CC FIDE Master

A challenge match

Noble Park Chess Club is interested in having a challenge match against any other club on something like 6 to 10 boards where there could be games between high rated players, juniors, female players and lower rated players of each club. I personally think it will be good for chess in Victoria if these sort of friendly matches could happen. So there, Noble Park Chess Club hopes that someone will accept the challenge. And if few clubs would be interested, perhaps we could create some sort of round robin tournament... I think in particular Noble Park vs Melbourne Chess Club would be interesting as both clubs have some strong players.. Anyway, let's see what will happen...

This would be really cool but wouldn't it be quite hard to set up, I would be willing to lend a hand, playing that is. Of course I could fit into the lower rated players.

If noble park played dandenong could i play myself?
    Last edited by Ged; 20-04-2007 at 08:39 PM.

I'd be happy to investigate this. Croydon would possibly be interested in a match. I am away at a conference this coming week, but if Noble Park want to drop me an email: stephen.frost@croydonchess.com ... I would be happy to follow this up on my return.
    “As you perhaps know, I haven't always been a Christian. I didn't go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don't recommend Christianity.” -- C.S.Lewis

CC FIDE Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ged
    This would be really cool but wouldn't it be quite hard to set up, I would be willing to lend a hand, playing that is. Of course I could fit into the lower rated players.

If noble park played dandenong could i play myself?
    Well, to set up all we need is players to play and a place that everyone agrees on.. that doesn't sound that hard, does it ... but if noble park and dandenong played, surely it wouldn't be hard to arrange a game...

I don't see a reason why you couldn't play, of course it would be handy if I knew who you were .. You can send me a private message if you wish....

CC Rookie

Hi

How about some games over the net for clubs that are further appart ?
    would be happy to organise a round robin beeween clubs have a club of club championship depending on how many are interested let me know everones thoughts

cheers jason

CC FIDE Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chessaddict
    How about some games over the net for clubs that are further appart ?
    would be happy to organise a round robin beeween clubs have a club of club championship depending on how many are interested let me know everones thoughts

cheers jason
    I somehow think that not many people would be interested in playing games over the net no matter how far apart they are...

Your idea sounds all right, maybe it could be tried to be organised... I believe Noble Park Chess Club would be interested...

Thread Information