Page 318 of 343 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318319320328 ... LastLast
Results 4,756 to 4,770 of 5136
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    Of course it is more harmful because without stupidity you can't have man made global warming and it's denial. Without stupidity you can't have immorality. The problem is that some humans believe we are above nature and not part of it. I don't understand how chess players can be so concerned whether P-e4 or P-e3 but so unconcerned whether temperature +1 or +2. That's it, to encourage understanding we need chess boards that the squares towards the hot centre of the board graduate to a hot red colour. That unfortunately I cannot demonstrate here. The concept could be called Climate Change for Chess Dummies
    You are spot on here! You should hear the Berlin World Cup GMs commentary about climate demonstrations in Europe! They fit your description (re relating chess players vs social and natural phenomena around them) 100%!
    Last edited by ER; 21-09-2019 at 03:11 PM.
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

https://aus2020.chesschamp.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    Your friends are sarcastic about the death and destruction caused by bushfires in Australia?
    Hey Michael, don't worry about hair pulling, bra burning ranting of local Cassandras!
    Your friends know very well that bushfires caused by natives in order to clear millions of hectares of forests for hunting purposes (*) leave for "dead"
    modern catastrophes, which can be tackled by modern technology anyway, saving land and people from complete destruction!
    (*) and that's on a continuous uninterrupted basis over tens of thousands of years!
    Last edited by ER; 21-09-2019 at 03:36 PM.
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by ER View Post
    Hey Michael, don't worry about hair pulling, bra burning ranting of local Cassandras!
    Your friends know very well that bushfires caused by natives in order to clear millions of hectares of forests for hunting purposes (*) leave for "dead"
    modern catastrophes, which can be tackled by modern technology anyway, saving land and people from complete destruction!
    (*) and that's on a continuous uninterrupted basis for tens of thousands of years!
    Hopefully Michael's friends - or at least their children - are aware that bushfires are still killing people and destroying homes in 2019. And that the CSIRO has warned us that they will get worse in the future.

Hopefully Michael's friends - or at least their children - are aware that bushfires are still killing people and destroying homes in 2019. And that the CSIRO has warned us that they will get worse in the future.
    haha, forget my son, he's worse than me - he is an indifferent bloody fence sitting bastard! my (ex) wife same, all she does is potato couching watching stupid American series with her knucklehead Yankee friends. Worst of all is my granddaughter who agitates and bullies boys and girls in school and Sunday school, (she just goes there on Sundays to cause trouble) enforcing her classmates to join silly climate rallies and she's not even 13 yet. What's the world coming to!!! I hope they kick her out of there and send her back to Australia, that will teach her!!!
    Last edited by ER; 21-09-2019 at 03:37 PM.
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Quote Originally Posted by ER View Post
    haha, forget my son, he's worse than me - he is an indifferent bloody fence sitting bastard! my (ex) wife same, all she does is potato couching watching stupid American series with her knucklehead Yankee friends. Worst of all is my granddaughter who agitates and bullies boys and girls in school and Sunday school, (she just goes there on Sundays to cause trouble) enforcing her classmates to join silly climate rallies and she's not even 13 yet. What's the world coming to!!! I hope they kick her out of there and send her back to Australia, that will teach her!!!
    I must have married same as myself and different to you. My couple exs whom I happen to be still close to are all on board re progressive issues. In 1970 number 1 was already good on gay. Also she refused to work in the X-Ray dept of the hospital claiming that was for nurses who had already finished having children - so she was good on anti-nuke with me, even coming to Canberra protest and camping out on Parliament House lawns in 1976. I think my current would shoot The Donald if she was in range or at least kick him where his mother never kissed him. I love that your grand daughter grows hair on her chest - fighting for her future right for a healthy biosphere.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

When our planet is under attack we have to stand up and fight back
    The Guardian op-ed

Until a few months ago I never imagined blocking a bridge and watching grandparents being carried off by police.

Yet last weekend I was one of hundreds of Extinction Rebellion (XR for short) protesters who danced, sang and chanted on Princes bridge in Melbourne for several hours to draw attention to the climate crisis. The people who chose to be arrested (the police gave protesters plenty of warning and time to move on) included an assistant school principal, a clinical psychologist, a permaculturalist and a 73-year-old grandmother.

These are not the sort of activities I envisioned doing at this point in my life. In the words of that Powderfinger song, these days turned out nothing like I had planned. Then again, few people predicted the world would end up the way it has – other than climate scientists, of course, whose warnings have been ignored for decades....

