Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    256

    Toukley Open - Early March 2007

    So what happens (weekender-wise) after the Newcastle Open - why the Toukley Open of course

    http://www.whiteknights.centralcoast...007_Advert.htm

  2. #2
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    256
    Gary Lane is an Entry
    Gary Losh also
    Trent Parker
    Ivan Kodzoman
    Paul Broekhuyse


    (I'll add / edit this list as I find out)
    Last edited by Trent Parker; 09-03-2007 at 02:39 AM.

  3. #3
    CC resident nutcase Trent Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Picton, The Dilly, NSW
    Posts
    2,934
    I'm a 75% chance of playing Toukley
    15% chance of staying home
    10% chance of going to ballarat if i can find a lift
    GO THE DRAGONS!
    GO Western Sydney Wanderers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski's signature
    God exists. Short and to the point.
    This is the reason I do not wade into religion threads.

  4. #4
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by TCN
    I'm a 75% chance of playing Toukley
    15% chance of staying home
    10% chance of going to ballarat if i can find a lift
    that's some finely calculated outcomes there Trent - good luck in whatever it turns out to be

  5. #5
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by themovingman
    Gary Lane is an Entry
    Gary Losh also
    Ivan Kodzoman also



    (I'll add / edit this list as I find out - how do I edit my post rather than add a new post ? )

  6. #6
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    234
    ... and me. Seriously folks, this is a great tournament in a picturesque spot, so please consider
    cheers - paulb

  7. #7
    CC resident nutcase Trent Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Picton, The Dilly, NSW
    Posts
    2,934
    Quote Originally Posted by themovingman
    Ivan Kodzoman also



    (I'll add / edit this list as I find out - how do I edit my post rather than add a new post ? )
    I think it is something like after 24 hours you cannot edit your post. So you might just like to ask a friendly moderator
    GO THE DRAGONS!
    GO Western Sydney Wanderers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski's signature
    God exists. Short and to the point.
    This is the reason I do not wade into religion threads.

  8. #8
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by TCN
    I think it is something like after 24 hours you cannot edit your post. So you might just like to ask a friendly moderator

    aah thank you trent - yeah, I eventually came to that conclusion - but its fine the way it is


    ta for the confirmation tho - umm have those odds for you coming improved at all - I've heard that Ballarat has one big drawback - it's in Victoria ( Vic guys are quite at liberty to say the reverse, of course).

  9. #9
    CC resident nutcase Trent Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Picton, The Dilly, NSW
    Posts
    2,934
    Quote Originally Posted by themovingman
    aah thank you trent - yeah, I eventually came to that conclusion - but its fine the way it is


    ta for the confirmation tho - umm have those odds for you coming improved at all - I've heard that Ballarat has one big drawback - it's in Victoria ( Vic guys are quite at liberty to say the reverse, of course).
    Chances of going to Ballarat 0%, chances of staying home: 0.01% chances of going to toukley: 99.99%
    GO THE DRAGONS!
    GO Western Sydney Wanderers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski's signature
    God exists. Short and to the point.
    This is the reason I do not wade into religion threads.

  10. #10
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    234
    Gary Lane won with a perfect score. I was second on 5.5/7. Nice tournament but very poor turnout and few high-rated players. Much speculation as to why ... I suspect the City of Sydney may have left some players chessed-out
    cheers - paulb

  11. #11
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    256
    DOP's report (such as it is) is available via the nswca website http://nswca.org.au/

  12. #12
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    205
    was Keith snoring during round 3 ?

  13. #13
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo
    was Keith snoring during round 3 ?
    that may be on of the updates that hopefully will pop-up in the very near future - let us hope so, one could wonder if he slept thru more than a round or 2, there apparently was 2 perhaps 3 mobile phone issues during the tournament - only one of which he caught (in round 7 [one of the many Alex's]).
    Last edited by themovingman; 13-03-2007 at 06:40 AM.

  14. #14
    CC resident nutcase Trent Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Picton, The Dilly, NSW
    Posts
    2,934
    My report will be up either tomorrow morning or arvo. Also a Chess - Poker story
    GO THE DRAGONS!
    GO Western Sydney Wanderers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski's signature
    God exists. Short and to the point.
    This is the reason I do not wade into religion threads.

  15. #15
    Illuminati Bill Gletsos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    16,546
    Code:
    No Name              Loc  Total  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
    
    1  Lane, Gary W      2452 7      5:W 16:W  3:W  6:W  2:W  9:W 12:W
    2  Broekhuyse, Paul  2135 5.5   19:D 11:W 10:W  9:W  1:L  4:W  6:W
    3  Eccles, Richard   1611 4.5   14:W 17:W  1:L  4:D 10:W  6:D  5:D
    4  Ryan, Ben         1448 4.5    6:L 20:W  8:W  3:D 16:W  2:L  9:W
    5  Parker, Trent     1483 4.5    1:L 12:W 17:W 10:L  8:W 16:W  3:D
    6  Phillips, Andrew  1717 4      4:W  9:D  7:W  1:L 13:W  3:D  2:L
    7  Losh, Gary        1438 4     18:W 10:D  6:L 11:W  9:L 12:D 16:W
    8  Buciu, Aurel-John 1485 4     17:L 14:W  4:L 19:W  5:L 18:W 13:W
    9  Tubic, Luka       1486 3.5   20:W  6:D 18:W  2:L  7:W  1:L  4:L
    10 Barnes, Stephen   1653 3.5   15:W  7:D  2:L  5:W  3:L 13:D 11:D
    11 Egan, Bill        1530 3.5   13:D  2:L 14:D  7:L 15:W 19:W 10:D
    12 Mehan, Alex       1390 3.5   16:L  5:L 20:W 18:W 14:W  7:D  1:L
    13 Deacon, Graeme    1403 3     11:D 19:D 15:W 16:D  6:L 10:D  8:L
    14 Weltner, Michael  1422 3      3:L  8:L 11:D 17:W 12:L 20:W 18:D
    15 Smit, George      1429 3     10:L 18:L 13:L 20:W 11:L 17:W 19:W
    16 Frias, Joe        1507 2.5   12:W  1:L 19:W 13:D  4:L  5:L  7:L
    17 Buciu, Alex       833  2.5    8:W  3:L  5:L 14:L 18:D 15:L 20:W
    18 Liuga, Victor     1676 2      7:L 15:W  9:L 12:L 17:D  8:L 14:D
    19 Ivanovic, Radisav 1449 2      2:D 13:D 16:L  8:L 20:W 11:L 15:L
    20 Momot, Alex       848  0      9:L  4:L 12:L 15:L 19:L 14:L 17:L
    Last edited by Bill Gletsos; 14-03-2007 at 05:25 PM.
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Bangkok Chess Open 2007
    By Prince of Troy in forum Overseas Tournament News and Results
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 23-04-2007, 05:09 PM
  2. 41st Ballarat Begonia Open March 10 - 12 2007
    By eclectic in forum Completed Tournaments
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 26-03-2007, 09:29 AM
  3. City of Sydney Chess Championships 2007
    By brett in forum Completed Tournaments
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-03-2007, 05:00 PM
  4. Tournaments for March 2007 ACF Ratings
    By Bill Gletsos in forum Ratings Arena
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-03-2007, 02:09 PM
  5. NSW OPEN Championship
    By brett in forum Completed Tournaments
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 13-06-2006, 02:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •