Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Off-topic Bin

Hybrid View

Off-topic Bin

This thread is for responses that may be considered to be off-topic but a spin off that may be interesting, relevant, irreverent etc., so check frequently and you may be plesantly surprised.

A reason stated for my barring was that I made racist and sexist comments, I never made such postings and am willing to PM anyone who wishes to know the content of my barred postings.

CC Grandmaster
    Sounds like a good thread

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    A reason stated for my barring was that I made racist and sexist comments, I never made such postings and am willing to PM anyone who wishes to know the content of my barred postings.
    I am sure people would disagree with you on that point, and I am not just taking about the administrators who banned you for it!

KB in MOd decisions

Arrogant-One has asked why his ban did not expire yesterday, four weeks after it was imposed. The board has autoban options including three weeks or one month so I auto-banned him for a month. I originally intended to lift this ban manually when his four weeks expired, but decided not to on account of him posting while banned (he signed up an account and made a post immediately after being banned.)

In only extending his ban by three days when normally posting while banned leads to a ban being doubled at least, I took into account that it was probably just a rash impetuous act immediately after being banned, and that if he persisted beyond that we have no firm proof of it (although we do have our suspicions ... )

God KB, you sound like those RLF pseudo lawyers talking about accumulated points, suspended penalities whilst on parole, aggravated penalties for offending whilst on good behaviour bonds etc etc.

JUST DO IT - YOU DON'T HAVE TO JUSTIFY YOURSELF TO ANYONE - ONLY THE ONE UP ABOVE

Any more of this and the banned one will be complaining about getting a sermon about the rules before, whilst and post banned.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    God KB
    Please do not insult me by comparing me to God ever again.

, you sound like those RLF pseudo lawyers talking about accumulated points, suspended penalities whilst on parole, aggravated penalties for offending whilst on good behaviour bonds etc etc.
    That's probably true. That's just the way it goes.

Any more of this and the banned one will be complaining about getting a sermon about the rules before, whilst and post banned.
    Naaah, he lurrrrrrves it. He sent me an email asking why he was still banned - thought I'd just make it public so he couldn't do a beatup about it when he got back.

Boris from Bizarre Position thread

Appears to be an illegal position. For white to get the doubled pawns like that he must have made 2 captures. At least 15 black pieces are visible, therefore illegal position.

A/C
    It is due to the queen dropping one just like Pope Joan dropped one whilst on a religious procession, was stoned to death for her special delivery -they thought she was a male or knew and hid the fact so could enjoy themselves behind the confessional.

This thread is for responses that may be considered to be off-topic but a spin off that may be interesting, relevant, irreverent etc., so check frequently and you may be plesantly surprised.
    Any chance of a move in our game?
    meep meep

Quote Originally Posted by Boris
    Any chance of a move in our game?
    I have 2 whole months of Sydney Morning Heralds to still catch up on, but will have a go tomorrow. I have a lot of previous pressure off me now and been permitted back on BB again, but don't be surprised if barred again before can draw my gun.

I have 2 whole months of Sydney Morning Heralds to still catch up on, but will have a go tomorrow. I have a lot of previous pressure off me now and been permitted back on BB again, but don't be surprised if barred again before can draw my gun.
    I'm not asking for you to write a thesis - a move won't take too long surely?
    meep meep

Quote Originally Posted by Boris
    I'm not asking for you to write a thesis - a move won't take too long surely?
    Just remembered I am without a chess set, my ones at home are still behind the piano, I still have a sore shoulder so can't move the piano, I am not going home until mid-week, I don't like 2 D of BB but will persist with a move tomorrow, promise.

time limits

Ad for the Mackay Open states "game over in one hour", was it guillotine finish?

An intriguing read about the Arctic Sea. Was it really hijacked?

AR

Jesus Christ! When I started reading this article I thought it was in the US. It turned out to be in Victoria!

What are these racial tensions down there all about? Apart from this, there's also the Indian situation (which we briefly had in Sydney, too, and not far from where I live).

AR

Quote Originally Posted by arosar
    Jesus Christ! When I started reading this article I thought it was in the US. It turned out to be in Victoria!

What are these racial tensions down there all about? Apart from this, there's also the Indian situation (which we briefly had in Sydney, too, and not far from where I live).

AR
    that Sudanese one a reactionary politician tried to blame on the Sudanese as to why they should be denied refugee status. It blew up in his face.

There is a strong chance that it may be my mob responsible for Indian problem.

Thread Information