Subsidy-free renewable energy development undercuts arguments for new fossil fuel generation
    IEEFA

... As wind and solar demonstrate they can compete on their own against coal- and natural gas-fired plants, the economic and political arguments in favor of carbon-free power become harder and harder to refute.

“The training wheels are off,” said Joe Osha, an equity analyst at JMP Securities. “Prices have declined enough for both solar and wind that there’s a path toward continued deployment in a post-subsidy world.”

The reason, in short, is the subsidies worked. After decades of quotas, tax breaks and feed-in-tariffs, wind and solar have been deployed widely enough for manufacturers and developers to become increasingly efficient and drive down costs. The cost of wind power has fallen about 50% since 2010. Solar has dropped 85%. That makes them cheaper than new coal and gas plants in two-thirds of the world, according to BloombergNEF.

CC Grandmaster
    My friends and their children are not starting fires. Furthermore, we do not go hunting/gathering....we have other activities to attend to .
    Am I correct to assume that natives start the bushfires on purpose sometimes?
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    My friends and their children are not starting fires. Furthermore, we do not go hunting/gathering....we have other activities to attend to .
    https://landcareaustralia.org.au/pro...nd-management/
    Why do we need farms and technology...lets all go back to indigenous ways.

CC Grandmaster
    My friends and their children are not starting fires. Furthermore, we do not go hunting/gathering....we have other activities to attend to . Am I correct to assume that natives start the bushfires on purpose sometimes?
    I've no idea what you're talking about. Most bushfires are either accidents or have natural causes. But the hot dry weather caused by global heating makes them worse.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Murray View Post
    When our planet is under attack we have to stand up and fight back
    The Guardian op-ed

Until a few months ago I never imagined blocking a bridge and watching grandparents being carried off by police.

Yet last weekend I was one of hundreds of Extinction Rebellion (XR for short) protesters who danced, sang and chanted on Princes bridge in Melbourne for several hours to draw attention to the climate crisis. The people who chose to be arrested (the police gave protesters plenty of warning and time to move on) included an assistant school principal, a clinical psychologist, a permaculturalist and a 73-year-old grandmother.

These are not the sort of activities I envisioned doing at this point in my life. In the words of that Powderfinger song, these days turned out nothing like I had planned. Then again, few people predicted the world would end up the way it has – other than climate scientists, of course, whose warnings have been ignored for decades....
    I would expect grandparents not to commit actions that result in being carried off. Shall we blame the police?

https://landcareaustralia.org.au/pro...nd-management/
    Why do we need farms and technology...lets all go back to indigenous ways.
    With your attitude of head in sand to climate change your mentality have never left your perceived idea of indigenous ways. The only difference is that you can look with hindsight and should know better whereas they could not - at least not in the very long term. Some people may consider your existence as an disadvantage to us all.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    With your attitude of head in sand to climate change your mentality have never left your perceived idea of indigenous ways. The only difference is that you can look with hindsight and should know better whereas they could not - at least not in the very long term. Some people may consider your existence as an disadvantage to us all.
    People can consider my existence a disadvantage - not a problem! I am not asking them to provide for me. They are entitled to their opinions. But then they should not expect me to provide for them either

Michael, current society is doing worse than bushfires. Our usage of oil is carbon monoxide not carbon dioxide so a little more dangerous I believe. Also we know climate science and pollution science and know the damage we are doing. Native peoples did not know about green house nor should we expect them to. Why we are even more worse because we could substantially decrease such usage and over time eliminate altogether but we don't really care. We don't deserve our planet. I can't believe that such educated people on this board can be no better than Pauline Hanson - she has an excuse lack of full education. Of course not everybody is suitable for higher education so those who are should be aware of their responsibilities - not to appeal to ordinary people's lower tinderies. That was the difference of Obama over Trump. Of Whitlam and Rudd over Howard and Abbott.

People can consider my existence a disadvantage - not a problem! I am not asking them to provide for me. They are entitled to their opinions. But then they should not expect me to provide for them either
    That does not give you the right to stuff up their planet. It is not about money you are not in the welfare spending thread. Your attitude to climate change is like in a drought of someone leaving the tap on all day and night just because you pay your water bill thinking everything is just about money. Money has only been in existence for only a relatively short period of man's existence and I believe that man will be a lot better off when money is no longer in existence.

Thread Information