Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar

Philippines chess etc

I've temporarily deleted the Philippines chess thread because of possible copyright issues. AR - as I understand it the copyright owner isn't only entitled to sue over the cost of one copy, he/they are also entitled to sue over potential loss of profits from selling many copies. I imagine the SMH could run some kind of argument that hundreds of chessplayers who would have bought the SMH for the chess column now might not bother, etc etc etc.

I don't know who owns the copyright, whether it's the paper or Ian. If it's Ian and he says its OK to post it here I'll undelete it. I assume there's some arrangement in place with auschess.org.au for columns to be archived there, possibly a week or two after publication.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

Well that's just ridiculous, ain't it? Put it back or I get upset with you for all eternity. I'll edit the bloody thing.

That uncle Barry is just being a worry-wart.

AR

Actually, I'm off to lunchage. So can you put it back after 3PM?

AR

Quote Originally Posted by arosar
    Put it back or I get upset with you for all eternity.

Why don't you just repost a summary? Or have you lost the original?
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

I didn't keep a copy man...and I can't be bothered writing all that up again. And if I go into f2 it'll cost me another buck 65.

AR

I'll PM you back the original then.

Because these racist bas.tards are too dumb to have simply deleted the offending post rather than deleting the entire thread - I've completely lost hope. But here is Ang's column today. It features quick profiles of two SE Asian young stars.

http://www.bworld.com.ph/current/A&L/ang.html

AR

Because these racist bas.tards are too dumb
    Does this quote mean that you are calling Kevin Bonham a racist, or are you calling the whole acf racist?

Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    Does this quote mean that you are calling Kevin Bonham a racist, or are you calling the whole acf racist?
    FMD! You're like a little puffer fish who grab me lure instead of me catching a big fish. You're a bloody steaky-beak. Would you start you're own friggin' QLD business and stay out of Mexican and NSW and Filipino business?

AR

FMD! You're like a little puffer fish who grab me lure instead of me catching a big fish. You're a bloody steaky-beak. Would you start you're own friggin' QLD business and stay out of Mexican and NSW and Filipino business?

AR
    nice to see you answered the question, why dont you answer my question first and then ill answer yours. Anyway this is an australian wide bb, so i can post anywhere.

I believe copyright laws are for the whole country, not just one state. idiot

[vulgar content deleted] If these two dudes were so concerned about one post then edit that post instead of deleting the whole thing. FMD!

AR
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 16-04-2004 at 12:23 PM.

[vulgar content deleted] If these two dudes were so concerned about one post then edit that post instead of deleting the whole thing. FMD!

AR
    Aggresive little twerp arent we.
    I guess its fortunate you are not built like firegoat or Matt or we might witness more altercations at tournaments.
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 16-04-2004 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos
    Aggresive little twerp arent we.
    I guess its fortunate you are not built like firegoat or Matt or we might witness more altercations at tournaments.
    hence why im not going to be in the same state as him when he goes to the vic open

Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    hence why im not going to be in the same state as him when he goes to the vic open
    Oh you like me! C'mon admit it . . .

AR

Because these racist bas.tards are too dumb to have simply deleted the offending post rather than deleting the entire thread - I've completely lost hope.
    No AR, in this instance the dumb one is you. Deleting the post that starts the thread automatically deletes the whole thread. I could have edited it instead but this would have made recovery more difficult if we later decided to release it. That is why the whole thread disappeared. Apologies for not explaining this but I had no idea its disappearance would spark such an outburst.

As for "racist", it's been suggested we should give you some time in the sinbin for that one, but I personally think having the stupidity of your unfounded accusation on public display should be punishment enough.

Thread Information