Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43

Thread: What the.....?

  1. #1
    CC resident nutcase Trent Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Picton, The Dilly, NSW
    Posts
    2,936

    What the.....?

    148 people on the bb at one time???? how can this be???? Is it possible to get a list of names??? lol
    GO THE DRAGONS!
    GO Western Sydney Wanderers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski's signature
    God exists. Short and to the point.
    This is the reason I do not wade into religion threads.

  2. #2
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    40,353
    It's a glitch generated by automated web crawlers trawling the site. The admins can explain it better.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

    ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

    My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

  3. #3
    Account Permanently Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,680

    Can't wait; must shout, now.

    Reading the shoutbox in recent days has become a bit of a chore.

    First there was an interchange between noidea and a/c that should have been moved by an admin to a place more appropriate.

    Second, we now have seen posters such as Bill and TCN dropping opinions and questions that deserve more attention than one-liners in the shoutbox.

    What is happening to the expertise posters used to have to explore a topic in the correct forums? Are MODS asleep at the wheel? Bill, TCN and others,...pick up your game.

    Third, even Karthick is prone to over-use the facility and drop provocative accusations.

    It might seem like a good way for you guys to have your say and expect no considered response.....but sure is making a mess of the shoutbox functionality. And worse, it is drying up the debates on matters of current interest.


    starter
    Last edited by ursogr8; 28-02-2005 at 08:50 AM.

  4. #4
    CC Grandmaster arosar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,047
    jenni's just been quoted in the other bb. This is so weird. It's like, I dunno, a cross conversation or something.

    I'm going to join that other BB and conduct a social experiment.

    AR

  5. #5
    chmod -x /bin/chmod
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,193
    Quote Originally Posted by starter
    Reading the shoutbox in recent days has become a bit of a chore.

    First there was an interchange between noidea and a/c that should have been moved by an admin to a place more appropriate.

    Second, we now have seen posters such as Bill and TCN dropping opinions and questions that deserve more attention than one-liners in the shoutbox.

    What is happening to the expertise posters used to have to explore a topic in the correct forums? Are MODS asleep at the wheel? Bill, TCN and others,...pick up your game.

    Third, even Karthick is prone to over-use the facility and drop provocative accusations.

    It might seem like a good way for you guys to have your say and expect no considered response.....but sure is making a mess of the shoutbox functionality. And worse, it is drying up the debates on matters of current interest.


    starter
    You only reply when the situation is convenient to you, ya?

  6. #6
    CC Grandmaster arosar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,047
    FMD!! That dumb ass Matt Sweeney won't let me register.

    AR

  7. #7
    Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The multiverse
    Posts
    21,575
    Quote Originally Posted by arosar
    FMD!! That dumb ass Matt Sweeney won't let me register.
    I thought Matt would be applying the Groucho Marx criterion for membership.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

  8. #8
    Account Permanently Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,680
    Quote Originally Posted by skip to my lou
    You only reply when the situation is convenient to you, ya?
    Good morning Karthick

    You will have to be clearer.

    I was not replying to any post...I was starting a new issue; hence I don't understand by what you mean by "You only reply".

    Which "situation" were you referring to? The misuse of the SHOUTBOX by experienced posters?

    regards
    starter

  9. #9
    CC International Master JGB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,120
    Starter: This shoutbox fiasco must be messing with your metrics a great deal I presume. The punters clubs is up in arms im sure!

  10. #10
    Illuminati Bill Gletsos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    17,058
    Quote Originally Posted by starter
    Reading the shoutbox in recent days has become a bit of a chore.

    First there was an interchange between noidea and a/c that should have been moved by an admin to a place more appropriate.

    Second, we now have seen posters such as Bill and TCN dropping opinions and questions that deserve more attention than one-liners in the shoutbox.

    What is happening to the expertise posters used to have to explore a topic in the correct forums? Are MODS asleep at the wheel? Bill, TCN and others,...pick up your game.

    Third, even Karthick is prone to over-use the facility and drop provocative accusations.

    It might seem like a good way for you guys to have your say and expect no considered response.....but sure is making a mess of the shoutbox functionality. And worse, it is drying up the debates on matters of current interest.
    This last comment is rich coming from you considering you decided to start your tipping of the Box Hill Autumn event on Matt's BB. If you were so concerned about debates drying up you should have started it here. In fact when DoroPhil questioned you about it, you implied he could only participate in it by going to Matt's board.

    As for my use of the shoutbox about Raymond, I did that because given Matt's reliablility with regards facts, I didnt want to start a whole thread on what was in my opinion total rubbish especially since it did not match with information Sonia had given me at Mt. Buller.

    Jenni's comments in the shoutbox just shows how unreliable Matt information was.

    As for you referring on matt's board to Matt' news as breaking news and criticising people for commenting on it here and calling this board chess_copycat.com is just stupid.
    All current evidence shows his so called news wasnt factual.

    We comment on this board based on information from twic, FIDE and chessbase websites therefore your suggesting we should have to post on Matt's board is rubbish.
    Last edited by Bill Gletsos; 28-02-2005 at 10:31 AM.

  11. #11
    Account Suspended jenni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    2,701
    Quote Originally Posted by arosar
    jenni's just been quoted in the other bb. This is so weird. It's like, I dunno, a cross conversation or something.

    I'm going to join that other BB and conduct a social experiment.

    AR
    Ooh really - I'll have to go and have a look. It was so alow the last time I went there that I gave up in disgust.

  12. #12
    Account Permanently Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos
    This last comment is rich coming from you considering you decided to start your tipping of the Box Hill Autumn event on Matt's BB. If you were so concerned about debates drying up you should have started it here.
    Bill

    Not like you to be loose with the historical events my friend. Have a look at the thread next time you are over there and you will see that fg7 started the tipping question and I have helped it grow by keeping the metrics.

    Hard to feel welcome here with K. and TCN wielding threats about thread discipline and yet they among the worst offenders of SHOUTBOX mis-use.

    starter

    ps
    Any idea who Sir Tittsoff is on the other bb?

  13. #13
    CC Grandmaster arosar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,047
    You think it's funny that we got a thread almost dedicated to talking about the other mob?

    Anyway, I've like created 4 accounts already cos each time I can't get my log-in. That site is friggin hopeless.

    AR

  14. #14
    Account Permanently Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,680
    Quote Originally Posted by JGB
    Starter: This shoutbox fiasco must be messing with your metrics a great deal I presume. The punters clubs is up in arms im sure!
    JGB

    My highly respected new friend.

    How about you move all of that noidea-A/C stuff, and all of the UCJ stuff and all of the Raymond stuff to appropriate threads, not its current SHOUTBOX location. You have the power mate...not me.

    Otherwise, I will PM gg'' and tell him to get back into action as thread-police.
    The SHOUTBOX is a mess.

    regards
    starter

  15. #15
    Account Permanently Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Cox
    I thought Matt would be applying the Groucho Marx criterion for membership.
    Could be.
    Or could be one of the switches in the background, left in ON condition...check IQ function for example.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •