Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 161
  1. #1
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    61

    Auckland Chess Centre IM Norm Tournament 2006

    The inagural Auckland Chess Centre IM Norm Tournament starts this saturday - a 10 player FIDE rated round robin with IM norms up for grabs.

    Confirmed entrants (with April FIDE ratings shown) are:

    IM Stephen Solomon (2409)
    IM Peter Froehlich (2365)
    IM Guy West (2359)
    FM Tim Reilly (2293)
    FM Stephen Lukey (2282)
    Mike Steadman (2262)
    Puchen Wang (2259)
    FM Robert Smith (2254)
    Nic Croad (2243)
    FM Bruce Watson (2240)

    Details at www.aucklandchesscentre.co.nz
    Live games at www.aucklandchesscentre.co.nz/dgt/tfd.htm One round per day, starting at 2pm NZ time.
    Archive of each round after they have been completed at www.aucklandchesscentre.co.nz/dgt/r1/tfd.htm (/r2/ for round 2 etc)

    Results to be posted here after each round. A score of 6.5/9 will get an IM norm!

    Also running at the same time are the NZ Womens Championship, the NZ Seniors Championship and the IM Qualifier (winner gets entry to the 2007 IM Norm)

    Thanks to Gary Bekker for his assistance with the broadcast of games using DGT boards

    Oscar Martin
    Auckland Chess Centre

  2. #2
    CC Grandmaster Garrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    the City
    Posts
    3,210
    cool - I back Solo to win. go Queensland !

  3. #3
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    16,985
    Good luck to all of the NZ FMs. Hopefully someone will be able to make an IM norm

  4. #4
    CC Grandmaster ER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    13,609
    Quote Originally Posted by om_nzd
    The inagural Auckland Chess Centre IM Norm Tournament starts this saturday - a 10 player FIDE rated round robin with IM norms up for grabs.

    Confirmed entrants (with April FIDE ratings shown) are:

    IM Stephen Solomon (2409)
    IM Peter Froehlich (2365)
    IM Guy West (2359)
    FM Tim Reilly (2293)
    FM Stephen Lukey (2282)
    Mike Steadman (2262)
    Puchen Wang (2259)
    FM Robert Smith (2254)
    Nic Croad (2243)
    FM Bruce Watson (2240)

    Details at www.aucklandchesscentre.co.nz
    Live games at www.aucklandchesscentre.co.nz/dgt/tfd.htm One round per day, starting at 2pm NZ time.
    Archive of each round after they have been completed at www.aucklandchesscentre.co.nz/dgt/r1/tfd.htm (/r2/ for round 2 etc)

    Results to be posted here after each round. A score of 6.5/9 will get an IM norm!

    Also running at the same time are the NZ Womens Championship, the NZ Seniors Championship and the IM Qualifier (winner gets entry to the 2007 IM Norm)

    Thanks to Gary Bekker for his assistance with the broadcast of games using DGT boards

    Oscar Martin
    Auckland Chess Centre
    GUY TO WIN!!!
    With no disrespect to other players, I strongly believe that IM Guy West will win this tournament. Having witnessed his latest game (a formidable performance resulting in a fine victory over M. Pecak last Monday at the MCC) I anticipate that he is in very good form. This fact combined with his immence international experience and his everpresent fighting spirit, more than convinces me that Guy will be the winner!

    Cheers and good luck!
    Last edited by ER; 20-09-2006 at 08:38 PM.

  5. #5
    CC Grandmaster ER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    13,609

    thanks to Bill

    (thanks to Bill Gletsos's tutorial I can now quote properly)!
    cheers and good luck!

  6. #6
    CC International Master Rhubarb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,635
    Quote Originally Posted by om_nzd
    Details at www.aucklandchesscentre.co.nz
    Live games at www.aucklandchesscentre.co.nz/dgt/tfd.htm One round per day, starting at 2pm NZ time.
    Archive of each round after they have been completed at www.aucklandchesscentre.co.nz/dgt/r1/tfd.htm (/r2/ for round 2 etc)
    I think all of these links need an extra 's' in chess. Mod squad?

  7. #7
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirty
    I think all of these links need an extra 's' in chess. Mod squad?

    You are right - I cant spell "chess"! Maybe thats why I cant play so well

    Round 1 is now under way at www.aucklandchesscentre.co.nz/dgt/tfd.htm

    Late widthdrawal Puchen Wang, replaced by Graeme Spain

    Oscar

  8. #8
    Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The multiverse
    Posts
    21,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirty
    I think all of these links need an extra 's' in chess. Mod squad?
    Fixed... I hope.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

  9. #9
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    61
    Round 1 pairings are:

    1. Smith - West
    2. Solomon - Froelich
    3. Reilly - Steadman
    4. Croad - Watson
    5. Lukey - Spain

    www.aucklandchesscentre.co.nz/dgt/tfd.htm

    & Guy West says hi to Watto
    Last edited by om_nzd; 23-09-2006 at 04:54 PM.

  10. #10
    CC International Master Rhubarb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,635
    Oscar, is it just the three DGT boards or is there a problem with the other two boards?

  11. #11
    CC International Master Watto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,275
    Quote Originally Posted by om_nzd

    & Guy West says hi to Wattoo
    lol, thanks om_nzd. I say hi back- I'm watching with interest!

  12. #12
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    61
    There is only 3 DGT boards in operation. (to be more clear what I mean is that we only have 3 boards here )
    Last edited by om_nzd; 23-09-2006 at 02:02 PM.

  13. #13
    CC International Master Brian_Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,058
    Quote Originally Posted by om_nzd
    There is only 3 DGT boards in operation. (to be more clear what I mean is that we only have 3 boards here )
    And Toma is publicising its licencee - the Australian Chess Federation!

  14. #14
    Account Shoutbox Banned antichrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,896
    I can only guess that it was a hefty prizemoney that attracted them across the Tasman?

  15. #15
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    40,342

    wallop!

    I assume that Smith has resigned given that he will be mated in 3.

    Smith - West

    PGN Viewer
     

    I suspect ?!s could be liberally attached to White's play between moves 10 and 16 as well.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

    ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

    My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ACF September 2006 Ratings
    By Bill Gletsos in forum Ratings Arena
    Replies: 335
    Last Post: 27-10-2006, 05:05 PM
  2. Tournaments for September 2006 ACF Ratings
    By Bill Gletsos in forum Ratings Arena
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 31-08-2006, 05:31 PM
  3. ACF June 2006 Ratings
    By Bill Gletsos in forum Ratings Arena
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 05-06-2006, 09:51 PM
  4. June 06 rating list question
    By Bereaved in forum Ratings Arena
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-06-2006, 03:23 PM
  5. 2nd ICCF WEBCHESS OPEN TOURNAMENT
    By CCLA in forum Correspondence Chess News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30-05-2006, 08:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •