Page 163 of 167 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 2491
  1. #2431
    CC Grandmaster antichrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    21,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Murray View Post
    California’s assault weapons ban overturned as federal judge compares AR-15 to a Swiss Army knife


    A federal judge Friday night overturned California’s longtime ban on assault weapons, saying the state’s law was unconstitutional and that prohibiting such firearms for decades was “a failed experiment.” ...

    “Like the Swiss Army Knife, the popular AR-15 rifle is a perfect combination of home defense weapon and homeland defense equipment,” [U.S. District Judge Roger] Benitez said in the ruling. ...

    “Today’s decision is fundamentally flawed,” [California Attorney General Rob] Bonta said in a news release. “There is no sound basis in law, fact, or common sense for equating assault rifles with Swiss Army knives — especially on Gun Violence Awareness Day and after the recent shootings in our own California communities.” ...
    They dont realise that it is the inequality in their society that promotes a lot of petty and violent crime that they feel necessitates the "safety" of a gun. Also a hangover of their civil war and control of the blacks. Look at the Tulsa Race Riot.

    The drug problem as well of course.

    I have Filipino friends who migrated there but emigrated back because of violence.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

  2. #2432
    CC Grandmaster Ian Murray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,780
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    They dont realise that it is the inequality in their society that promotes a lot of petty and violent crime that they feel necessitates the "safety" of a gun. Also a hangover of their civil war and control of the blacks. ...
    The Slave-State Origins of Modern Gun Rights

  3. #2433
    CC Grandmaster Capablanca-Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Atlanta, GA (formerly Brisbane, and before that Wellington, NZ)
    Posts
    21,235
    The Right To BEAR Arms
    John Stossel, 29 Jun 2021

    The Supreme Court will soon decide whether the government must let residents carry guns.
    ----
    So you don’t miss the weekly video from Stossel TV, sign up here: https://johnstossel.activehosted.com/f/1
    ----
    I once tried to get a carry permit in NYC. They didn’t make it easy. They required pages and pages of forms, notarization, records of death threats I'd received, and two trips to police headquarters.

    The whole process took 8.5 months.

    The result: DENIED.

    But the Supreme Court will now hear a case brought by two other New Yorkers who couldn't get a permit. Alan Gottlieb, of the 2nd Amendment Foundation, is optimistic that the court will rule in favor of gun rights.

    Will that mean more guns on the street, and therefore increase crime? [Spoiler alert: states that passed right-to-carry laws saw a drop in violent crime. Crooks don't like to attack if there is a chance that the victim could shoot them.]

    “The history of the 20th century is full of examples of countries that set out to redistribute wealth and ended up redistributing poverty.”
    “There’s no point blaming the tragedies of socialism on the flaws or corruption of particular leaders. Any system which allows some people to exercise unbridled power over others is an open invitation to abuse, whether that system is called slavery or socialism or something else.”—Thomas Sowell

  4. #2434
    CC Grandmaster antichrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    21,327
    The history of the 20th and 21st centuries is of Americans arming themselves and shooting each other as well as police. Close to 40 police a month. They even have mass shootings of children - i am sure the American natives they suppressed didn't murder their children.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

  5. #2435
    CC Grandmaster Capablanca-Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Atlanta, GA (formerly Brisbane, and before that Wellington, NZ)
    Posts
    21,235
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    The history of the 20th and 21st centuries is of Americans arming themselves and shooting each other as well as police.
    Yet the violent crime went down when gun carry was allowed.

    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    Close to 40 police a month. They even have mass shootings of children
    Mainly in "gun-free" zones. Imagine that: criminals don't obey laws against carrying guns.
    “The history of the 20th century is full of examples of countries that set out to redistribute wealth and ended up redistributing poverty.”
    “There’s no point blaming the tragedies of socialism on the flaws or corruption of particular leaders. Any system which allows some people to exercise unbridled power over others is an open invitation to abuse, whether that system is called slavery or socialism or something else.”—Thomas Sowell

  6. #2436
    CC Grandmaster antichrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    21,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Capablanca-Fan View Post
    Yet the violent crime went down when gun carry was allowed.


