Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    493

    Rare win for me in King's Indian Defense

    Finally, a rare win for me in the King's Indian Defense opening! Most of my KID games result in a sad destruction of my position but this game I won despite being caught in a king hunt towards the end of the game.

    [Event "Rated game, 20m + 1s"]
    [Site "Main Playing Hall"]
    [Date "2007.07.04"]
    [Round "?"]
    [White "Kara Kartal"]
    [Black "Zwichenzug"]
    [Result "0-1"]
    [ECO "E76"]
    [WhiteElo "1713"]
    [BlackElo "1538"]
    [PlyCount "80"]
    [EventDate "2007.07.04"]

    PGN Viewer
     

    In retrospect, I think with 29.Nh3, my initiative would have fizzled out. I think its mainly luck that white didn't play 29.Nh3, I didn't have a good response to it. Anyway, a most enjoyable game, sometimes I just amaze myself!

  2. #2
    CC Grandmaster Capablanca-Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Atlanta, GA (formerly Brisbane, and before that Wellington, NZ)
    Posts
    21,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwischenzug
    [Event "Rated game, 20m + 1s"]
    [Site "Main Playing Hall"]
    [Date "2007.07.04"]
    [Round "?"]
    [White "Kara Kartal"]
    [Black "Zwichenzug"]
    [Result "0-1"]
    [ECO "E76"]
    [WhiteElo "1713"]
    [BlackElo "1538"]
    [PlyCount "80"]
    [EventDate "2007.07.04"]

    PGN Viewer
     
    Did you have a plan against 25.Be2?

    Earlier, against the time-losing four-pawns attack, Black needs to blast White's centre before he catches up in development, e.g. c5, d5 e6 or b5. Check something like NCO for specifics. Playing for a leisurely ...b5 is too slow, and might be why you have been unsuccessful with the KID in the past, from what you said.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zwischenzug
    In retrospect, I think with 29.Nh3, my initiative would have fizzled out. I think its mainly luck that white didn't play 29.Nh3, I didn't have a good response to it. Anyway, a most enjoyable game, sometimes I just amaze myself!
    Yeah, 29.Nh3 would have been good.
    Last edited by Capablanca-Fan; 05-07-2007 at 01:22 PM.

  3. #3
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    5,539
    What would you play after 36.Bg5+ Ke5 37.Re8+ ?
    For private coaching (IM, four times VIC champion) call or SMS 0417519733
    Computer tells you what to play. Good coach explains why.

  4. #4
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    493
    Okay, okay, I admit there are many mistakes in my play. I guess it was purely luck that I won that game. 36.Bg5+ Ke5 37.Re8+ and 25.Be2 are good moves which I don't have a good response to.

  5. #5
    CC Grandmaster Garrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    the City
    Posts
    3,210
    Congratulations to Black for winning an interesting game.

    Congratulations to white for having the guts to play one of the main lines.

  6. #6
    CC FIDE Master Phil Bourke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Blayney
    Posts
    780
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwischenzug
    Okay, okay, I admit there are many mistakes in my play. I guess it was purely luck that I won that game. 36.Bg5+ Ke5 37.Re8+ and 25.Be2 are good moves which I don't have a good response to.
    Hey, you are actually dissecting a win by yourself and seeing what you could do better. Most walk away from a win convinced that they have played well and don't learn the lessons you are getting until they lose playing the exact same stuff. You have accelerated your learning on this line by about 6 months.
    Get into chess, its a lifetime of enjoyment!
    Blayney Chess Club is online
    http://blayneychessclub.com

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Alekhine's Defense
    By Zwischenzug in forum Chess Training
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 22-07-2014, 11:49 PM
  2. King's Indian Attack
    By Zwischenzug in forum Chess Training
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 31-10-2006, 08:30 PM
  3. King's Gambit game
    By Davidflude in forum Games and Analysis
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30-11-2005, 05:57 PM
  4. King's Gambit corner
    By Spiny Norman in forum Games and Analysis
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 14-06-2005, 04:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •