Page 1 of 82 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis

Tennis

I found it annoying that there was a cricket thread but no tennis thread so decided not to be lazy and start one up..

Good to see that the aussie open is finally underway...nice win by Molik tonight although she didnt look overly convicing but that may in part be due to the hiddeous appearance of her opponent...lol...she has some tuff games ahead

I think Hewitt is going to have a poor tourney, hes not in great form having lost to gooch not that i dont mind beacuse i find him extremely annoying

I think Federer win take out the mens and Serena Williams the chicks....will be good in a weeks time when all the crappy players have been weeded out..

Feeling sorry for Federer's punching bag opponent tonight. Very one sided, poor bugger.
    "the other lefty"

I still thought i was a fun game to watch...I even clapped when the poor guy won his first game in the second set...next few days should be pretty good

heaps of good games over the weekend...good to see federer pushed to 5 sets agasint a virtual unknow....hewitt plays the 3rd seed serb tnight..should be a good game...too bad casey lost to jakovic last night

Looks like Hewitt is out, barring a miracle return, down the break in the 3rd set, all set for a straight sets loss.

Pity about Dellacqua, but the fairy tale had to come to an end. Good to see her take it to the best, though, will be interesting to follow her progress in the future.

Federer's saturday game was amazing! Think he only won through superior match fitness/staying power.

EDIT: Hewitt facing 3 break points in 3rd for a 2nd break. Goneski.
    "the other lefty"

even tho it was straight sets hewitt fought well, with no aussies left I guess the field is starting to resemble a high class chess tourney .. still think federer will come though with the good...in the chicks its way more open tho..

Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Incredible match by Tsonga tonight. I'm still in shell shock and no doubt so is Nadal. If the Frenchman can repeat this hitting on Sunday he could just beat anyone.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind
    Incredible match by Tsonga tonight. I'm still in shell shock and no doubt so is Nadal. If the Frenchman can repeat this hitting on Sunday he could just beat anyone.
    true but federer isnt 'anyone'

CC resident nutcase Trent Parker's Avatar
    Go Tsonga!!!.... Go the Frenchman!

Just sick of Federer winning everything
    GO THE DRAGONS!
    GO Western Sydney Wanderers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski's signature
    God exists. Short and to the point.
    This is the reason I do not wade into religion threads.

Why do they need total silence to play tennis? What do they think it is; chess?
    meep meep

am i dreaming or did federer just go out in straight sets.................... i think jis glory days might be on the way out

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Intuition
    am i dreaming or did federer just go out in straight sets.................... i think jis glory days might be on the way out
    No way. His preparation coming in was non-existent due to illness, and he clearly wasn't at his best. There are at least 5 more majors in Federer or I'll eat my socks.

Quote Originally Posted by Intuition
    Nope. It happened. And it brings to an end his 10 straight appearances in Grand Slam finals. (That is a men's record). It also means it will take Roger a little longer to get the 3 more grand slam single titles to get past Sampras's record.

Quote Originally Posted by pax
    No way. His preparation coming in was non-existent due to illness, and he clearly wasn't at his best. There are at least 5 more majors in Federer or I'll eat my socks.
    He was clearly not hitting the ball well this tourny. He was also slower than normal around the court. He is probably still favourite for Wimbledon after losing to Nadal in the French.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind
    He was clearly not hitting the ball well this tourny. He was also slower than normal around the court. He is probably still favourite for Wimbledon after losing to Nadal in the French.
    ... unless Tsonga can play like he played yesterday all the time... He could be unstoppable.

Thread Information