who is the GOAT?

'Absolute class': Fans swoon over Ash Barty's unselfish Wimbledon act

World No.1 Ash Barty became the first female Australian in 41 years to advance to a Wimbledon final and the ever classy Aussie showed why she is adored after the match.

Barty became the first Aussie woman since Evonne Goolagong Cawley - who won the title in 1971 and 1980 - to make the Wimbledon final after a scintillating 6-3, 7-6 (7-3) win over the German three-time major winner.

Living up to her World No.1 billing, the Queenslander described the performance as one of the best of her life against a player that she admitted before the match would provide the "ultimate test". ...

Federer bowed out in straight sets in the quarters; Djokovic is thru to the semis.

CC FIDE Master
    Federer left the party ending up with an egg ...

GO BARTY GO!!!!111!!

'Absolute class': Fans swoon over Ash Barty's unselfish Wimbledon act

World No.1 Ash Barty became the first female Australian in 41 years to advance to a Wimbledon final and the ever classy Aussie showed why she is adored after the match.

Barty became the first Aussie woman since Evonne Goolagong Cawley - who won the title in 1971 and 1980 - to make the Wimbledon final after a scintillating 6-3, 7-6 (7-3) win over the German three-time major winner.

Living up to her World No.1 billing, the Queenslander described the performance as one of the best of her life against a player that she admitted before the match would provide the "ultimate test". ...

Federer bowed out in straight sets in the quarters; Djokovic is thru to the semis.
    And Barty becomes the first australian in 41 years to win the ladies' singles in wimbledon!

Novak beats Rafa and says it is in his best 3 matches.I want Novak to win this and another to make the GS standings:
    20 Federer, Nadal, Djokovic
    This has now happened. With Djokovic's gland slam strike rate in recent years, hard to see him remaining on 20 for very long.

'So very much proud': Evonne Goolagong Cawley rejoices in Ash Barty's Wimbledon win

Fifty years after her Indigenous mentor Evonne Goolagong Cawley won the Wimbledon women's singles title in 1971, Ashleigh Barty has lifted the trophy - making history again. ...

CC Grandmaster
    https://tennistonic.com/tennis-news/...ng-his-mother/
    Kyrgios being his usual self...totally disgusting. Can not believe he is not disqualified for such comments.

CC FIDE Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    https://tennistonic.com/tennis-news/...ng-his-mother/
    Kyrgios being his usual self...totally disgusting. Can not believe he is not disqualified for such comments.
    Kyrios is a grub, consistently behaves badly, getting to the point he should be just kicked out of the ATP.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Colliver View Post
    Kyrios is a grub, consistently behaves badly, getting to the point he should be just kicked out of the ATP.
    Absolutely but for many he is a hero ...for many spectators he is ''one of the boys'' cause he ''speaks their language''. Hard to relate to Federer, Rafa or even to Novak (well to Novak ...most of the time) but Kirgios is there.

Very impressive performance by Zverev to take the gold medal. He was in scorching form.

CC Grandmaster
    Very impressive performance by Zverev to take the gold medal. He was in scorching form.
    Indeed but I also admire Carreno Busta - who was fighting so hard against Novak giving it his 110% - outstanding effort!

CC FIDE Master
    Off topic: I think Casper Ruud lives in Copenhagen (the fashionable Frederiksberg), not in Oslo.

Thread Information