Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    Behold the face of art. Look on in awe and wonderment.

Best shocker I've seen in a while.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    By the way, I almost never play 1.d4.

CC Grandmaster
    Kevin, that's almost a work of art.

Howard's is also a good 'un. Reminds me of the first win I ever had over an adult (he was Woden Chess Club champion at the time). It was one of those knight delivered mates against a self-smothered king. I didn't even know that I had won - my opponent (or maybe it was a bystander) had to point out that it was mate.

Quote Originally Posted by pax
    Kevin, that's almost a work of art.

Howard's is also a good 'un. Reminds me of the first win I ever had over an adult (he was Woden Chess Club champion at the time). It was one of those knight delivered mates against a self-smothered king. I didn't even know that I had won - my opponent (or maybe it was a bystander) had to point out that it was mate.
    It is true, and I periodically consider it, that sometimes the threads tend 'to be about Howard'. I don't mean it and I try and watch out for this trait. I had second thoughts after I posted last night because I didn't want to detract from the sheer brilliance of Kevin's self-mate or James' methodical and industrious approach to self-extinction. Both most worthy achievements.

The reason I keep coming back to my game is that apart from having no time pressure whatsoever, the player of the black pieces has neither displayed the slightest aptitude for the game, nor the remotest sense of danger, and much less the presence of any mitigating factors whatsoever. Truly the most botched and contrived collection of boobs that ever had the misfortune of being referred to broadly as a game of chess.

I hope the casual viewer is fully appreciative of the fact the the queen is terminally placed while surrounded by her full honour guard.
    There is no cure for leftism. Its infestation of the host mostly diminishes with age except in the most rabid of specimens.

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    Behold the face of art. Look on in awe and wonderment.
    I have been warned that being up pawns in a Queen ending can get you mated, via trapping of your own king. This is a new variation on that theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangafranga
    I have been warned that being up pawns in a Queen ending can get you mated, via trapping of your own king. This is a new variation on that theme.
    It's as though the obstructing pawns were given a "soft promotion" to queens in situ instead of waiting until the result of their "racing" to the opposite end had been published.

CC International Master
    Aha, Kevin's Queens were just really big pawns!

CC Rookie
    Hey all,

I was playing Junta Ikeda in 2002 in a junior tournament when he was rated 639 and I was 1207. A win would have gotten me equal second in the tournament and so me being nearly 600 rating points higher than my opponent, that is what I was after. After being in a worse position, Junta attacked my queen with his knight and offered me a draw. I only had one square to move my queen so I spent a lot of time analysing what I could do after that and whether I should accept the draw or not. i thought that I could still play for the win and so I preceeded to decline the draw offer and move the piece that I had spent so long analysing. Unfortunately for me, that was not the piece that I was suppposed to move first. I left my Queen under attack!! He took my queen and I resigned straight away. So his draw offer was what killed me. I would have moved my queen straight away otherwise. Oh well. Because it is Junta I dont care so much and I actually find it quite funny.

CC Grandmaster
    Here are three blunder in one tournament (round 1, 4 and 5):Event: Australian Masters

Round: 1
    White: Goldenberg, Igor
    Black: Johansen, Darryl
    Result: 0-1
    FEN Viewer

Black is slightly better, but it's close to the draw. Black, however, played 62... Qe2?
    63. Qd4+?? (63.Qg5+ simply wins a piece) 63... f6 (for some reason I expected king to move) 64. Qd7+ Kh6 0-1

Round: 4
    White: Goldenberg, Igor
    Black: Sales, Jesse
    Result: 0-1
    FEN Viewer

White should give perpertual and force a draw 33. Nf8+ Kg8 34. Nxe6+ Kh7 and now 35.
    Nd4? (wanting to continue playing and expecting to win a bishop, but overlooking
    very simple 35... Rg2+

Round: 5
    White: Xie, George
    Black: Goldenberg, Igor
    Result: 1-0
    FEN Viewer

At that point I calculated a simple 38... Qh1+ 39. Ke2 Bg4+ 40. Kd2 Nf3+ 41.
    Rxf3 Qxe1+ 42. Kxe1 Bxf3 -+ which would cause an immediate resignation. After
    double checking and repeating the variant (queen check, then bishop check) I took the bishop (and had to play
    38...Bh3+). The postion is still a comfortable win for black, but I managed to lose it in the end.

BTW, I missed IM norm by one point in that tournament.
    For private coaching (IM, four times VIC champion) call or SMS 0417519733
    Computer tells you what to play. Good coach explains why.

Quote Originally Posted by Igor_Goldenberg
    Here are three blunder in one tournament...

BTW, I missed IM norm by one point in that tournament.
    Fantastic Igor. Thanks for playing ... and sharing

And of commiserations, of course.
    There is no cure for leftism. Its infestation of the host mostly diminishes with age except in the most rabid of specimens.

CC International Master
    I once featured prominently in an article about short loses (I was only on the losing side.) So I feel I've paid my debt in publicity over my blunders, otherwise I could post a whole lot.

I once featured prominently in an article about short loses (I was only on the losing side.) So I feel I've paid my debt in publicity over my blunders, otherwise I could post a whole lot.
    Pick a couple of beauties. It's good for the soul. And what an appreciative audience we promise to be.

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner Duggan
    Pick a couple of beauties. It's good for the soul. And what an appreciative audience we promise to be.
    It's only kinky the first time.

It's only kinky the first time.
    Absolutely! So knickers off. Into the depths and bare all.

CC International Master
    How about I opt for this:
    And this:
    So knickers off. Into the depths and bare all.
    But for this:
    And what an appreciative audience we promise to be.
    You can use the internet to find a wide selection that will meet your needs, no need for me to be the provider.

Thread Information