Hybrid View

CC Grandmaster

SA Chess Results

Alex Saint is doing an excellent job of updating the Saca Website. There are results of the SA Championship and Candidates, won by Zaric and Takos respectively. The results of the first two rounds of the interclub are also up and will be updated weekly. Chapman is playing board 1 for the Grasshopers team while Trevor Tao will playing board 1 occassionally for an Adelaide Uni Team. I believe he will be playing Zaric tonight.
    I am on 1.5/2, an easy win, and a draw where I missed multiple opportunities to win in the opening, middlegame and endgame. Post the games if you really want to see them, nothing too interesting in them though.
    Scott

CC Grandmaster
    Last night saw Trevor Tao beat Srbo Zaric, just, and Mark Chapman beat Alan Goldsmith. I managed to scrap a draw against Andrew Short after losing a pawn in the opening.

CC Grandmaster

Adelaide Cup Results

The Adelaide Cup was won by Srbo Zaric on 6.5/7 ahead of Justin Freytag on 5.5/7. Ther full results are on the SACA web page
    Scott

CC Grandmaster

Queens Birthday Weekender Results

Srbo Zaric and Justin Freytag shared first prize with 5.5/6 ahead of Phillip Lutley and David Hester on 4 points. 14 players

The interclub competition is continuing with one round to go next week. There are joint leaders with Adelaide Red and Adelaide University's Blackmar-Diemer both on 24. Adelaide University's other team, Winkleman-Riemer is in third place with 22.5. The results should be on the SA website in a few days.

I played board four for the Blackma-Diemer team last night at lost to Michael Peake. I am not on 2/5 after losing the previous game to William Wedding. At least my rating is going to back where it should be, Under 1400.

Scott

CC Grandmaster

INterclub Results

The SACA Interclub season concluded last night with the Adelaide Red team of Bob Cowley, Bill Kerr, David Hester and Adam Takos winning by half a point. This victory was clinched with a 3-1 win over the Adelaide University team Winkleman-Riemer. This win included Bob Cowley's first ever win over Trevor Tao. The other Adelaide Uni team, Blackmar-Diemer that went to the final round tied with Adelaide Red could only manage 2.5 points against the bottom placed West Torrens team. The A grade best performed prize was jointly won by Bill Kerr and David Hester who both scored 8/9. The B grade competition was equally tight with the Chess Kids team winning by 1/2 point.

This was a excellent competition and seems to becoming, along with the University Open, one the best competitions in SA.

The next tournaments in SA are the University Open, the SA Junior Championships and the City of Adelaide, all in July.

Scott

CC Grandmaster
    The Sa Juniors were played last Thursay and Friday and the following titles where awarded

Under 18 - Tristan Stevens
    Under 16 - Anthony Khoo
    Under 15 - Surabhi Heitman
    Under 14 - Syam Heitman and Shane Selvanderan
    Under 13 - Christopher Hender
    Under 12 - Sophie Eustace

James Obst did not take part, but most of the other top juniors did play.

The City of Adelaide has started with the top seeds being Srbo Zaric, Bob Cowley and Bill Kerr.

Scott

Thread Information