Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

sprouty's request

Quote Originally Posted by littlesprout85
    Heyy Heavys

Looks like Heavys has got some characters to open up on this thread here

Sprouty is just wondering what its going to take to get an exclusive with Heavys. Maybe if sprout brings the Ale

-Sprout
    at your disposal at any time sprouty!
    Cheers and good luck
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

https://aus2020.chesschamp.net/

The Domagoj Interview

Despite his young age, Domagoj Dragicevic is already a well known and well respected personality in the Chess circles of Victoria as well as in the whole of Australia. Apart from his chessic achievenents (he is actually one of the few Aussie players who have managed to beat GM Ian Rogers - "I was just lucky and he made a blunder he says") Domagoj is respected because of his good manners, his frank no nonsense approach and his hard work particularly his participation in the formation, establishment and success of the Noble Park Chess Club. Domagoj, politely obliged in our request for an interview. Let's see how he responded to our questions.

Less than a year after a formation of Noble Park Chess Club, the Victorian Chess Community has reacted very positively toward the Club. How do you rate its performance?

While we know that Noble Park Chess Club has a long way to go to become fully established, the club is pretty happy with its start. Whilst we would like to have more numbers, we are delighted with the strength of our tournaments. We believe that in the future we will get more numbers and keep the strength high. The seriousness and ambitions by the club was shown last year when it organized Dandenong International Chess Festival which featured Australian Masters and Reserves and it only had something like 3 months to organize it. We are also delighted with the number of FIDE rated players that play in Noble Park Chess Club which gives the club an opportunity to have its tournaments FIDE rated. The response from the players has been positive as well. One of the things people have been impressed with is the venue. The venue, a community centre which recently celebrated its one year of existence is really fantastic, and I urge anyone who hasn’t visited the club to come and see the venue. The players also appreciated the fact that the pairings for Noble Park Open were published out on Saturday straight after the round was completed. The pairings were published on our website www.nobleparkchess.org.au , Chess Chat Forum and they were emailed to players.

Noble Park Chess Club’s success is obviously the result of a collective effort. Tell us a few things about the team!

The team of Noble Park Chess Club works very hard even though sometimes it is difficult when there are other things that we are doing. The idea of a new chess club came from Mehmedalija Dizdarevic, sometime ago. After seeing his plans and visions for the club, I decided to join in the adventure of forming as new chess club, something that I didn’t think I ever do. While this was all happening, Carl Gorka had the idea of trying to organise Australian Masters and was looking someone to help him organise it. That’s when the two came together. All of us were keen to do both. After this, everything started flowing along. Jamie Kenmure was very keen to help out, and decided to join in and in the same time he brought his arbitering experience to the club. After planning and in the same time talking to different players about joining the club, the club began its operations on September 30, 2006. The club had its first AGM on December 9 where the full committee was formed. Everyone in the club administration worked very hard to achieve goals of the clubs.

How do you interpret the fact that the Club attracts so many strong players coming from places far from its area just to participate?

The reason the club attracts so many strong players is good prizemoney. Like in every tournament, strong players will look at the prizemoney to decide if they will play, especially if they have to travel far to play. Also, another fact that players take into account is that we guarantee that we will pay back 80% of the entry fees, and in the allegros that figure jumps to 90%.

What are the Club’s plans for the immediate future?

The club has some plans for the immediate future. The club plans to have a junior school and it is again organizing Dandenong International Chess Festival, once again featuring Australian Masters and Reserves. It also hopes to build up the numbers.

Coming to your individual Chess performance now. How has it been affected from your involvement with the Club’s administration?

That is an interesting question and the one that I am not 100% sure about. It has probably had a bit of an effect, but not too big of an effect. At the start organizing was affecting my chess, especially prior to Dandenong International Chess Festival where I didn’t want to play in the Reserves. At the end, circumstances forced me to play and I ended up winning the tournament (it shows what a funny game chess is). I have to say that my performance is not as good as what I would like it to be, but I don’t believe it has much to do with organizing. For example, in both Doeberl Cup and Sydney International I didn’t do as well as I would have liked, at Dandenong Chess Club I won Dandenong Summer Swiss and did shockingly at Dandenong Easter Club. At Noble Park Chess Club, in Noble Park Open I ended up doing ok, but the start wasn’t great and recently I came equal first in a very strong allegro. So from this, I can say that my performances are all over the place, so being involved in Chess Administration is not the problem. Bigger problem for me is that I don’t really study chess as I used to, my only training is playing 3 minute blitz on the internet. The main thing for me is that I am still enjoying playing chess.

