View Poll Results: On Good Friday:

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am a Christian and will be abstaining from meat.

1 14.29%
  • I am a Christian and will NOT be abstaining from meat.

0 0%
  • I am a NOT a Christian and will be abstaining from meat.

0 0%
  • I am NOT a Christian and will be NOT abstaining from meat.

6 85.71%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Great Uncle Bulgaria
    a strip of bacon is usually more entertaining than meatloaf. it can also hold a tune much better.
    LOL! Two out of 3 aint bad!
    God exists. Short and to the point.

Secretary of, and regularly playing at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

“If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.” — Abba Eban on the UN general assembly

“You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.” — Obi-Wan Kenobi on the UN kakistocracy

as Jesus is not an historical figure all the essence should not be considered seriously, because without substance it is just a waste of our precious time. If you want to preach then preach contraception, population control, pollution control and social justice for people who are suffering because of Biblical racism
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

furthermore if you believe in Creationism than you are admitting that evolution is a stronger force than creationism. Because God would have created man without imperfections of homosexuality (according to Christian fanatics) - but man has evolved into wretched sinful disease-ridden homosexuals (according to fanatical Christians). Did God get the receipe wrong?

exactly what kind of sin was there in Sodom and Gamorrah(?) to draw God''s wrath -I can't remember exactly how the Catholic priest described what they were supposed to be doing?
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    as Jesus is not an historical figure all the essence should not be considered seriously, because without substance it is just a waste of our precious time. If you want to preach then preach contraception, population control, pollution control and social justice for people who are suffering because of Biblical racism
    Show me one reputable historian who does not believe that Jesus was an historical figure. Not Josephus, Pliny the Younger,....

Secretary of, and regularly playing at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

Quote Originally Posted by Adamski
    Show me one reputable historian who does not believe that Jesus was an historical figure. Not Josephus, Pliny the Younger,....
    well from what I have read high Catholic scholars in that area of expertise concede that the enteries are interpolated by Catholics after Josephus met his maker. Also isn't Josesphus account just a matter of fact mention, not making it sound like some thing wild and wonderful. And isn't that account out of context of surrounding texts.

Don't mention Tacitus, he mentions about 6 prophets and none of them sound like Jesus of Nazareth - unless Jesus is a composite figure make up of all 6

Josephus makes quite a few references to Jesus.

Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Josephus makes quite a few references to Jesus.
    Josephus was *born* around 37 AD and so was born after Jesus' death and writing in the late 1st century and therefore was working off secondary sources. Also the most important sections of Jesephus with regards the authenticity of Jesus, particular the section describing the sentencing of Jesus to death under Pilate, is at least partially not authentic and contains interpolation by Christians made much later.

All you can definitely say based on Josephus is that some people living in the 1st century believed that someone called Jesus existed in the recent past whose followers called the Christ and that he probably had a brother called James.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

I wonder why Jesus did not hang around a lot loonger, performing party tricks around the place, would have been popular with the ladies, but the fish and bakery shops would have detested him. He should have been named Sue coz his father was not around

On the Cross Jesus said "It is finished". I.e. the work He had to do as a man on earth was complete. So no need to "stay around longer".

On the Cross Jesus said "It is finished". I.e. the work He had to do as a man on earth was complete. So no need to "stay around longer".
    we have had Holocaust since, Cambodia killing fields, Stalins efforts etc and he reakons his job was complete here - he only cured about 3 bods

also he did not want to go, he yelled Father why has thou forsaken me,his old man done him in - the old man did same as he commanded Abrahim to do, be responsible for his own son's death

we have had Holocaust since, Cambodia killing fields, Stalins efforts etc and he reakons his job was complete here - he only cured about 3 bods

also he did not want to go, he yelled Father why has thou forsaken me,his old man done him in - the old man did same as he commanded Abrahim to do, be responsible for his own son's death
    Many more than three. He had demonstrated he was the Son of God. The "why have You forsaken me?" was quoting Psalms. Straight after he said :
    "not my will but Thine be done" to God the Father.

Many more than three. He had demonstrated he was the Son of God by doing many miracles. The "why have You forsaken me?" was quoting Psalms. Straight after he said : "not my will but Thine be done" to God the Father.

Many more than three. He had demonstrated he was the Son of God by doing many miracles. The "why have You forsaken me?" was quoting Psalms. Straight after he said : "not my will but Thine be done" to God the Father.
    then why was he racist and only saved the Hebrews or whoever, what about the Cambodians, Jews, USSR minorities etc. as as God is everywhere this evil must exist in him, therefore he is evil! And it is not if he has to put on his wings and fly to Earth, Earth is inside him.

At least his flying does not leave a carbon footprint like those big jets

Jesus was a God for all peoples, as many Bible verses show. Start with John 3:16.

Thread Information