Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    CC Candidate Master

It is time to return to GOD!!

North Korea nuclear test – a potential threat!

World global warming - an unstoppable threat!

Science cannot save the world, in face, Science encourage young people go to party! (?)

But God can save the world! It is time to return to GOD through our Lord Jesus Christ

Surely you jest.

Quote Originally Posted by George Xie
    I take issue with this statement.
    "the other lefty"

Account Permanently Banned firegoat7's Avatar
    It is time to return to GOD through our Lord Jesus Christ
    Hey man,

Jesus may have died for your sins, but I most certainly did not ask him to die for mine! In fact since I was not even born when he did die, I therefore find the contract null and void.

cheers Fg7

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Science encourage young people go to party! (?)
    As a scientist I concur with this statement!

But God can save the world! It is time to return to GOD through our Lord Jesus Christ
    Thankfully I was never with him in the first place.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

CC Grandmaster
    North Korea nuclear test – a potential threat!

Science cannot save the world, in face, Science encourage young people go to party! (?)

George, for a lot of people on this Board Jesus is not the GOD! Besides what is wrong with partying? People who party are not necessarily irrisponsible and not cable of contributing to our society. Everything is OK within the acceptable limitis

I am looking forward to the AC's response to this thread .

May I just say that George has only the best intentions. He is quite serious about his beliefs and that's all OK. I once saw him actually thank God in one of his acceptance speeches after winning another tournament.

AR

CC FIDE Master

dear Mr Xie

An open letter to Mr Xie
    We, of the Australian atheist's union, seek to live in harmony with our theistic neighbours of all faiths. We ask that their self-appointed representative George Xie, a talented chess player, follow a certain code of conduct:

1. Not impose your religion onto parliament with a Lord's prayer.
    2. Not impose your religion onto our kids by putting chaplains into GOVERNMENT schools.
    3. Actually come up with sort of argument about Jesus and God that MAKES SENSE.
    4. Accept that in the absence of [3] that we, as the atheist union, have the right and duty to describe your argument in any one of a number of pejorative terms: stupid, silly, mindless, baseless, pointless, irrevelant, vacuous, inane, brainless or pathetic.

Yours sincerely
    Andrew Thornton
    honoury secretary of the Atheist's Union.

p.s A 5th clause has just been voted upon and passed by the Intergalactic Atheist Council: we as atheists demand the right to refuse to participate in any wars that are motivated or justified by religion or its dogma. We acknowledge that becuase the vast majority of wars are religious in some form, or given religious support by their leaders, that this makes us atheists into pacificists by default. Peace man . Peace. Goodwill to all mankind,

Last edited by qpawn; 31-10-2006 at 09:15 PM.

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron
    People who party are not necessarily irrisponsible and not cable of contributing to our society. Everything is OK within the acceptable limitis

I am looking forward to the AC's response to this thread .

Party is fun, enjoyable and many more, nothing wrong with it, in past 50 years people like to party in every weekender, new year etc, recently it has develop to party everyday (and every night). But I think we should party in the right time! We don’t party during the difficulties;

Paddington, in between Sydney city and Bondi Beach
    What is your perspective on evolution, George?

CC International Master Goughfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qpawn
    An open letter to Mr Xie
    We, of the Australian atheist's union, seek to live in harmony with our theistic neighbours of all faiths. We ask that their self-appointed representative George Xie, a talented chess player, follow a certain code of conduct:

1. Not impose your religion onto parliament with a Lord's prayer.
    2. Not impose your religion onto our kids by putting chaplains into GOVERNMENT schools.
    3. Actually come up with sort of argument about Jesus and God that MAKES SENSE.
    4. Accept that in the absence of [3] that we, as the atheist union, have the right and duty to describe your argument in any one of a number of pejorative terms: stupid, silly, mindless, baseless, pointless, irrevelant, vacuous, inane, brainless or pathetic.

Yours sincerely
    Andrew Thornton
    honoury secretary of the Atheist's Union.

p.s A 5th clause has just been voted upon and passed by the Intergalactic Atheist Council: we as atheists demand the right to refuse to participate in any wars that are motivated or justified by religion or its dogma. We acknowledge that becuase the vast majority of wars are religious in some form, or given religious support by their leaders, that this makes us atheists into pacificists by default. Peace man . Peace. Goodwill to all mankind,

Well, considering the sheer force of your logic, the clear relevance to the broader concerns of George's post and the clarity with which you have expressed yourself, how could George not become a signatory?
    "People with guns don't understand. That's why they get guns. Too many misunderstandings." - Jerry Seinfeld, The Little Kicks

CC Candidate Master
    When I post this thread I knew I will receive a lot of troubles and questions, but I still post it anyway, why? I guess it was my nature, I don’t want to post it (because no one likes troubles), but there is something inside of me to encouragers me to post it.

CC Candidate Master
    I don’t wish following texts happens in our world:

“But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rush, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God – having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.” (2 Timothy 3:1-5)

CC FIDE Master

hang on

Mr Xie must satisfy clause 3 of my open letter first...or else...

OK George, I'm going to appoint myself now as your PR adviser. I quite like you so I give you this advice. Stop now OK. Forget about that little voice in your head and just listen to me.

AR

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    I don’t wish following texts happens in our world:

“But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rush, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God – having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.” (2 Timothy 3:1-5)
    In other words, business as normal for at least the past 10,000 years.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

Thread Information