    Mainly in "gun-free" zones. Imagine that: criminals don't obey laws against carrying guns.
    Guns should only be allowed for a select few so the whole country becomes a gun free zone then shooting become virtually impossible.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

  7. #2437
    CC Grandmaster Desmond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The island
    Posts
    14,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Capablanca-Fan View Post
    [Spoiler alert: states that passed right-to-carry laws saw a drop in violent crime.
    Where is the evidence for this? A comprehensive look at studies on this topic at this link:

    Effects of Concealed-Carry Laws on Violent Crime

    ... Violent crime. Two studies (Donohue, Aneja, and Weber, 2019; Durlauf, Navarro, and Rivers, 2016) aggregated all violent crimes into a single category and found that shall-issue laws significantly increase violent crime rates. Three studies, one of which included data past 2000, found uncertain effects of shall-issue laws on overall violent crime (Hamill et al., 2019; Helland and Tabarrok, 2004; Plassmann and Whitley, 2003). Because evidence for the effect of shall-issue laws on each component of violent crime is inconclusive, it could be argued that these two studies of the effect of these laws on all violent crimes should not suffice to suggest that there is more than inconclusive evidence for such an effect. However, because analyses on all violent crimes may have greater statistical power to detect any such effects, and because our scoring criteria indicate it, we conclude that there is limited evidence that shall-issue laws may increase violent crime.
    So what's your excuse? For running like the devil's chasing you?

    See you in another life, brotha.

  8. #2438
    CC Grandmaster Ian Murray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,780
    States with right-to-carry concealed handgun laws experience increases in violent crime, according to Stanford scholar

    States that have enacted right-to-carry (RTC) concealed handgun laws have experienced higher rates of violent crime than states that did not adopt those laws, according to a Stanford scholar.

    Examining decades of crime data, Stanford Law Professor John Donohue’s analysis shows that violent crime in RTC states was estimated to be 13 to 15 percent higher – over a period of 10 years – than it would have been had the state not adopted the law. ...

    States with the most (and least) gun violence. See where your state stacks up.
    Last edited by Ian Murray; 30-06-2021 at 11:38 AM.

  9. #2439
    CC Grandmaster antichrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    21,327
    Gun possession is like having access to borrowed money - if it is available then one is far more likely to use it.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

  10. #2440
    CC Grandmaster Desmond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The island
    Posts
    14,516
    Worth the watch

    So what's your excuse? For running like the devil's chasing you?

    See you in another life, brotha.

  11. #2441
    CC Grandmaster antichrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    21,327
    ^ yes worth watching but more worthwhile was another in same "series" titled What representing Men in divorce taught me about fatherhood"

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlSwsE22nX0
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

  12. #2442
    CC Grandmaster antichrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    21,327
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    ^ yes worth watching but more worthwhile was another in same "series" titled What representing Men in divorce taught me about fatherhood"

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlSwsE22nX0
    The link i mention is in same vein of what Capa Fan was saying some time back.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

  13. #2443

  14. #2444
    CC Grandmaster antichrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    21,327
    Well being an astrophysicist he chose the wrong profession. Nothing outta space gonna hurt us it's our own planet he must be aware of. My astronomer Hungarian bro-in-law is the same. There head is up beyond the clouds. When my bro went to USA 7 years ago there were nationalist yahoos in utes waving American flags and guns. He only told me yesterday.

    Filipino friends de-migrated back to the Philippines finding it too dangerous .
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

  15. #2445
    CC FIDE Master littlesprout85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Beyond da Abyss
    Posts
    925
    ERmmmm..... which state of mind does Capablanca fan resides ins for in Sprout Red State of Arizona is Literally da Wild Wild West n Always will be ......

