Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    CC International Master AzureBlue's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justaknight
    NOP!
    Good on ya! They're really brightening up my day, pop some in your signature!! Please?

lol ok Jenny I will try it next time although I think we should be careful about not overdoing it. Now, I hope you understand that we must allow this space to be used for its original purpose which is interviewing people! Agree? and we aren't allowed to use moving smilies in signatures!
    Last edited by ER; 26-10-2009 at 10:14 PM.
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

https://aus2020.chesschamp.net/

In defense of Capitalism.
    Money is the cause of all evil!
    Wrong
    Lack of money is the cause of all evil!

from Chess Victoria

Quote:
    Originally Posted by justaknight
    lol, you 're not the only one losing it here!

A/C
    YOu have made me afraid of doing that interview now - you will have me in bed with Christine Keeler or Mischa

from Chess Victoria

JAK
    A/C eeeeeek i thought you had better taste than that! Hey A/C don't touch the interview, it's gonna be our ... baby???
    Holy sheit, what happened to your Keeler crap, it was just here a moment ago!

A/C
    Keeler was my pin up in those heady sixties - don't knock her (maybe too late).

Christine and Mandy Rice Davies(?) were into kinky stuff with those conservative politicians -they weren't conservative in bed!

and we aren't allowed to use moving smilies in signatures!
    yes we are!!!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Wrong

CC International Master AzureBlue's Avatar

Thumbs up

yes we are!!!
    AWESOME!!!

Tania Simmonds Interview: Part One

Mrs Tania Simmonds - a well known Chess mum is the next interviewee who accepted to participate in our series: The Chess Parents. She accompanies her talented daughter Leteisha, a proud Queenslander (also a very popular member of our traveling chess junior contingent) all over Australia as well as overseas. Tania, has lots of experience not only in keeping up with the demanding responsibilies of a Chess parent but as a Junior Chess administrator as well.

There was a lot of time pressure for this interview!
    Last week I had the weekender at the MCC (Melbourne, this week Tania and Leteisha) are traveling to Turkey for the Juniors World Cup!
    So before we start here is some of the behind the scenes correspondence:

Quote Originally Posted by JaK
    Hi Tania
    Apologies for confusing the weekends! During the previous (which I had promised to send you the questions) I was playing at the rather long Melbourne Chess Club Cup weekender (5 days - it started on Fri and finished on Tue)! This is the reason for being late with my questions for your interview!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tania
    Hi Elliott

Hope you had a good tourney!
    Hope my answers are not too brief but leaving today still have to wash,
    pack......
    Actually they are really good questions!
    Cheers
    Tania

THE INTERVIEW

JaK: First of all congratulations for Leteisha's excellent performances and status as one of the most popular young players in tournaments around Australia!

Tania: Gee, thanks!

JaK: ]I remember her winning the 2008 Australian Junior Championship (under 12) in Sydney and getting second place in the 2009 AJC (under 16) in Adelaide. Remind us some of her other achievements so far!

TANIA: Actually I may need reminding.....she has played in a lot of tournaments where winning a game or two is an achievement. But as we are coming up to ASTC, I'll head in that direction; she plays board one on the Somerville team travelling to Melbourne in December to defend their current Primary Girls title.

JAK: You are very popular as a chess mum as well. Other chess parents respect you, kids love you! What's the secret of your success?

TANIA: I suspect they are just being polite! No secret though....I just really enjoy their company.

JaK: Let's start from the beginning! Was it you who started the whole chess thing in the Simmonds fanily, or was it Leteisha and you followed?

TANIA: I learnt to play chess when I was a kid. I don't know what possessed me to teach Leteisha to play but she really enjoyed it. Luckily she goes to a school that supports chess, primarily through the efforts of Connie Pizzato (mum of previously successful junior, Charles) and Stephen Solomon.
    I don't seem to be able to win anymore, so let's say I have retired!

JaK: Did you grow up in a chess playing environment?

TANIA: Is the lounge room an environment?

JaK: What's the highest level you have achieved as a chess player?

TANIA: Umm....never made it past the lounge room!

JAK: Obviously, apart from Chess Leteisha looks like a very organised and
    efficient young lady! Is she doing as well at school?

TANIA:I really hope so!!

JaK: Is there a prerequisite priority there? Like "homework first, and then
    chess"? Or "you get good reports, then you can play more chess" type of
    approach?

TANIA: Well, homework is meant to be the priority, but apparently this is only possible when one laptop screen is displaying school work and the other is on ICC!

JaK: Do you think that Chess has helped Leteisha develop her character?

TANIA: Or maybe....Leteisha's character is suited to chess.

JaK: Obviously, when you get to a chess campaign with Leteisha, say from Brisbane to Adelaide, or Canberra, or overseas, do you work as a team?

TANIA:Team? By that do you mean, I would take the role of supplier of food, (mostly salmon), transportation, accommodation? But I guess how that translates to Leteisha is.....support.

JaK: What is your additional role in the team's preparation and performance?