SIO was run successfully and it has been hailed as the most successful tournament ever held in Australia. Do you think that one day we will be able to organize such important events in Victoria?

I believe that one day there will be a tournament like that in Victoria even though it is hard to say when that might be.

That's how the interview ended and we thank Domagoj for his excellent response.

For those who don't know, Noble Park is a rather remote suburb located in the outskirts of the Metropolitan Area of Melbourne, about halfway between the swimming and fishing beaches of Port Phillip Bay and the scenic wonderland of the Dandenong Ranges.

When Domagoj and his friends begun their efforts to establish the Club not many people believed that the Noble Park Chess Club would achieve so much in such a short time. Amazing is the fact that players come to play in the NPCC tournaments from the other side of the city and people who know Melbourne know that we are talking about a long distance here.

Mehmedalija Dizdarevic, whose name is referred to in Domagoj's interview, always talked about the importance of respecting chess players and offer them the best conditions, prizes etc if you want to attract them in your tournaments. He would talk with passion to everyone that listened about these ideas. The Noble Park Chess Club experiment has proved him right.
    Last edited by ER; 19-05-2007 at 07:41 PM.
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

RawR !!!!

Sprouty is totaly impressed by Heavys interviwing skillz

These heavy interviews are fast becoming sprouty top reasons to keep up with chesschats.Along with the Classic Arcade & ShoutBox.(sproutys universe) Chesschats is on the fast track setting the pace for the future in onlinechess sites.

Truly with members like Heavys on board for the Long Haul, this aussie site really Rocks !!!!! Keep up ^ The Great work Heavys- We Truly Enjoy the Interviews

-Sprout
    ChessChat's Break0ut High Score Champion - 02/02/2012
    ChessChat's Space Invaders High Score Champion - 09/24/2012
    ChessChat's Moon Lander High Score Champion - 10/07/2012
    ChessChat's Asteroids High Score Champion - 10/19/2012

ChessChat's Current Reigning King of the Arcade since 10/07/2012

Quote Originally Posted by littlesprout85
    RawR !!!!

Sprouty is totaly impressed by Heavys interviwing skillz

These heavy interviews are fast becoming sprouty top reasons to keep up with chesschats.Along with the Classic Arcade & ShoutBox.(sproutys universe) Chesschats is on the fast track setting the pace for the future in onlinechess sites.

Truly with members like Heavys on board for the Long Haul, this aussie site really Rocks !!!!! Keep up ^ The Great work Heavys- We Truly Enjoy the Interviews

-Sprout
    thanks for the kind words and encouragement Sprouty, there will be more interviews soon!
    Cheers and good luck!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Account Permanently Banned Axiom's Avatar

The Axiom Interview -part 1

Quote Originally Posted by heaviestknight
    Hi Ax
    Hi HK and a big hello to all readers.

Obviously, Chess has been an important part of your life, even when you had to go through very adverse circumstances in order to function as a chess player. Tell us how it all started? Who taught you the moves, and when did you first felt that you loved the game?
    Like many,my father taught me the moves at 6-7 yrs old.I was fascinated by the game very early on,and love for it soon followed. A love that continued to flourish and grow along with the changing years and times of my life.
    Chess was a chance to prove yourself,to control the uncontrollable,to find certainty in an uncertain world,to fight fair,to create ,to freely express one's primal spirit.

Yes many adverse circumstances were experienced, and chess was always the constant,the loyal friend that kept on giving and supporting.Chess allowed me to lead an exciting life and meet fascinating characters. Experiences and people that i would have missed,had it not been for that fateful day when i was plucked from school to study chess at the Krasnoyarsk Chess Camp.
    It was having to function as a chessplayer ,that enabled me to function through any adversity.It was the stabiliser,the solace,the sanity.

By your postings on the board, I understand that you were a top chess player at school How, and under what conditions were you selected to play Chess in the “official” learning centres in Krasnoyarsk? Did your parents have any say on that decision that obviously was going to affect your future?
    I actually was not so strong,but i scored very high on the following tests:- logic,intuition , analysis,investigation and curiousity.It was by way of these test results that i was honoured with selection, the camp officials were looking for the raw talent, the right stuff, if you will.They thought they could mould me to good use.
    My parents had little or no say.It was generally accepted in the community, that if you are offered a camp place, you DON'T turn it down! My parents were extremely proud, they could not stop bragging to neighbours ,friends and family.

