Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 61
  1. #1
    CC Candidate Master Intuition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    227

    Bad Beat Stories

    Im sure that there is many shockers out there..this is what I came across during my last poker tourney at crown.

    We were down to the final to the final 2 tables, I was on the button and was chip leader on my table. Got dealt A, A and rasied to 3x big blind everyone folded exept for the big blind who re-raised to 6x big blind.. he's stack would have been about half of mine..I go all in and get called ....we turn them over and he has 8,8...flop comes K,7,J..the turn then was a 10...im still thinking ive got this in the bag then he hit a 9 on the river! ...hrmm ok i lost half my chips but ended up making it through to the final table..when with 3 players left I again get cursed with pocket rockets, there was a fair bit of money in the pot to I went all in and get called by the chip leader...to my suprise he turns over k,9 off...I couldnt bellive it surely enough....the flop comes 6, 3, Q and im thinking what has this idiot just done...the next 2 cards were two NINES!!...it would have been a bad day had it not been for for what happened at the pub afterwards..I guess thats a story for a different thread

  2. #2
    CC resident nutcase Trent Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Picton, The Dilly, NSW
    Posts
    2,936
    Not a bad beat but an amazing hand indeed.

    I've gone all in preflop. I have A8. I'm massive shortstack. Three runners cal my all in. Flop Comes 7 7 7 the other three go all in. Turn Comes 7. I'm Cheering! I have the A kicker!!!!! River Comes: A. 4 way split pot
    GO THE DRAGONS!
    GO Western Sydney Wanderers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski's signature
    God exists. Short and to the point.
    This is the reason I do not wade into religion threads.

  3. #3
    Banned Hydra
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by TCN
    Not a bad beat but an amazing hand indeed.

    I've gone all in preflop. I have A8. I'm massive shortstack. Three runners cal my all in. Flop Comes 7 7 7 the other three go all in. Turn Comes 7. I'm Cheering! I have the A kicker!!!!! River Comes: A. 4 way split pot
    I am at the casino the other day and I pick up Ace, 8 diamonds. I decide to raise pre-flop and at the 5 ten table nobody gets scared off, only one or two people fold preflop, everyone else comes along for the ride. The flop comes Ace Ace Ace!!! To my amazment someone raise, I call and only one other person calls. Everyone else folds with the 3 scare cards. Turn comes a 2 of spades. The flop raiser again raises and both I am the other player call him. River is a 4 of Spades - so I now actually only have the second nut hand after the straight flush (Ace, 2, 3 , 4, 5 Spades). Mr Raiser again raise, and its time to move in for the kill. I re-raise, the other player folds and the raiser calls me down. He has 5 5, giving him a full house. I callect a tidy little pot

  4. #4
    Account Permanently Banned firegoat7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    MCC
    Posts
    2,809
    Hi,

    I had final tabled a 180 micro recently and was sitting in fourth position with six players left.
    Big stack had been very loose betting everything. I am big blind and get to see the flop with pocket 77's. Flop comes JJ5. Every body checks, so I knew the big stack had hit a monster because he had bet every pot. I put him on triple jacks.
    Turn sees the 7 , and small blind tries the steal. I call weakly, knowing Big stack wants to go all in. He raises twice the pot, small blind folds and I put him all in with my full house, he calls turning over 3 Jacks.

    Great I think looking to double up and take the lead, until the river Jack arrives and busts me. Out in sixth......baaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

    cheers Fg7

  5. #5
    CC Candidate Master Intuition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by firegoat7
    Hi,

    I had final tabled a 180 micro recently and was sitting in fourth position with six players left.
    Big stack had been very loose betting everything. I am big blind and get to see the flop with pocket 77's. Flop comes JJ5. Every body checks, so I knew the big stack had hit a monster because he had bet every pot. I put him on triple jacks.
    Turn sees the 7 , and small blind tries the steal. I call weakly, knowing Big stack wants to go all in. He raises twice the pot, small blind folds and I put him all in with my full house, he calls turning over 3 Jacks.

