Free Hosting Help Requested

I have a hastily configured Brisbane Chess Club website I want to inflict on the denizens of the universe without any fan-fare.

I don't feel inclined to piggy it off the back of either my commercial site or my home account. I call for (and would appreciate) feedback on the angelfires of this world ... anyone? Oh, and hurry up with the advice - I don't have all day!
    Last edited by Basil; 24-06-2007 at 12:55 AM.
    There is no cure for leftism. Its infestation of the host mostly diminishes with age except in the most rabid of specimens.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner Duggan
    I have a hastily configured Brisbane Chess Club website I want to inflict on the denizens of the universe without any fan-fare.

I don't feel inclined to piggy it off the back of either my commercial site or my home account. I call for (and would appreciate) feedback on the angelfires of this world ... anyone? Oh, and hurry up with the advice - I don't have all day!
    At unlimied-space.com, you can get hosting for about $90 a year. It's a low bandwidth, but high (unlimited) storage account.

You could ask Karthick about a free account on netlogistics.com. He is sometimes charitable towards chess clubs and tournaments.

Alternatively, googlepages is supposed to be ok, but you probably have to write the pages using their tools..

CC Grandmaster

Has anybody had any experience with Yahoo's Geocities? Tomorrowland is within landfall of it's 10 meg limit and I might have to look at other places too.
    Visit my chess blog: http://blog.chess.com/Dozy

CC Candidate Master
    I had a geocities, used it when i was about 10.

Still there
    drink plenty of water.

A previous CAQ president has agreed to host for free! Once I have his permission, I will publish his details here.
    There is no cure for leftism. Its infestation of the host mostly diminishes with age except in the most rabid of specimens.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner Duggan
    A previous CAQ president has agreed to host for free! Once I have his permission, I will publish his details here.
    If he is who I think he is, he already hosts the ACF website and ?CAQ (he used to) for free.

DJ
    ...I don't want to go among mad people Alice remarked, "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: we're all mad here. I am mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat ,"or you wouldn't have come here."

Quote Originally Posted by Denis_Jessop
    If he is who I think he is, he already hosts the ACF website and ?CAQ (he used to) for free.

DJ
    He is. David Esmonde.

www.isage.net.au

Many thanks, David.

CC International Master ElevatorEscapee's Avatar
    David's exciting stories about the female thingies... Top Bollocks! Norgs! Gazungas! Funbags! .... goodness!!!! ... Let me just say that that I might have imbibed a might too freely the other night, and I woke up this morning with a shocking John Howard "comb-over"!
    "On my chess set, all the pawns are Hamburglers" ~ Homer Simpson.

Thread Information