Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sheik al-Hilaly

Account Shoutbox Banned antichrist's Avatar

Sheik al-Hilaly

Isn't this guy a champ, saying that females exposing flesh is akin to meat put out for scavengers. God love him.

CC International Master WhiteElephant's Avatar
    AC:

Do you:

a) agree with him
    b) disagree with him but are trying to annoy people
    c) disagree with him and are being sarcastic

a & b are not very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteElephant
    AC:

Do you:

a) agree with him - of course

b) disagree with him but are trying to annoy people - I was subjected to a bit of that thinking when a youngster so I know where is coming from but now an adult I know where I am going to and it certainly ain't dressed from head to toe

c) disagree with him and are being sarcastic - whether he is right or wrong I will always back a stirrer

a & b are not very nice.
    but the flesh is...

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    but the flesh is...
    AC, you crack me up...

But it's quite OK for ugly old sheiks to expose their rancid looking flesh isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Skaro
    But it's quite OK for ugly old sheiks to expose their rancid looking flesh isn't it?
    But I know some white chicks who love the darker-skinned Arabs, like a half-way point without going the full monty with a Negro. The girl's animal instinct really gets turned on, and do the Lebo men lairise(?) who have it! They think they are God's gift to white women.

CC Grandmaster
    The Sheik is an Idiot with no respect for Women. Unfortunately his position is reflective of the attitues of a large segment of the middle-eastern society. Correct me if I am wrong but in some of the Gulf states- Women are not able to cast their votes at state and local elections.

Hopefully, the attitues are going to change over the time. I got a chess-friend (i play with him alot online at a chess server, incidently -he played for Qatar at the 2002 chess ollympiad) and he is as disgusted by these comments as I am. So ya...lets hope for some positive changes.

In Pakistan, a woman cannot lay any charges of rape unless she is able to produce four male witnesses.

Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    The point is that everyone should respect other people's right to choose how they dress. Even if people dress inappropriately for the society in which they find themselves, the consequences of that should not include becoming a victim to crimes of violence. Anyone who rapes anyone, anywhere is a criminal and deserves to be treated as such and their actions cannot be excused, even in part, by the way the victim was dressed.

Al Hilaly's comments are disgraceful and just underlines how out of touch he is with the real world. It also shows he has an inherent disrespect for women which should compromises his credibility as a spiritual leader. I believe the reason for his apology was not due to any heartfelt remorse but other people more worried about the PR of Islam in the west bringing political pressure to bear. He should still resign.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind
    The point is that everyone should respect other people's right to choose how they dress. Even if people dress inappropriately for the society in which they find themselves, the consequences of that should not include becoming a victim to crimes of violence. Anyone who rapes anyone, anywhere is a criminal and deserves to be treated as such and their actions cannot be excused, even in part, by the way the victim was dressed.

Al Hilaly's comments are disgraceful and just underlines how out of touch he is with the real world. It also shows he has an inherent disrespect for women which should compromises his credibility as a spiritual leader. I believe the reason for his apology was not due to any heartfelt remorse but other people more worried about the PR of Islam in the west bringing political pressure to bear. He should still resign.
    Yes, completely agree. But a more interesting question is: what is AC's motive for quoting him and does he agree with him?

CC FIDE Master
    Yes, completely agree. But a more interesting question is: what is AC's motive for quoting him and does he agree with him?
    It is never correct to refer to AC and motive in the same sentence.
    Dyslexics of the world untie

Quote Originally Posted by EGOR
    It is never correct to refer to AC and motive in the same sentence.
    That's why it's interesting....such a mystery....

CC FIDE Master
    That's why it's interesting....such a mystery....
    Dyslexics of the world untie

The guy, sheikh whateverthefu*khisnameis, is scum who is harmful to his religion. He says something then reckons he's been "taken out of context" or "misinterpreted". He must think we're all bloody stupid. Fact is, he's been saying these outrageous remarks for years. And each time, we just let them go. It's now time that these mohameddans clean up their own house and boot this moron out.

I live in Bankstown, Little Beirut, and you see these mohammedan sheilas walking around like bloody ninjas. Now that's their choice and I have no problems with that (though I can't understand how they manage in the Aussie summer). Last thing they need is some leader whose words dictate how other good looking sheilas should dress.

Deport the sheikh.

AR

Wasnt this guy the same fool who went to Iraq to get Douglas Wood out and Andrew Bolt told everyone the shake is a fraud who wouldnt do any good. The shake basically told a whole lot of bullshit and didnt even get close to getting Douglas Wood out from the kidnappers.

Andrew Bolt accused him of just trying to attract publicity for himself.

If I do have the right person, surely Immigration should have denied him re-entry into Australia, I bet they are kicking themselves now

Thread Information