Without wanting to be offensive, Krasno sounds very much like a Chess concentration Camp to me. How were you expected to perform and create under such oppressive circumstances?
    Look, i wont pretend it was all beer and nuts! , far from it ,in fact. But we all knew we were working together for a better brighter future. We knew that a few at the camp would be selected to join some of the elite training squads. One of these groups were known as the Siberian Chess Tigers. Perhaps the most feared group of chess researchers in the soviet union at the time.
    I was very fortunate to be chosen to join the Tigers, as our coach was the brilliant and humourous chess rebel Bresislan Gorkiananov. He allowed us to develop in a far freer and natural way compared to many of the hard line almost military precision of other groups(for more history and details of the time please see Siberian Chess Tigers Revisited http://www.chesschat.org/showthread.php?t=6076 )

What about schooling? Were you given enough opportunities, and of course time let alone the appropriate institutions to have some satisfactory education? I am asking this question, because of your postings here, it comes through that you are a well read and educated person. Additionally, I do not believe that you were waiting until your arrival in the West to get some education....
    Fortunately Gorkiananov believed in a well rounded education, he could both see AND think outside the box. Even when there was nothing there!
    Taken from the *** revisited thread ,link above :-
    "Firstly,the training recieved by ***,was second to none in history of chess.
    We studied budhism,eastern mysticism,socrates,plato,euclid,martial arts, assertive behaviour,freud, jung,sun tsu,and more controversially- mind control. This all designed to fully prepare our mind, body and soul for the battle."

Later i read h.p thoreau,t.paine,js mill,nietsche, mk ultra, tavistock institute,history of piracy,slavery and false flag operations.

I have long standing double agent inside contacts in cia,mi5,mi6,kgb,mossad,33 degree freemasons,globalist bankers,bilderberg group,bohemian grove, the CFR,and the NWO Iluminati .
    These contacts were made through chess and the ***! and in this interview i will release earth shattering conspiracy theory as to why chess has been surpressed!(stay tuned!)
    I heard and saw things that would make your hair curl! So yes, i have a broad ranging education you might say!
    My latest interest (not unlike Kasparov)as many of you know is in the field of politics,focusing on human information retrieval and dissemination (suddenly im reminded of that great film 'Brazil'!)

According to your postings in the Krasno years you “learned the value of freedom of expression through chess, you could create, be master of your destiny, you did not have to rely on any authority. you could be like a god, in a way....you actually became one of the much feared” Does that mean that you became a part of an admittedly bullish regime? Someone who terrified his hapless opponents to the point of surrendering the battle before it even started?
    No not at all, the only fear derived from the ***, was from their awesome chess skill. Now thats not to say we did not have to defend ourselves from time to time ,as competition was fierce. But as Bresislan used to say, "let your pieces do the talking"(which reminds me of one team mate,who mysteriously disappeared after proclaiming that his knights were ACTUALLY talking to him!)
    So no not a bullish regime , but we were trained in the martial arts.
    I know much has been speculated about the *** tattoo on the back of the playing hand........and sometimes in tournaments you would get the odd young opponent crying off to mama at the mere sight of it. But in general there was just tremendous respect.

Did you leave Siberia under normal circumstances, or did you have to find some drastic ways, ie escaping to get out of there?
    I am trying to be as open as possible here in this interview, but i will ask you to forgive me, if i do not relay the details of exactly how i was to leave Siberia.
    Suffice to say it involved the chess community from as far afield as vodka distillers,to taxi drivers, to govt officials,to KGB, to call girls, to truck drivers.

Back to Chess now… how strong were you, say in ACF ratings strength when you first came to Australia? Did you play for any clubs and participated in tournaments?
    around 2200 acf when i first arrived.
    my playing strength has waned over the years, partly due to age and partly due to a brain operation in 1986.(again i cannot detail this, only to say it was a high level psy op program,involving implants)
    yes certain tournaments were played, but mainly as cover for undercover 'reunion' meetings with old secret service contacts.
    yes i have visited 3 clubs in my time

