Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ACCF Gems

ACCF Gems

firegoat7
    (1/10/06 19:42)
    Reply Re: Does ******** effect CC?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lets face facts.

There is no plurality of opinion over there
    There is one opinion.
    What people really need to learn is that opinions can be negative and positive, and be equally affective for change.
    Steve is right, the basic principle ought to be one that encourages freedom of expression within the boundaries of agreed community consensus.
    When overlords offer you no vote, with no process of democratic challenge to their power we get dictatorship.
    When the general community decide to exercise their democratic right and decide as a group, we get, slower but fairer decisions.

cheers Fg7

Why does Frostie post over there and not here. He has requested software to protect his cocoon so that he can't see certain topics. Talk about not facing up to life.

Kb, you are correct re number of gems to bring over. I could only find two.

some refugees from Amiel's blog

Anonymous said...
    I wish Matt all the very best with the new site. It would be really funny if Matt's site became the real chess chat place for Australian chess players and that the site (Chess Chat) that has given him such a hard time collapses due to inactivity. Chess Chat has already shown signs of serious inertia over the last few weeks. The mods have stifled all dissent and the chat there is now as bland as could be.

8:46 PM, July 25, 2006

Anonymous said...
    That Howard Duggan guy at the other forum is a real pain. I'll bookmark this new location as my primary point of call. I just hope that Howard guy stays away.

8:50 PM, July 25, 2006

Anonymous said...
    I bet that last post actually was Howard Duggan lol It's true though, he can be rather annoying, more annoying though is that Arrogant One person who really needs his head read. The big egos on that board are getting pretty stifling.

PS There's some annoying guy called "arosar" on the bulletin board, does anyone know who that is? I tell you what, I'd really like to give that fellow a piece of my mind...

10:38 AM, July 26, 2006

Kevin Bonham said...
    Re chesschat: "The mods have stifled all dissent and the chat there is now as bland as could be." Total rubbish - for instance Belthasar's whinging has resulted in no mod action. Sounds like someone finds it offensive if people talk about chess!

Matt's new forum seems to be a better attempt than UCJ so far in many respects, but I expect it will still fail, based on the cumbersome membership procedure and Matt's inability to stick at tasks.

Also while the site requires posters to agree to be civil to each other, it does not require the same of posters towards outsiders. On that basis I wonder how long Matt can restrain himself from using the site for his usual rants at the NSWCA.

Matt is also wrong in assuming that those administrators whose public output often consists of hosing down invalid, trollish and intemperate attacks on aspects of the status quo, are therefore supporters of the status quo overall.

12:22 PM, July 26, 2006

Anonymous said...
    Sweeney's attempts to improve Australian chess are laughable and hypocritical.

Matthew, if you are reading this here are two ways you can improve Aussie chess.

1) When you run a chess tournament pay out the advertised prize. It is dishonest to advertise your Wollongong tournament as having a guaranteed prize of $500 and then only pay out $150 for first prize.

2) Stop persecuting the hard working oficials of the NSWCA, all of whom have contributed far more to Australian chess than you have.

7:00 PM, July 27, 2006
    Last edited by antichrist; 30-12-2006 at 04:23 PM.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    Why does Frostie post over there and not here.
    He has been posting here a little bit.

I note your last lot of "gems" aren't from ACCF but from TCG.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    He has been posting here a little bit.

I note your last lot of "gems" aren't from ACCF but from TCG.
    There was only one gem from ACCF the rest are only bore-agrams. If matt is not in full flight he certainly becomes boring.

Why does Frostie post over there and not here. He has requested software to protect his cocoon so that he can't see certain topics. Talk about not facing up to life.
    I post here now only when it suits me ... most of the time it doesn't ... and Kevin is correct in pointing out that I have posted a few times recently, particularly in November, in order to correct some bad information about the CV AGM which was held at Croydon.

The "software" reference above probably refers to my request on ACCF to be able to hide the non-chess forums. I am no longer interested in discussing religion. politics, etc, with chess players ... I post occasionally on CC and ACCF on chess-related topics only nowadays, and usually only where it directly concerns Croydon Chess (although the Matthew Sweeney non-renewal of membership was a notable exception).

