Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1
    Account Permanently Banned PHAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Wollongong
    Posts
    4,254

    Desperate and dateless: NSW Club Teams

    Wollongong club just had two team players pull out. So on Sunday, does anyone want6 to join the remaining two players - Scott Nicholson and Matthew Sweeney. You will have to be anointed as Wollongong club members by phone, ASAP.

  2. #2
    CC International Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Western Sydney
    Posts
    1,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Sweeney
    Wollongong club just had two team players pull out. So on Sunday, does anyone want6 to join the remaining two players - Scott Nicholson and Matthew Sweeney. You will have to be anointed as Wollongong club members by phone, ASAP.
    have u got the 2 people yet dude

    do u need to pay membership fee to be Wollongong member mate

    and being memebers by phone is not really ethical now is it?

    are you rorting the spirit of the comp mate?
    Always do your Best

  3. #3
    Account Permanently Banned PHAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Wollongong
    Posts
    4,254
    Quote Originally Posted by chesslover
    have u got the 2 people yet dude

    do u need to pay membership fee to be Wollongong member mate

    and being memebers by phone is not really ethical now is it?

    are you rorting the spirit of the comp mate?
    no

    no

    yes

    no, the spirit is to have some funn playing rapid chess

    Do you want to be in our team?

  4. #4
    CC Grandmaster Garvinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    13,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Sweeney
    Do you want to be in our team?
    you could get all the ppl you need and more just by asking cl

  5. #5
    CC International Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Western Sydney
    Posts
    1,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Sweeney
    no

    no

    yes

    no, the spirit is to have some funn playing rapid chess

    Do you want to be in our team?
    I had a talk to myself and no we are doing something else

    good luck finding someone mate.

    what about merging with another team??
    Always do your Best

  6. #6
    Account Permanently Banned PHAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Wollongong
    Posts
    4,254
    Quote Originally Posted by chesslover
    I had a talk to myself and no we are doing something else
    For a "chesslover" you don't show much enthusiasm for chess. You will never make IM with that attitude.

  7. #7
    CC International Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Western Sydney
    Posts
    1,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Sweeney
    For a "chesslover" you don't show much enthusiasm for chess. You will never make IM with that attitude.
    OUCH a below the belt shot

    touche
    Always do your Best

  8. #8
    CC Grandmaster arosar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,047
    I already got a pinoy mafiosi team. I'll talk to you at the tourn Matt, we'll see what we can come up with.

    AR

  9. #9
    CC International Master Brian_Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,058

    Barbarians rule!

    Koala has entered two teams but may only have 5 or 6 players rock up on the day. So maybe we can combine teams on Sunday as required!?

  10. #10
    Account Permanently Banned PHAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Wollongong
    Posts
    4,254
    Thanks Amiel and Brian. Cya there.

  11. #11
    CC Grandmaster arosar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,047
    Great tournament! Well done Ralph and CZ. My team enjoyed themselves. Lloyd Fell was a laugh-a-minute as always. His excuse for losing a game was that there were a coupla gorgeous sheilas lined up in front of him and he couldn't concentrate!

    AR

  12. #12
    chmod -x /bin/chmod
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,193
    My dad and brother played in the NSW club teams.

    I think my brother played for your team Matt, is that right?

    Anyway, who (else) ended up playing for wollongong?

  13. #13
    CC Candidate Master jase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Paddington, in between Sydney city and Bondi Beach
    Posts
    485
    Glad to read that the teams event went well.

    Any details? Number of teams, winners, what made it a success?

  14. #14
    Account Permanently Banned PHAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Wollongong
    Posts
    4,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeo
    My dad and brother played in the NSW club teams.

    I think my brother played for your team Matt, is that right?

    Anyway, who (else) ended up playing for wollongong?
    Scott Nichlosn
    Kathy Rogers (played in 5 of the 7 rounds)
    Matthew Sweeney
    And Your Bro

    Tell him again how sorry I am that I played so absolutely badly today. I seemed to be drifting in and out of "the zone".

    Nevertheless, the event had the best atmoshere I have ever seen at a chess event. Lets do it again.

  15. #15
    Account Permanently Banned PHAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Wollongong
    Posts
    4,254
    Quote Originally Posted by jase
    Glad to read that the teams event went well.

    Any details? Number of teams, winners, what made it a success?
    14 teams

    Successful because the players were, I think, there to simply play chess. While palyers were eager to learn the results of each game, the results, winning was not desperately important.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •