Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    CC International Master

Talking Bendigo Bank Canterbury Junior Box Hill Chess Club Open

Bendigo Bank Canterbury Junior Box Hill Chess Club Open

Bendigo Bank sponsored Canterbury / Box Hill Open Chess Championship
    From September 22 to November 3 on 7 consecutive Fridays at the Box Hill Chess Club. There will be a prize fund of $1600
    Entry fees
    $30 early bird discounts [closes September 12]
    Full fees $40.
    $15 visitors fees for NON Box Hill or Canterbury Junior Chess Club members.
    This important Chess Victoria approved tournament will this year be co-sponsored by the Canterbury branch of the Bendigo Bank.

3 Times tournament winner IM Guy West will be a starter.
    IM Mirko Rujevic has also entered the tournament.

Full details will be available on the Box Hill Chess Club web site www.boxhillchess.org.au from August 12

the flyer with full details can be viewed now on the club captains web site http://gerryhartland.netfirms.com Go to chess page 1,,

Account Compromised

Tornament name

The flier calls the event the
    Canterbury/Box Hill 2006 Open

Does this suggest that the Sponsor is still to be locked in?
    It is good news that the two internashional masters have entered early.
    Can the bottom half of the feeld be pared with West and Rujevic in the earlly rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by trappistnight
    Can the bottom half of the field be paired with West and Rujevic in the earlly rounds.
    I think you would find that from reading some of the posts of high rated players that they will appreciate plenty of games against similar rated opponents, which the Box Hill system provides. One of the big complaints is a lack of genuine contests as per the monster swiss system draw.

CC International Master

answers to queries

The flier calls the event the
    Canterbury/Box Hill 2006 Open

Does this suggest that the Sponsor is still to be locked in?
    It is good news that the two internashional masters have entered early.
    Can the bottom half of the feeld be pared with West and Rujevic in the earlly rounds.
    1) I added sponsors name on this site.

2) Sponsorships are all well and truly locked in.

3) We will be using accelerated pairings in early rounds. So players in the bottom half are unlikely to be paired with West Rujevic in the first two rounds.

Thank you for the queries.

CC International Master

acceleration, pairings and prizes

There will be one tournament. The top half of the field will be given two extra points for pairings purposes. This will be permanent.

The top half of the field is the A division, the bottom half of the field is the B division. There will be sepatate prizes for each division.

Account Compromised
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidflude
    There will be one tournament. The top half of the field will be given two extra points for pairings purposes. This will be permanent.

The top half of the field is the A division, the bottom half of the field is the B division. There will be sepatate prizes for each division.
    Awl very well for you as a member of the Canterbury Committee, but how come you have not negoshiated with the State body to avoid a clash betwein the Melbourne OPEN, the Canterbury OPEN, the Dandenong Chamionshep, and the State Championshep. Players will be locked in for monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday and all day saturday at 5 venews.
    On top of thisis planned the Croydon OPEN and the proposal for the Australian Masters. In the same timefram some players will be invoolved in the World Junor.

CC Grandmaster
    Awl very well for you as a member of the Canterbury Committee, but how come you have not negoshiated with the State body to avoid a clash betwein the Melbourne OPEN, the Canterbury OPEN, the Dandenong Chamionshep, and the State Championshep. Players will be locked in for monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday and all day saturday at 5 venews.
    On top of thisis planned the Croydon OPEN and the proposal for the Australian Masters. In the same timefram some players will be invoolved in the World Junor.
    I think we should only welcome the fact that we got so many tournaments going

It gives all players a choice of week night to play. Also the "chess addicts" are able to play chess non-stop

CC International Master

clashes

Our Calendar was posted on the Internet very early this year. With so many clubs running events there are bound to be clashes. It is terriffic that so many events are taking place.

We have been running our open at this time of the year for many years. We baggsed it first.

CC International Master
    Not to mention that some people will want to watch teams play in the football finals, although that will not be a problem for Box Hill Hawks supporters like me.

CC International Master

entries pouring in

Entries for the tournament have increased by 25% in the last twentyfour hours.

Hey trappistknight we have been running our open since 1971.

Entries for the tournament have increased by 25% in the last twentyfour hours.

Hey trappistknight we have been running our open since 1971.
    And very successfully too! I wish everyone participates in BHCC activities because they are doing a very good job in chess promotion and junior development.
    Plus the fantastic atmosphere one enjoys playing at BHCC's magnificent new premises. The playing area is large and comfortable, the people always friendly and good humoured, and the playing standards always high regardless one's rating.
    There is some time since I had my last game at Box Hill, maybe two months or something and all i can say is that I am missing it so much and that I look forward to play at their Open.
    Cheers and good luck to all!
    (PS Of course Monday nights are to be devoted to the Melbourne Chess Club for their Open as well as their Saturday Allegros)!
    Last edited by ER; 17-08-2006 at 04:59 PM.

if and only if...

If and only if i can get away from my Saturday afternoon rostered work responsibilities though!

Quote Originally Posted by heaviestknight
    If and only if i can get away from my Saturday afternoon rostered work responsibilities though!
    And the list is increasing... go BHCC!!!!
    Cheers and Good Luck!

CC International Master

tournament has started

West -Schon 1-0 game was played in advance. Get your entries in folks

CC Candidate Master
    West -Schon 1-0 game was played in advance. Get your entries in folks
    Very impressed by the new venue for Box Hill Chess Club. Everyone should enter as it should be a great event and also to support the club, as the rent is higher now! Tasso, your appreciation for Greg's analysis inspired me to make a contribution.
    Gattaca - Eugene Schon Round 1 (I'm playing an IM event in Auckland on the date of the scheduled first round.)
    PGN Viewer

Thread Information