    There isn't any other state that more wide open than AZ to carry a gun weather it be in your pants or not..... Anybody at anytime in da streets of AZ can be carrying a cannon in their pants legally without any background checks or permits OR gun handling Lessons..... How Open can a state be... oh this Ain't True Sprout Some Will Say :S Well Now m8's , you must realize that you can go on down to da neighborhood gun show private sale or on da streets of az n just buy a gun legally if you are over da age of 18 n not have a felony conviction on your record. But then again Who's Checking :? Nobody ! So then go on ahead n stick it right proudly in your pants joy joy n march on Arizona........... How Does More Guns Make Anything Safer Capablanca Fan :?... State of Arizona along with da State of Texas are vary dangerous n just look at da gun violence for these Red States Have Just as much crime if not more than NY or LA n such.

    If You Think that Criminals will dodge you n your property cause you n yours own a gun HAhaHaHaHahahaha !!!! DAts too Funny cause most criminals are attracted to you n yours home cause you have guns n THey da Perps Want Your Guns :0 . They just learn your homes schedule n then break ins ur homes n steal ur guns. Sprouty knows this cause meh know at least 5 peoples who sport da iron n all have had they're houses broke into n they're irons stolen here in AZ..... Also Sprout has seen in local news that alot of da time da homeowners be asleeps n da perps use da homeowners guns on them for a home invasion that'll drag out for days...... National Crime Stats Play all this out CapaBlanca Fan... Just owning a Gun increasing you odds big times that you will die from you own gun in your own house. In fact, its extremely rare that a home owner actually shoots a perp in action, more likely da homeowner gets shot with ems own gun even if da perp doesn't have a gun during da breakins lololol....... too funny ........... Da point Sprout is making is that Guns Don't make you any safer from becoming a statistic, just check all da national crime annual reports people.....

    Let Sprout leave you all with a couple scenes that played out not to long ago here in AZ n TX n both where in walmart super centers during biz hrs..... Da AZ Scene is of a Mother n young child whom was sitting in a shopping cart w her purse, when da moms went to grab for some cereal off da shelf in isle 5 her child got hold of da gun in her purse n shot her in da head while she was looking da other way......2nd scene is of da mass shooting in El Paso TX walmart where da shooter armed with an assault rifle took out many just going isle to isle blowing all da ppl away .In TX Everyone there is also allowed to stick guns in there pants but nobody shot da shooter nope... not at all. he was allowed to just lay down n surrender to police outside in da parking lot.....

    So Really Capablanca fan Guns do not make u any safer in this Bizarro World n da stats play all this out regardless of wat you say....... Wat makes You really Think that da Crooks are all out to get you n your stuff,,, Da Best thing to do is buy some good insurance n make them coffee n muffins when they break ins for they (crooks) aren't there for you but just there for your stuff, mula n guns so just give it up n it'll all be replaced in da morning no probs n nobody gets hurt.....

    PS...... Most Crime Statistics show that criminals don't use they're own guns to commit crimes even during da home breakins but in fact use stolen guns from legit homeowners in these robberies n home break ins n invasions n such to do crime 24/7 they da crooks hardly ever use theyre own guns.....

    -Sprout85 =)
    Last edited by littlesprout85; 02-02-2022 at 01:48 AM.
    Every One will Catch da Corona19 Virus, May God Help Us All
    You just can't reason with da BA.2.12.1 type Corona19 Virus...... IT DON'T CARE !!!1

    Just trying to stay Positive in this New Bizarro World -Sprout85

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Melbourne Chess Club Calendar 2007
    By Bereaved in forum Completed Tournaments
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13-01-2007, 05:08 PM
  2. Melbourne Chess Club Calendar for 2006
    By Bereaved in forum Completed Tournaments
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 30-07-2006, 10:08 PM
  3. Minimum time control for standard rating
    By Rincewind in forum Australian Chess
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 24-04-2004, 10:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •