Page 132 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132
Results 1,966 to 1,973 of 1973
    CC International Master
    Tonights October Rapid saw 10 players play. It was won by Kyle Leaver with 4/4. Tom Loughlin finished 2nd. Will Stone and Amar Krdea were equal 1st U1600

CC International Master
    Thursday night will see the October Allegro #1.

5 rounds of 10+2seconds.

I will not be attending because I have just started a new job that has me working Thursday afternoon shift.

Full details, https://sachess.org.au/event/october-allegro-1-2022/

CC International Master
    Here is my game from Tuesday Pennant competition round 3. I kept on my winning ways. My opponent made the fatal mistake of prompting an opening up of the e file when he was nowhere near prepared to castle. According to the chess.com analysis I had an accuracy of 93%, but I don't think any of the moves were hard to find.

PGN Viewer

Last edited by Scott Colliver; 13-10-2022 at 01:22 AM.

CC International Master
    Tonight saw the running of the October Blitz
    It was won by Aiden Chrisanthakopoulos ahead of new player Cody McFarlane who has just moved to SA from QLD.
    First U1600 was won by Juno Lee
    First Unrated was won by Fabian Khaw

Interclub has been continuing on Tuesday nights.
    Unfortunately B grade team KB Alpacas had to withdraw meaning there is now a bye in the B grade. KB Seagulls has the bye next Tuesday.
    If you want to play in either grade please contact Alan Goldsmith and he might be able to place you in a team
    Results and pairings available at https://sachess.org.au/pennant-teams...-2022-results/

Coming up in November is the SA Senior Championships. This will be played on Thursday nights alongside the usual Thursday night quick tournaments. Full details should be on the SACA website in the next couple of days.

CC International Master
    Last night saw the November Rapid. It was won by Kyle Leaver on 3.5/4, equal second was Aaron Perkins and myself. Kyle drew with Edgar Mdinaradze, I lost to Kyle, but beat Aaron and Aaron beat Edgar in the last round.

Pennant is continuing and going well, lots of good chess being played. I lost my first game of the season against Neeraj Keskar, a very enjoyable game to play despite losing. I was white and attacked his accelarated dragon the best I could but I was worse until he erred with 24. Rh8. After that I had a big advantage but missed my chances and he eventually found a tactic I missed to win by back rank checkmating me. The computer hates my 16. Nf5 attempted sac and 22. f6+ pawn sac, but we both thought they were good for me.

PGN Viewer

Last edited by Scott Colliver; 04-11-2022 at 02:43 PM.

CC International Master
    Next Thursday see the start of the South Australian Seniors Championship with prizes for both Seniors and Veterans categories.
    Full details https://sachess.org.au/event/south-a...22/2022-11-10/

Also next Thursday for those who are less experienced in life there will be the November Allegro # 1.
    Full details https://sachess.org.au/event/november-allegro-1-2022/

And then on Sunday the 13th we have the November Booster.
    Full details https://sachess.org.au/event/november-booster-2022/

CC International Master
    Last nights Novermber Allegro #1 was won but Aaron Perkins with Ayman Almutawa second.

The SA seniors championship also started with Edgar Mdinaradze and Colin Cloudsdale being the top two seeds and they both won their first two games.
    A reminder to the participants, if something happens that means you cannot play next Thurday's round 3 and 4 please let me know as soon as possible.

Sunday is the November Booster
    When: 1:30pm, Sunday the 13th of November 2022
    Venue: The Chess Centre of South Australia,
    10 Ranelagh Street, Adelaide.
    Entry Fee: $15 Adults, Junior/Concession $10
    Format: 5 Rounds, Swiss System
    Time Control: Fischer – 15 Minutes + 2 Seconds per move

Please get there well before 1:30pm so we can start on time or very close to on time.

CC International Master
    It was announced at Pennant tonight that former SACA Patron Richard Thorne had passed away at the end of last week. Richard Thorne had a long association with Prince Alfred College, one major chess playing schools in Adelaide, as coach. Outside of chess he was a successful businessman and Mayor of the City of Unley.

Thread Information