    Great I think looking to double up and take the lead, until the river Jack arrives and busts me. Out in sixth......baaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

    cheers Fg7
    Those are the worst..you read and played it perfectly only to get done... You'd have to play it like that again tho...the suckers will pay in the long run

  6. #6
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    5,667

    A reverse bad beat?

    This hand was last night playing a 100 player satellite. Top four win $1100 buyin to the final, and fifth gets $600.

    We were down to the last five, and I blew a substantial chip lead with a ridiculous play that I won't share, and JJ beaten by 44 (all-in preflop) catching a 4 on the flop. So now I was a bit short stacked, and the blinds were huge.

    AA under the gun, thank the lord, and just call to be heads up with the big blind. Flop comes down 1033. He bets all-in, and I call (he has one chip more than me). He shows J3 - disaster! Turn is a 10. River is a... 10. Saved by a miracle boat, and doubled into a decent position, which I preserved to top four and a place in the $100k final.

    My opponent followed up by turning his one chip into four when his 86 made a straight on the river, and proceeded to double up two or three times more before finally (and insanely) busting out against the chip leader when the short stack was about to be blinded out.

  7. #7
    CC Candidate Master Intuition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by pax
    This hand was last night playing a 100 player satellite. Top four win $1100 buyin to the final, and fifth gets $600.

    We were down to the last five, and I blew a substantial chip lead with a ridiculous play that I won't share, and JJ beaten by 44 (all-in preflop) catching a 4 on the flop. So now I was a bit short stacked, and the blinds were huge.

    AA under the gun, thank the lord, and just call to be heads up with the big blind. Flop comes down 1033. He bets all-in, and I call (he has one chip more than me). He shows J3 - disaster! Turn is a 10. River is a... 10. Saved by a miracle boat, and doubled into a decent position, which I preserved to top four and a place in the $100k final.

    My opponent followed up by turning his one chip into four when his 86 made a straight on the river, and proceeded to double up two or three times more before finally (and insanely) busting out against the chip leader when the short stack was about to be blinded out.
    LoL sounds like an interesting tourneyi guess JJ loosing to 44 is bad but not as bad as they come I guess....I guess your luck was evened out with the miricle boat...but personally I'd always rasie with rockets for that very reason that if you dont you often gut busted by crap hands like 7 2 off...lol.. well done on making the final.. you must have played well to get that far

  8. #8
    CC Candidate Master Intuition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by firegoat7
    Hi,

    I had final tabled a 180 micro recently and was sitting in fourth position with six players left.
    Big stack had been very loose betting everything. I am big blind and get to see the flop with pocket 77's. Flop comes JJ5. Every body checks, so I knew the big stack had hit a monster because he had bet every pot. I put him on triple jacks.
    Turn sees the 7 , and small blind tries the steal. I call weakly, knowing Big stack wants to go all in. He raises twice the pot, small blind folds and I put him all in with my full house, he calls turning over 3 Jacks.

    Great I think looking to double up and take the lead, until the river Jack arrives and busts me. Out in sixth......baaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

    cheers Fg7
    given that you put him on trip Jacks it was probably better for you to raise at the turn rather than call thinking you have the nuts and slow playing, but hey..that is extremely unlucky..I probably would have slow played it too

  9. #9
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    5,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Intuition
    LoL sounds like an interesting tourneyi guess JJ loosing to 44 is bad but not as bad as they come I guess....I guess your luck was evened out with the miricle boat...but personally I'd always rasie with rockets for that very reason that if you dont you often gut busted by crap hands like 7 2 off...lol.. well done on making the final.. you must have played well to get that far
    It depends. With AA, I definitely don't just want to win the blinds. Ideally I want one or two opponents and as much money in preflop as possible. Under the gun, this means just calling and hoping for a raise after. The odds for the big blind to hit two pair or better on the flop are pretty small - maybe 20-1 or less. On the other hand, he can easily hit top pair and lose a lot of chips.

