Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Beheading of a US Businessman in Iraq

Captured on Video, The beheading of a US citizen by five terrorists?
    Can the situation in the Middle East get any worse? Of course it can and it will.

There are no demands, no requests, and absolutely no fear, the terrorists just want a complete end of the whole western democratic world!

What can be done?

Well, we could go in and kill them all.

Or we could pull out completely, and let them kill themselves.

Either way, no justice is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf
    Well, we could go in and kill them all.

Or we could pull out completely, and let them kill themselves.

Either way, no justice is done.
    You don't think they would come after 'us', regardless if where in Iraq or not?.

Its gone way beyond Iraq now.

CC Candidate Master
    What a load of crap.

Iraq had nothing to do with Bin Laden's terrorism. It also had no weapons of mass destruction. And Saddam Hussein was such an evil dictator, so loathed, that hundreds of thousands of Iraqis were prepared to die to keep the Americans out.

The invasion of Iraq is not an attempt to spread democracy, eradicate WMDs or fight terrorism. It's an attempt to secure cheap oil for the US at the cost of tens of thousands (hundreds of thousands) of innocent Arab lives. Face it, you've been duped. Even americans are waking up to this now.

The beheading wasn't nice, but neither is the senseless killing of tens of thousands of innocent Iraqis by US troops, all fighting not for democracy but for a pro-US government that gives the US nice cheap oil.

That's what happens when you invade someone else's country and crap all over them: they fight back.

We're the bad guys. Try at least entertaining the possibility and see where it leads you.
    cheers - paulb

Quote Originally Posted by paulb
    What a load of crap.

Iraq had nothing to do with Bin Laden's terrorism. It also had no weapons of mass destruction. And Saddam Hussein was such an evil dictator, so loathed, that hundreds of thousands of Iraqis were prepared to die to keep the Americans out.

The invasion of Iraq is not an attempt to spread democracy, eradicate WMDs or fight terrorism. It's an attempt to secure cheap oil for the US at the cost of tens of thousands (hundreds of thousands) of innocent Arab lives. Face it, you've been duped. Even americans are waking up to this now.

The beheading wasn't nice, but neither is the senseless killing of tens of thousands of innocent Iraqis by US troops, all fighting not for democracy but for a pro-US government that gives the US nice cheap oil.

That's what happens when you invade someone else's country and crap all over them: they fight back.

We're the bad guys. Try at least entertaining the possibility and see where it leads you.
    Well said Paul In particular it's astonishing the cloud of ignorance has taken so long to dissipate.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
    - White Queen, Alice through the Looking-Glass

photo opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Dickinson
    Well said Paul In particular it's astonishing the cloud of ignorance has taken so long to dissipate.
    I saw the front pages of the herald sun today about the 100 odd Australian merceneries going to Iraq and how they discretely put rectangles to hide the eyes which were not covered by sunglasses.

And I thinks to meself

(greetings arosar)

As if covering just the eyes hides the identity ...

Why don't the photo retouche artists remove the whole head to make sure their identity is really hidden ...

and to give them a BIG hint as to what may await them?

eclectic

CC Rookie

Angry

This thread is craperiffic!

Blame evil America first!

This war is what the world gets when 19 idiot arabs load up in planes and attack America.

We got plenty of cheap oil allready here in the good ol USA and dont need Iraq's
    oil. What we need is to show that part of the world that its time to join up with the modern fhuckin world or be owned.

Simple Aint it?
    I for one welcome our new robot chess masters.

Account Permanently Banned PHAT's Avatar
    Weadley, maaaaaaaaaaate. You are in for some rough handling as you get educated here about the USA and the position it has in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Sweeney
    Weadley, maaaaaaaaaaate. You are in for some rough handling as you get educated here about the USA and the position it has in the world.
    He's an American, so I doubt that will happen any time soon
    "I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
    - White Queen, Alice through the Looking-Glass

The pictures of the naked Iraqis reminded me of scenes from Belsen and Auschwitz. I did chastize Paul last year for using comparisons with Nazi Germany, but I guess I was wrong.
    Power comes from the barrel of a gun.

CC Rookie
    I for one wont bash your country.
    I have the greatest of respect for the Aussies and thier tough stance.
    However you guys here are another thing.
    I guess every country has there ostriches.
    Some just refuse to see the bad turn that the world has taken.
    Its time to fix it.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David_Richards
    The pictures of the naked Iraqis reminded me of scenes from Belsen and Auschwitz. I did chastize Paul last year for using comparisons with Nazi Germany, but I guess I was wrong.
    There is an ever so slight difference in scale.
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 20-05-2004 at 03:35 AM.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

CC Rookie
    And boo phuckin hoo for the naked prisoners.
    Sadam has spoken out and condemened it as the work of amatuers, stating that the piles of naked men clearly were not dead.

You might not realize it but most college kids go through worse stuff then that just to get accepted into a fraternity!

And you just belittled the deaths of millions. Dave! Way to phuckin go!
    I could only imagine though what your opinions would be if it was 19 Saudis that flew planes into a packed Sydney Opera House.

The face of our planet changed on 9/11.

Quote Originally Posted by weadley
    I have the greatest of respect for the Aussies and thier tough stance.
    Our tough stance???

It wasn't ours and it wasn't tough. It was our PM following your President without question because Australia's too scared to attempt an independent foreign policy.

Polls have generally shown a small majority of Australians opposed to the war.

I guess every country has there ostriches.
    Some just refuse to see the bad turn that the world has taken.
    Its time to fix it.
    And killing nearly 20000 people while turning Iraq from an awful but completely contained dictatorship into an unstable and resentful breeding ground for future terrorists where many more people will die solves this precisely how?
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

Quote Originally Posted by weadley
    And boo phuckin hoo for the naked prisoners.
    Sadam has spoken out and condemened it as the work of amatuers, stating that the piles of naked men clearly were not dead.

You might not realize it but most college kids go through worse stuff then that just to get accepted into a fraternity!
    Um yeah ... who said that first ... it was Rush Limbaugh, was it not. You a fan?

That similar abuses occur in the frat system just proves that the frat system is immature, conformist and stupid. It's one of the things about USA culture I have never understood.

Thread Information