TANIA: Obviously with my outstanding chess skills, when it comes to preparation... I seem to for some reason, not be all that popular???????

JaK: I have noticed chess parents like yourself and Kerry are often busy looking after other kids as well. I mean I have seen Kerry driving back to the hotel to gather forgotten mobile phones, or jumpers or data bases not necessarily belonging to Eugene! Has chess helped to forge strong friendships amongst families in interstate as well as in local level?

TANIA: Some of the best my friendships have come through the chess community....both parents, and kids. So much time is spent together at tournaments, and just the quality of the people themselves, it's really very nice being part of it all.

JaK: Of your experience so far, in both as a chess mum and a chess administrator are you happy with the way tournaments are run in Australia?

TANIA: If you are not involved in the organisation, you are not qualified to be too critical! It takes enormous effort and commitment to organise any tournament so hats off to those brave people who attempt it!

JaK: What's Leteisha's opinion about that?

TANIA: Her answer to that question was....'i kinda agree with what you said'

JaK: Obviously, the costs of travelling from tournament to tournament, and
    sending juniors overseas to participate in international tournaments are
    high! Any strategies that could ease this problem somehow?

TANIA: Because the kids all know each other and get on so well they enjoy staying at each others houses when they travel interstate. And when travelling to overseas tournaments it's nice to extend your stay and visit another country to make the most of the massive flight to get there originally.

JaK: What would you suggest as some improvements in junior chess in general?

TANIA: I think the general consensus is the length of the Aus Juniors needs to be reduced considerably. This is an issue that is currently being addressed by the AusJCL.

This concludes part I of Tania Simmonds interview! Part II (final) after their return from Turkey! Good luck to both and to the whole Australian contingent!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Wrong

AC Xmas Special Interview PART ONE Questions have been sent to him via PM...
    They are not final, there would be additional ones!

TOPICS INCLUDE

A/C and RELIGION
    A/C and MIDDLE EAST POLITICS
    A/C and CHESSCHAT
    A/C PERSONAL BACKGROUND
    A/C and CHESS

WARNING: Strong Language and Adult Themes restrictions will not be applied; that's on the the mutual understanding of the highly suspect interviewee and myself that there will be juniors reading the final product. However and in any case Parental Guidance is definitely Required!
    Last edited by ER; 14-11-2009 at 03:57 AM.
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Wrong

Note from your letter box:

antichrist has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

I hope you know how to do it!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Wrong

TOPICS INCLUDE

A/C and RELIGION
    A/C and CHESSCHAT
    A/C PERSONAL BACKGROUND
    A/C and CHESS

WARNING: Strong Language and Adult Themes restrictions will not be applied; that's on the the mutual understanding of the highly suspect interviewee and myself that there will be juniors reading the final product. However and in any case Parental Guidance is definitely Required!
    Hi JAK,

On what grounds will restrictions 'not be applied'? In my opinion if you opt to interview a client who may be incapable of self-censorship, a modicum of responsibility falls on your shoulders to do something about it. If you prefer not to do so, then perhaps the interview in question could be posted elsewhere.

Cheers, Tony

Hi Tony, how are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Dowden
    Hi JAK,
    On what grounds will restrictions 'not be applied'?
    Cheers, Tony
    Quote Originally Posted by JaK
    that's on the the mutual understanding of the highly suspect interviewee and myself that there will be juniors reading the final product.
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Wrong

???

Jak, doesn't that mean Strong Language and Adult Themes restrictions should be applied? Juniors reading the thread and all.
    God exists. Short and to the point.

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

A/C and RELIGION
    A/C and CHESSCHAT
    A/C PERSONAL BACKGROUND
    A/C and CHESS
    I'm not holding my breath for this ... AC has proven himself repeatedly to be all but incoherent on all of these topics (including his own background).
    “As you perhaps know, I haven't always been a Christian. I didn't go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don't recommend Christianity.” -- C.S.Lewis

Account Suspended
    Its up to JAK. But interviewing an anonymous poster greatly devalues this thread.

TOPICS INCLUDE

A/C and RELIGION
    A/C and CHESSCHAT
    A/C PERSONAL BACKGROUND
    A/C and CHESS

No A/C interview

Hi guys and thanks for your input to this. I was determined to have a mutual agreement with A/C in regards to showing respect for all members of this Forum and the Chess community in general.
    I put a lot of faith in his sense of humour and willingness as well as ability to change his controversial style in order to reveal a few things about himself in an "I can also be human" style.
    Then, this morning I witnessed another deplorable example of his lack of respect to others.
    He blatantly insulted the dear memory of a well respected man, a very dear friend of mine, as well as a loved personality amongst Chess circles in Victoria, who is not longer with us.
    A/C did that in the RIP thread of that particular person.
    A/C even claimed it triumphully in the SB as another reason for his possible banning!
    Under those circumstances, I have to agree with all the people who expressed their concern to me openly and privately about all this!
    At this moment I can't feel anger, or indignation for this kind of deplorable behaviour. Only sadness!
    I am sorry Peter, no interview!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Wrong

Thread Information