Page 346 of 346 FirstFirst ... 246296336344345346
Results 5,176 to 5,187 of 5187
    CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    Do you agree that if police would be decisive enough to do their job and ensure that public transportation systems are not interrupted by those carrying out unlawful activities, citizens would not even have to to ''take law in own hands''.
    If you want to enforce the law, become a policeman! The penalty for blocking a road is a fine; the penalty for violently attacking someone is jail time.

CC Grandmaster
    The council represents its citizens....if this is how citizens feel...why should it be unacceptable to us?
    Because the rest of us will have to pay the cost of their stupidity in rising premiums.

Do you agree that if police would be decisive enough to do their job and ensure that public transportation systems are not interrupted by those carrying out unlawful activities, citizens would not even have to to ''take law in own hands''.
    Same in Melbourne...police tells protesters to leave...but rarely if ever resorts to quick action.
    1 Warning/request to leave and clear way should be enough for protesters to stop. If not - step in and clear the way.
    If you think not getting your way justifies violence on another person, you probably belong in jail.
    I trust the police's judgement in such matters far more than I trust yours.
    meep meep

CC Grandmaster
    Nice to see a myth being put to rest by an actual expert:

"You're saying that coral bleaching is affected by water temperatures," she told Dr David Wachenfeld. "Yet around Indonesia, closer to the equator ... where the water temperatures are 29C, it's a known fact that coral actually grows faster and more prolific in warmer temperatures."

Wachenfeld explained that corals live in a variety of water temperatures over the world, with substantial differences even within the Great Barrier Reef. Corals bleach when stressed - such as when exposed to warmer than normal temperatures - and die if stressed for prolonged periods, he told the senator. "The fact that corals in Indonesia could withstand higher temperatures than corals on the central Great Barrier Reef is of no benefit to the corals of the central Great Barrier Reef when they die."

The council represents its citizens....if this is how citizens feel...why should it be unacceptable to us?
    The ratepayers weren't consulted. Faced with SLR-caused infrastructure expense and rezoning, and rate increases to pay for it all, the council kicked the can down the road for future councils to solve.
    Last edited by Ian Murray; 21-10-2019 at 05:16 PM.

If the green movement concerned in XR has been taken over by the anarchists then I don't fully support it. I thought their actions have been a bit too radical to keep repeating numerous times. It is important to keep the public on board and to bring the public along with you. There are different ploys to achieve this. So it must be positive, constructive and happy even though the subject is deadly serious. I know the anarchists have been supporting environmentalism for 30 years at least so have to be respected. But if that is how they want to rebel then it is really their own business, I never listened to anybody when I was doing my own thing. It is important for more conventional activists to thrive to keep other protests more mainstream to grow the movement. They could try and get bicycle exchange depots established like there are in Japan I think and Europe and at the same time emphasizing the seriousness of climate change and the part that cycles can positively play in the pic. Fight for covered bicycles ways that are comfortable no matter the weather.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    Because the rest of us will have to pay the cost of their stupidity in rising premiums.
    well its democracy for you...shall i list all things i am not happy about but ''people want them''
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

CC Grandmaster
    well its democracy for you...shall i list all things i am not happy about but ''people want them''
    You can list any that ignore the laws of physics, as the Council's decision does

Leading Australian engineers turn their backs on new fossil fuel projects
    The Guardian

Engineering firms are under increased pressure from their own employees to abandon controversial fossil fuel projects, as the sector turns its attention to the climate crisis.

About 1,000 Australian engineers and 90 organisations – including large firms and respected industry figures who have worked with fossil fuel companies – have signed a declaration to “evaluate all new projects against the environmental necessity to mitigate climate change”.

As the Australian Engineers Declare movement gathers pace, some industry figures say firms that work on Adani’s Carmichael coalmine project face a potential revolt from staff, and might struggle to recruit highly skilled people.

In the past few months, integrated services firms Aurecon and Cardno have both announced they would cut ties with Carmichael. The resources lobby has attempted to nullify the impact of environmental activism with veiled threats that companies might be effectively blacklisted from work on other projects. But little attention has been focused on a likely more compelling factor in those decisions – the influence of employees, whose expertise is the only real asset of most firms....

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    You should be writing propaganda for the Chinese government!
    what's the pay like?
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

https://aus2020.chesschamp.net/

btw can anyone of you eco-nutjobs arrange for a bit of climate warming to come down to Melbourne? it's bloody freezing over here!

extinction.jpg

and don't give me any of those climate warming has nothing to do with the weather patterns crap because I 'll dob you in to Gail! enough is bloody 'nough!
    Last edited by ER; 21-10-2019 at 11:49 PM.
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

https://aus2020.chesschamp.net/

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by ER View Post
    what's the pay like?
    Certainly less than Greta earns ..along with her parents ...i wonder if she donates all her earnings to those who really had their Childhood stolen...
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Thread Information