Most of the information I now get about chess in Australia, I get through:
    - email newsletters (seem to be generally free of foul language and other assorted crap)
    - phone and face-to-face conversations with other administrators

Funnily enough, that seems to be sufficient for me to get my job done as Croydon Chess president. As for "not facing up to life" or living in some kind of cocoon ... ... dream on big fella! ... but I do so miss crossing swords with you ... it used to provide me with hours of entertainment.
    “As you perhaps know, I haven't always been a Christian. I didn't go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don't recommend Christianity.” -- C.S.Lewis

Account Permanently Banned firegoat7's Avatar
    Matt may have been the subject of a ban of his attending Aust Open by NSWCA officials? etc etc

Now AC, U forgot the disclaimer

Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    Not authorised for publication elsewhere (other than this ACCF bb) without seeking permission from the author.
    But I am sure u asked his permission eh

cheers Fg7

Every time fg7 calls me a dog over on Matt's bulletin board it just shows what a complete sham Matt's claim is that his bb is a place of exemplary manners.

Now with Arrogant-One doing the same thing and starter (as a moderator on the board) doing absolutely nothing about it, then it just goes to show that starter has no credibility when it comes to his views on name calling and moderation.

In fact Matthew's facade of politeness on his board is clearly shown to be just that by comparing it to his language on Ameil's blog towards anyone who disagrees with him.
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.
    Mos Eisley spaceport The toolbox. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Account Permanently Banned Axiom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos
    Every time fg7 calls me a dog over on Matt's bulletin board it just shows what a complete sham Matt's claim is that his bb is a place of exemplary manners.

Now with Arrogant-One doing the same thing and starter (as a moderator on the board) doing absolutely nothing about it, then it just goes to show that starter has no credibility when it comes to his views on name calling and moderation.

In fact Matthew's facade of politeness on his board is clearly shown to be just that by comparing it to his language on Ameil's blog towards anyone who disagrees with him.
    from a logical, dare i say it, axiomatic ,point of view, this is difficult to disagree with.

here's an offensive four letter word concerning this ongoing matter ...

YAWN

Account Permanently Banned Axiom's Avatar

Sleep Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Skaro
    YAWN
    good men yawn,whilst evil persists

Account Permanently Banned firegoat7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbot
    Ahhh stop your belling aching. I will call you a dog over here as well, just to keep you happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbot
    Who cares. There not your boards and its none of your business. People are allowed to use whatever language is deemed tenable by the community in which they are expressed. If you have a problem with that you need to join that community and argue your point from within it, not from the outside.

cheers Fg7

Quote Originally Posted by firegoat7
    Now AC, U forgot the disclaimer

But I am sure u asked his permission eh

cheers Fg7
    Hi STarter,
    you are going to have to post here to pin me down - Happy Jack - I saw you

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Moderation Notice

AC, your last cut and paste job (which I have deleted) included several quotes from an ACCF poster called DuMaurierXXX. That is the same person as Arrogant-One who is permanently banned from this board so please do not quote this person.

My impression is that you are quoting ACCF posts not because you consider them to be "gems" in any valid or even sarcastic sense but simply to drag contentious discussion over here for the sake of starting fights.

If this continues this thread will be locked, and similar standards will be applied to other posters who are dragging material for this apparent purpose.

Kevin Bonham
    Moderator, Chesschat

Ahhh stop your belling aching. I will call you a dog over here as well, just to keep you happy.
    Knock yourself out. I'm just highlighting Matt's claims regarding exemplary politeness dont lve up to the actuality of the situation.
    Who cares. There not your boards and its none of your business. People are allowed to use whatever language is deemed tenable by the community in which they are expressed. If you have a problem with that you need to join that community and argue your point from within it, not from the outside.
    I can highlight Matt's facacde when and where I choose as you dont get to dictate where I choose to post.
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.
    Mos Eisley spaceport The toolbox. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Thread Information