Maybe you are, or maybe you are not a strong Chess player, I mean as strong as to be say amongst the best 20 or even 50 players in Australia… Some say or imply that you actually have had a strong impact in the Australian Chess in early 70s and that you have actually represented Australia in an Olympiad. I am not going to ask you to confirm or deny this, but on the other hand someone who was selected to participate in a program that would decide future Chess directions in the powerful USSR, had to be good. Did you try to play a major role in the Australian Chess?
    i need to clarify here, i was not an overly strong chessplayer( 2300 fide peak/2200 acf) these days perhaps 2000 fide ,1800 acf.
    My work with the *** in the early days involved synthesising masses of data, i had a peculiar skill in summarising,condensing,finding the key,or the axiomatic driving principa amongst the seemingly chaotic mass of information. Gorkiananov dubbed me 'Axiom' in light of this.
    My work was almost exclusively with opening theory.
    Many here would recognise the Possum opening here,so dubbed ,with Mr I.Goldenberg's input. But based on my work in the 50s on a line known then as XX9.(again refer here http://www.chesschat.org/showthread.php?t=6076 )
    So i guess im a distorted lopsided chessplayer, once very strong at openings(2500 standard) but apallingly weak at endings (even as low as 1200 standard!)....as many could im sure testify to here!

Part 2 coming shortly , where Axiom will talk about the great chess conspiracy!,australian chess and the media!......also will reproduce an annotated illustrative game.
    Last edited by Axiom; 31-05-2007 at 12:38 AM.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Axiom
    I have long standing double agent inside contacts in cia,mi5,mi6,kgb,mossad,33 degree freemasons,globalist bankers,bilderberg group,bohemian grove, the CFR,and the NWO Iluminati .
    I am one of these. I am in all these organisations except the Freemasons. My work there was but a training ground for the real world of chess politics.

That was good fun, Ax. I'm quite a fan of self-interviews as a literary form.

not self!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    That was good fun, Ax. I'm quite a fan of self-interviews as a literary form.
    lol excuse me, literary or not literary form, it was definitely not a sefl interview, Ax answered the questions I sent him! And, BTW, Kevin you are my next targeted interviewee, followed by Jono and Boris!
    Cheers and good luck
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

lol excuse me, literary or not literary form, it was definitely not a sefl interview, Ax answered the questions I sent him!
    I assumed he had made them up himself as a kind of surreal parody of the thread, just because he had posted them.

My apologies!

lol no probs!

I assumed he had made them up himself as a kind of surreal parody of the thread, just because he had posted them.

My apologies!
    lol no probs, Kevin! Actually, that would be a great idea to have a thread with posters interviewing themselves! Maybe they 'd come out with self questions and answers, that I wouldn't have thought, or I wouldn't have dared to ask them!
    Cheers and good luck!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

I interviewed Bonham in a student magazine about a decade ago. My interview subject said some very offensive things that drew numerous letters of complaint, but not many of the comments had anything to do with chess. At one point he revealed that he'd been reading "Exploiting Small Advantages" by Gufeld, and at another one when asked "Do you have any advice for all those young lovers on campus?" , or something of the sort, he responded "Never castle before move 30".

I interviewed Bonham in a student magazine about a decade ago. My interview subject said some very offensive things that drew numerous letters of complaint, but not many of the comments had anything to do with chess. At one point he revealed that he'd been reading "Exploiting Small Advantages" by Gufeld, and at another one when asked "Do you have any advice for all those young lovers on campus?" , or something of the sort, he responded "Never castle before move 30".
    and when asked about advice on the french opening position , did he answer- "use a condom, you never know what you could catch"?

"Never castle before move 30".
    Is there some connection between this and the recent trend of being told not to lower the "draw" bridge until move 30?

btw, post interview i would be happy to field supplementary questions from any quarter.
    Thankyou,
    Axiom.
    Last edited by Axiom; 31-05-2007 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eclectic
    Is there some connection between this and the recent trend of being told not to lower the "draw" bridge until move 30?
    It's something I saw ages and ages ago as a report of something some great player had supposedly said. I have no idea of the source of it, and would really like to know, if anyone ever sees it.

