Thread: DGT boards help

CC Rookie

DGT boards help

Hi,

Does anyone know much about DGT boards? I have emailed DGT several times with my questions but they have not answered ....

My questions are:

The board came with an european 120 volt power adapter, but of course we have a 240 volt power supply. Is it safe to use? Or do I need some sort of step down power transformer?

The TOMA software is installed on the PC connected to the board. To have the game broadcast on the internet, there is a ftp site setting in TOMA. Does TOMA upload everything that the web site needs (eg Flash application, moves, etc), or is there also another piece of software that has to be installed on the web server?

Thanks!

GC

Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gambitcrazy
    The board came with an european 120 volt power adapter, but of course we have a 240 volt power supply. Is it safe to use? Or do I need some sort of step down power transformer?
    Hi GC. I don't know beans about the DGT boards but if you have a tranformer expecting 120V AC input I would not be plugging that into a 240V outlet. You could go for a step down as you suggest or else determine the input requirements of the DGT board and source a 240V power adapter that provides the required input voltage and power requirements. If you go the second option it would be one less thing to worry about carrying around but you would have to ensure you have a matching socket in terms of size and polarity. Generic transformers are available from electronic stores which offer systems to change the output voltage, socket size and polarity of the unit.

Good luck.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

CC Candidate Master
    The board came with an european 120 volt power adapter
    Should've got the USB board... no external power-pack required

To have the game broadcast on the internet, there is a ftp site setting in TOMA. Does TOMA upload everything that the web site needs
    Yes, it'll upload all the required files - you do not need anything to be installed on the web server.

Shaun

CC Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by kveldulv
    Should've got the USB board... no external power-pack required

Yes, it'll upload all the required files - you do not need anything to be installed on the web server.

Shaun

Thanks,

I guess I'll go to Dick Smiths and see if I can find a replacement adapter - cant use USB mode since we've got several boards (or can I? the documents say no)

GC

Thread Information