Dear Chess friends
I, hereby, would like to notify you all about my decision to withdraw from all my games of this CC tournament.
The reasons are:
1) From where I post I do not have a proper Chess board to analyse my positions so I have to rely on the interactive board on which you cannot move pieces and reconstruct positions.
2) I still have not fully recovered from the back injuries I suffered since a fall last week. I am getting better though.
3) I currently am involved in a heavy scheduled training and playing OTB Chess ie
3a. Tournament games at BHCC on Tuesdays and Fridays
3b. Following GM Darryl Johansen's lectures every second Sunday at BHCC.
3c. Getting intensive training by FM Michael Baron on a weekly basis.
It is not that I am underestimating CC or that I give it less importance than all those other Chess activities I have just mentioned. On the contrary, I have found it very challenging and very hard to tackle. Further continuation of my playing in this tournament would only deprive it of the standard and interest it really deserves.
It was a great pleasure playing with you and thank you all for your understanding and consideration.
I hope you understand my position and justify my decision to withdraw from the tournament.
Kind regards
Elliott D. Renzies