Part 2 The Axiom Interview

[CONT.]Some say or imply that you actually have had a strong impact in the Australian Chess in early 70s and that you have actually represented Australia in an Olympiad. I am not going to ask you to confirm or deny this, but on the other hand someone who was selected to participate in a program that would decide future Chess directions in the powerful USSR, had to be good. Did you try to play a major role in the Australian Chess?
    My work for Australian Chess has largely been 'behind the scenes'. I cannot go into details here, only to say ,that i am part of an underground worldwide chess network, seeking to re assert chess on the culture-map in the west.During my work for the last 30 odd years, i have uncovered a most sinister plot against chess itself! :-
    The Great Chess Conspiracy
    We all know the early seventies was the height of chess popularity in the west.This was a threat to the chess powers in the east. It was also a threat to the global ruling elite. So at a clandestine meeting(in late 1973) within the Bilderberg Group,between FIDE officials,secret service, and members of the Rockerfeller and Rothschild families, it was agreed to stymie and hamper any attempts by chess to gain a firm stable foothold in both the public psyche and popular culture itself.
    Why you may ask. Well,basically,the global ruling elite(GRE),are threatened by thinking people, their whole programming paradigm is based on 'dumbing down' the population,through the education system,the media,popular culture and psy ops.
    Chess is an escape from this paradigm, and brain scan experiments show,that the brain operates at different wavelength frequencies when playing chess,sometimes going into a high order meditative state. It is in this state ,that lateral thinking or 'outside the box' thinking is greatly facilitated. Chess also excercises the brain in pure objective,rational analysis, so this combination of effects presented a potent cocktail with the potential to free the brain from its programming.This of course was highly threatening to the GRE, so along with corrupt FIDE officials and the help of clandestine agents, a plot was hatched to keep chess 'underground'.
    The effects of this ghastly attack on chess can be seen in the last 30 odd years :- Fischer was the victim of mk ultra and tavistockian mind control, they knew if they could destroy our figurehead,they could destroy the upswell of popularity in chess.
    Note the lack of govt funding for chess,despite the most powerful of arguments supporting it!
    Note how major corporations blatently prostitute the image of chess in tv and print commercials, yet rarely give a dime in sponsorship!
    Chess has been deliberately shunned because it threatened to exalt the virtues of thinking ,challanging the programmed culture.A culture designed to keep the 'slaves' in their 'boxes'.
    So when we wonder why chess has struggled so much since the heady days of c1972, we now know the reason.
    However we have had some victories along the way, the 'English chess explosion' of the 1980s,was a success,due to some imaginative management and hard work of uk chess officials at the time,......im proud to say an ex *** member was a part of the behind the scenes work there.Also recently new laws in the uk, open the door for chess funding(again,this was done through our contact in mi6 and a british parliamentarian),but they have new tricks to keep us at bay,which have been leaked and picked up by our agents in london. We fight on!

So to answer your question, my role in Australian chess,has and is one of behind the scenes work,constantly monitoring chess officials,the health of Australian chess,liasing ,cooperating and sharing information around the world with other 'chess agents' with the goal of furthering the cause of chess ,in australia and world wide.

[Another theory suggests that you came to Australia in the early 80s as a FIDE master, that you lived in Sydney after having won a few tournaments in your way to Australia, but on your arrival here you got very disappointed by the existing state of affairs here, and after a while you gave up keeping only a few select students. Again without asking you to confirm or deny this, what is your opinion about Australian Chess, its strengths, weaknesses, aspirations?
    HK, there are many stories surrounding Axiom, and most are not true.
    It is not true that i was disappointed by the existing state here, i was well briefed before taking up my post here and it was as expected.
    Yes some students have been given the information to continue my work when im gone.
    I chose the posting in Australia as it was well known for imaginative opening theory(my specialist area!), this is its strength.
    Its weakness is only one that befalls most countries ,lack of public profile ,exposure,professionalism, ie. money.
    The fact that the australian govt does not fund chess to the tune of at least a million dollars a year, should be met with absolute raging anger by the chess community......we need to become more agressive on this issue.
    We shoud aspire to prestigious govt funded tournaments ,and to blow away the artificial impediments that stand in the way of chess progress.

"CHESS FOR ONE,AND ALL FOR CHESS"

Games of Axiom i) v M.Baron (FM) 1-0 (although some maintain the conspiracy theory that i was in fact playing MB's cat Vassia!, but i'll let you make up your own mind!)
    PGN Viewer

ii)v Boris 1/2 (KB described this game as "a ripper,fantastic to watch,superb entertainment"!)
    PGN Viewer

and
    iii)v K.Bonham 1/2 (and KB should have been ripped apart in this one! ) http://www.chesschat.org/showthread.php?t=4502&page=10

[Ax, thank you very much for your time!
    Cheers and good luck!
    Thankyou and youre most very welcome.
    and i would like to leave you all with this,

"The sun doesnt come up in the morning,we turn to face it" - Axiom (c) (9/6/07)
    Last edited by Axiom; 10-06-2007 at 09:22 PM.

Thread Information