Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Off-topic Bin

Quote Originally Posted by arosar
    Tonight, chess took centre stage on Channel 7's "Great Outdoors" program. Even Kosteniuk made an appearance. She said, "If Russia grows stronger, then chess grows stronger".

AR
    Now don't tell me there wasn't a whiff of cross promotion between it and DWTS featuring you know who ...

Quote Originally Posted by Skaro
    Now don't tell me there wasn't a whiff of cross promotion between it and DWTS featuring you know who ...
    And let's not forget the controversial "story" about Temptation that was covered on ACA tonight.
    meep meep

Youse blokes would never guess who was standing behind me just now in McDonalds. Mamdou Habib!

Now anyway, where's AC? Hey lebo, how about this revelation that the criminal Israeli army actually used phosphorous bombs directly against human targets? They denied that for a long time. Now they fess up. Do you have an opinion?

AR

CC International Master Brian_Jones's Avatar
    Youse blokes would never guess who was standing behind me just now in McDonalds. Mamdou Habib! AR
    Good to see you queuing for a real healthy breakfast Amiel!

What happened to all the flamewars and supposedly importance? Countless weeks and precious weekends have been wasted and all for the sake of the last word and hot air. Did anyone learn anything? Was anything achieved? Anyone on their deathbeds would have given fortunes for all the precious time wasted on these wars.

What happened to Howard?
    Last edited by antichrist; 30-10-2006 at 01:59 PM.

Anyone keeping an eye on elections in US? I think Schwarzenegger put out the best line so far. "I just love doing sequels," he said!

AR

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Anyone keeping an eye on elections in US? I think Schwarzenegger put out the best line so far. "I just love doing sequels," he said!
    Yeah, it looks like the Republicans have lost Virginia (they are 7000 votes behind) which means they've lost control of the Senate as well and Shrubby will limp out the last two years as an even lamer duck than Clinton.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    Yeah, it looks like the Republicans have lost Virginia (they are 7000 votes behind) which means they've lost control of the Senate as well and Shrubby will limp out the last two years as an even lamer duck than Clinton.

My favourite was Nancy Pelosi calling Bush about 6 beautiful adjectives including shallow (should have included childish and immature).

But they have already bombed the shit out of Iraq and international law that they are supposed to rebuild the infrastructure if they knock it out. This they have failed to do and may depart without doing so - so that is another crime.

What I don't like about it all is that they were warned by skeptics before they went it that all this civil war could happen and breakdown of authority.

USA helped put Saddam in, helped him to fight Iran, pretended they would turn a blind eye if they took over Kuwait to get oil to pay for Iranian war bill to USA etc, bombed the shit out of Iraq for invading Kuwait, bombed the shit out of it again now and are now pissing off as if nothing had happened. And they wonder why Arab terrorists come about.
    Last edited by antichrist; 10-11-2006 at 02:52 PM.

Do you think maybe Crikey is just a bit over enthusiastic? This from today's email:

"Dear Squatters,

The collateral damage inflicted by this week’s US mid-term elections is beginning to look almost as horrific as a street scene after a Baghdad bombing. The President has been humiliated, the Republicans have lost control of both houses of Congress and the Defence Secretary has been blasted out of his bunker."

AR

Well Gough could make the Earth move!

Banned Hydra
    My friend and I have a bet. He says that Captain Jack Sparrow from the Pirates of the Carribean movies only says this line in Pirates 2 and not the original:

Captain Jack: I love those moments, I love to wave at them as they pass me by.

However, I am confident and bet that I heard Captain Jack say it in the original as well as the sequel.

Does anyone know who is right?

Sorry, my only interests are sex and politics.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilD707
    Put your money on me guys!
    .............The problem is that I really don't have time for all the crap that goes down here and really spending the best part of your time day in day out, as do KB and BG, crapping on like a couple of pork chops infatuated with the sound of their own voices ... that's not much of a life is it??

Phil.

But you weren't around when Bill was playing hopscotch between UCJ and here, he was as crazy as Martin Luther, we had to hide him from the pick up van from the funny farm, he was certainly overdue for that place.

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    But you weren't around when Bill was playing hopscotch between UCJ and here, he was as crazy as Martin Luther, we had to hide him from the pick up van from the funny farm, he was certainly overdue for that place.
    Incorrect.
    I never posted on UCJ.
    You were the clown who was jumping between here and there.
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.
    Mos Eisley spaceport The toolbox. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos
    Incorrect.
    I never posted on UCJ.
    You were the clown who was jumping between here and there.
    But I was enjoying myself immensely and the UCJ crowd loved your posts over there and what about when they went belly up I devoted a whole thread on Matt's board praising you - those were the days.

And I had a go at the chessmums for crying poor every tourney, I don't think Mischa ever forgave me.

You were obsessed with UCJ as Martin Luther was about dying!

Thread Information