Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    CC resident nutcase Trent Parker's Avatar
    Yeah agreed not dozsa. My appologies. I remember dozsa having an accent IIRC.

All the posts around the web are saying that it is dozsa though. I wonder where they got their source.....
    GO THE DRAGONS!
    GO Western Sydney Wanderers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski's signature
    God exists. Short and to the point.
    This is the reason I do not wade into religion threads.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pictonite View Post
    Yeah agreed not dozsa. My appologies. I remember dozsa having an accent IIRC.

All the posts around the web are saying that it is dozsa though. I wonder where they got their source.....
    I think someone told Tim Blair that it was Dozsa when Blair featured it on his site.

Neither looks nor sounds like Dosza and about 25 years younger I'd say. The bombastic theatricality of the character in the clip is not Dosza's style.

DJ
    ...I don't want to go among mad people Alice remarked, "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: we're all mad here. I am mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat ,"or you wouldn't have come here."

Code:
    PAUL CHARLES DOZSA
    (born Jan-20-1940, died Oct-2003, 63 years old) Hungary (federation/nationality Australia)	

Paul Charles Dozsa was born in Szeged, Hungary in 1940. In the mid-1960s he emigrated to Australia. He died in Melbourne in 2003, aged 63. An eccentric character, he was repeatedly convicted of dining in restaurants, then declining to pay his bill.

Last updated: 2017-07-06 08:22:4  www.chessgames.com/perl/chessplayer?pid=418100

Court proceedings 04/02/2000 The Queen v Paul C.Dozsa

CC Grandmaster
    Despite Dozsa's ''flamboyant'' reputation is a ''diner''. While at chess tournaments - he was usually (at least during his twilight years when I got to meet him regularly) polite and well-behaved (just eccentric at times). Yes, He was clearly delusional (loved talking about cheap being implanted in his head to manipulate his mind etc.) but very friendly and positive person. He appeared to be having no little money...but did pay his entry fees (as opposed to dinner bills) and on one notable occasional - when collections for the Olympiad Appeal were done during one of the tournaments he was participating in (from memory - It was Geelong Open -can not remember now what year it was), he reached into his pocket, and donated ALL the money that he had on him (was 100-150 dollars).

P.S One possible way to reconstruct that ''donation event'' - I believe there are records for who donated ''how much'' what year.
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

According to this date of death is October 10,2003.https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/...-charles-dozsa

Lloyd Fell managed to notch a further 30 years over Paul's 63 years age of deceased. Miss both of them.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    A note that further discussion of the alleged Dozsa video has been moved here:

http://www.chesschat.org/showthread....-actually-him)

Those who knew him are clearly of the view it wasn't him so I am taking this to be fact unless firm evidence that it was emerges.

Thread Information