Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Look in the news and announcements section.

CC Rookie
    obviously I'm doing something wrong. I put [p g n] at the beginning of the game and [/p g n] at the end and it didn't work

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by verikt
    can you post a link to the thread where it explains how to post a game? I searched for it and couldn't find it, thanks.
    There's two ways to post the game, PGN uploader and PGN Recorder.

USING PGN UPLOADER
    To use pgn uploader, make sure you have the game in pgn format. Basically copy the game into notepad and save the game with a .pgn extension. Then click PGN Uploader (make sure the .pgn is lower case). Click browse and select your .pgn file and click Upload pgn File. Then click send pgn.

Event: rated blitz match
    Site: Free Internet Chess Server
    Date: 2006.10.24
    Round: ?
    White: verikt
    Black: thankxs
    Result: *
    WhiteElo: 1381
    BlackElo: 1243
    ECO: B00
    TimeControl: 600+5

PGN Viewer

PGN RECORDER
    The other way is the PGN Recorder. When you click PGN Recorder a window with a chessboard will pop up. Click on the piece and the square it is going to (use the < button to undo moves) for the window to record the move. When you have finished recording the game, click Send PGN Now. The only problem with PGN recorder is that it can't record variations not played in the game (e.g. sometimes when analysing a game you display variations that could have been played at that certain move). Well, if there is a way to record variations with pgn recorder I am completely unaware of it. There's my tips on posting games, I only just figured it out yesterday!

[Edit] Dammit! I made it work before, it doesn't seem to be working for me now. Anyway, here are the link:
    Ok I fixed my problem with pgn uploader. I think I know what the problem is now. Get rid of the asterisk (*) at the end. As for me, sometimes it doesn't work after editing/saving but after refreshing my window it works.
    http://www.chesschat.org/announcement.php?f=29&a=11
    Last edited by Zwischenzug; 24-10-2006 at 10:17 PM.

PGN Viewer

meep meep

CC Rookie
    strange
    did you just post my game?
    because this is what I see. That's also what I saw when I added the notations by hand. I'm going to edit the post again. Can you tell me if you see it in the viewer?
    Attached Images Attached Images

CC Rookie
    thanks Boris
    I can see yours. what exactly did you do?

Quote Originally Posted by verikt
    thanks Boris
    I can see yours. what exactly did you do?
    No problem. Just put the PGN tags at either end of the moves you posted. You can see exactly how by quoting that post I made. Hope this helps.
    meep meep

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwichenzug
    As for me, sometimes it doesn't work after editing/saving but after refreshing my window it works.
    Yesterday my internet cable was working so refreshing isn't too much of a problem. Since my download quota is over now, it is much more noticeable that you need to refresh (press f5 or click refresh on your browser). I noticed after my post (with 56k modem speed) that the game didn't appear but it did appear after I refreshed the screen.

CC Rookie
    ok now it's working.
    Now if I want to hear opinions on the game should I leave it here, post it to a different thread or post it to games and analysis?
    I screwed up at the beginning and made a pretty decent comeback, in my opinion.

Thread Information