  10. #10
    CC Candidate Master Intuition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by pax
    It depends. With AA, I definitely don't just want to win the blinds. Ideally I want one or two opponents and as much money in preflop as possible. Under the gun, this means just calling and hoping for a raise after. The odds for the big blind to hit two pair or better on the flop are pretty small - maybe 20-1 or less. On the other hand, he can easily hit top pair and lose a lot of chips.
    Poker is all situational therefore unless a person is there its really hard to say how they should have played so yeah it depends....but at least 80% of the time I would raise with the rockets for the very reason of getting the rubbish out of the pot

  11. #11
    CC resident nutcase Trent Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Picton, The Dilly, NSW
    Posts
    2,936
    ok time for another story.

    Last year I was at star city casino at the early hours of the morning and the poker tables were just about closing with a possible couple of hands to go.

    Drunk guy two positions after me (and one of the shorter stacks at the table) says "I'm going to go all in blind this hand" The dealer deals the cards. I'm UTG, I get pocket Q's, I call the blind. Drunk guy goes all in blind, another 3 calls. I didnt want all these other players in the hand so decided that i'd go all in. Next person along is big stack and has a huge think. thinking thinking thinking fakes a throw towards the dealer.... thinking thinking thinking...... "I call"

    another guy who was practically all in anyway calls.

    Cards get turned over

    Drunked 10 2
    Big Stack 7 7
    other caller K Q
    Me Q Q

    flop comes 10 5 7
    Turn Q
    River 7
    a roller coaster hand to say the least.... big stack cleans up everything.

  12. #12
    Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The multiverse
    Posts
    21,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilly Boy
    ok time for another story.

    Last year I was at star city casino at the early hours of the morning and the poker tables were just about closing with a possible couple of hands to go.

    Drunk guy two positions after me (and one of the shorter stacks at the table) says "I'm going to go all in blind this hand" The dealer deals the cards. I'm UTG, I get pocket Q's, I call the blind. Drunk guy goes all in blind, another 3 calls. I didnt want all these other players in the hand so decided that i'd go all in. Next person along is big stack and has a huge think. thinking thinking thinking fakes a throw towards the dealer.... thinking thinking thinking...... "I call"

    another guy who was practically all in anyway calls.

    Cards get turned over

    Drunked 10 2
    Big Stack 7 7
    other caller K Q
    Me Q Q

    flop comes 10 5 7
    Turn Q
    River 7
    a roller coaster hand to say the least.... big stack cleans up everything.
    Stick to chess, 3 Queens nearly always wins.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

  13. #13
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,831
    Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind
    Stick to chess, 3 Queens nearly always wins.
    Saw a junior today promote to queen #3 with immediate stalemate.

  14. #14
    Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The multiverse
    Posts
    21,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    Saw a junior today promote to queen #3 with immediate stalemate.
    Yeah I said "nearly". But more often than not if you can't win with two then going for three is just asking for stalemate.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

  15. #15
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    5,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilly Boy
    Cards get turned over

    Drunked 10 2
    Big Stack 7 7
    other caller K Q
    Me Q Q

    flop comes 10 5 7
    Turn Q
    River 7
    a roller coaster hand to say the least.... big stack cleans up everything.
    Yikes.. A one outer.. Can't get a worse beat than that. In fact, I recall a friend telling me how he hit quad sevens for a one outer on the river recently - that was online Omaha though.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Chess Christmas Stories
    By Dozy in forum General Chess Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-12-2008, 11:09 PM
  2. Next ratings list
    By Megaman in forum Ratings Arena
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 28-02-2005, 11:11 PM
  3. Chessmaster 8000, can anyone beat it?
    By bunta in forum Computer Chess
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19-02-2005, 08:11 PM
  4. Australia beat Turkey 2.5-1.5
    By News Bot in forum Chess Australia
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27-10-2004, 12:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •