13 15.48%
  • Addicted and disgustipated.

4 4.76%
  • Addicted and loving it!

8 9.52%
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    3 WEEKS

AND LOVING IT!
    There is no cure for leftism. Its infestation of the host mostly diminishes with age except in the most rabid of specimens.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeL
    I wanna know why Bert appears to be naked. I hope you haven't cut Ernie out of the picture. On second thoughts I don't want to know. Welcome back Howard ! Are you still of the smokes ?
    Cheers
    George.
    Yes mate. Tuesday 15 Aug will be 28 days - 4 weeks - the big bandango - happy howie holiday - the magic mile - congratulations corner - reasons to be cheerful and so on and so forth.

I am trying to limit my updates. SWAMBO has advised me that my "feeling geeeeeeeeeeeeerd" rhetoric is a 7 out of 10 on the FG7 annoying scale. That means you guys and the guys at work will have maxed out the full potato long time ago. I think this is what Magic Michael Baron was referring to. I'm sorry if I were too enthusiastic.

Soooooooo, my plan was to check in daily for the first coupla days/ weeks. Weekly for the first coupla weeks. Monthly for the first coupla months and then let it go.

So it all good in the hood, thanks George!
    Last edited by Basil; 13-08-2006 at 11:57 PM.
    There is no cure for leftism. Its infestation of the host mostly diminishes with age except in the most rabid of specimens.

4 WEEKS

AND LOVING IT!

No more progress updates for at least a month - promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirty
    1 year, 8 months, 14 days, 12 hours, 7 minutes, and 59 seconds. And in every one of those seconds every molecule in my lungs craved the rush of a single draw.

No, just kidding. It was quite easy for me after about 6 weeks.
    Passed the 6 week mark 30 minutes ago

Good onya Howie !

8 WEEKS

OH YEAH!
    I feel like a new man ... just toddle off and get one ... NTTAWWT ... don't get excited ... just messin' with words ...
    but if I weren't ... that'd be OK too!
    Last edited by Basil; 14-09-2006 at 11:01 PM.

Congratulations Howie - keep it up.

um - I notice you past six weeks only nine days ago and now you passed eight.

Remind me never to get you to work out my bank interest !!

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeL
    um - I notice you past six weeks only nine days ago and now you passed eight. Remind me never to get you to work out my bank interest !!
    I really wished you hadn't said that! Oklie Doklie...
    Had my last sausage at midnight'ish on Tue 18th July.
    Anthony as born 10'ish Wednesday 19th July.
    When I posted "6 weeks milestone", I was figuring on 19th Spetmber being
    two months = 8 weeks. Therefore subtracting 14 days (two weeks) from 19th Sept gave me 6 weeks!
    Turns out (as we all know) that 1 month does not equal 4 weeks.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    End of week 1 was midnight Tue July 26
    End of week 2 was midnight Tue Aug 01
    End of week 3 was midnight Tue Aug 08
    End of week 4 was midnight Tue Aug 15
    End of week 5 was midnight Tue Aug 22
    End of week 6 was midnight Tue Aug 29
    End of week 7 was midnight Tue Sep 05
    End of week 8 was midnight Tue Sep 12

Glad you asked!

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Duggan
    I really wished you hadn't said that! Oklie Doklie...
    Had my last sausage at midnight'ish on Tue 18th July.
    Anthony as born 10'ish Wednesday 19th July.
    When I posted "6 weeks milestone", I was figuring on 19th Spetmber being
    two months = 8 weeks. Therefore subtracting 14 days (two weeks) from 19th Sept gave me 6 weeks!
    Turns out (as we all know) that 1 month does not equal 4 weeks.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    End of week 1 was midnight Tue July 26
    End of week 2 was midnight Tue Aug 01
    End of week 3 was midnight Tue Aug 08
    End of week 4 was midnight Tue Aug 15
    End of week 5 was midnight Tue Aug 22
    End of week 6 was midnight Tue Aug 29
    End of week 7 was midnight Tue Sep 05
    End of week 8 was midnight Tue Sep 12

Glad you asked!
    I can follow that,
    I can follow that,
    did you work all that out without looking at Stonehenge ?

Alrighty then HD,ive finally got the time to post up on your poll and heres the secret the sprouty has learned on this subject.First off I smoked a good long times, like started as a teen and was up to like two packs a day by 20. then like i quit for a year,cold turkey !!! got into a car crash and found myself buying a pack to settle my nerves down :S I told myself that i wont smoke as much,only a pack a day for like a couple more years. I quit again cold turkey- remember this was well before any patches and well before they put on the packages the warnings-LOLOLOL. After That I did great for 5 years,got a new girlfriend who smoked :S One Day we were riding & she gave me a cig to hold for her while she ran into a store for some beer :C grrrrr !!!!! poof all of a sudden by morning i was smoking again- geez- Sprouty with no will power - grrrr. this went onz for a couple more years til i broke it off with her. and i found out that there was other things that make it harder to quit. So Called "Triggers" (Cat posted up )alcohol and bars,address the triggers first and quit them- before you can give up smoking. Beer and a ciggy go hand-in-hand I quit drinking first and going to bars- then i gave up smoking again cold turkey. Geuss what- i started up again,GRRRRRR :C I knew that cold turkey doesnt work for me- so i decided to just cut down. First thing i did was get a new pack(20) and took 10 out and layed em on my nightstand- those were my daily intake-(1 for wake up/-1 for shower/-3 for breakfast-lunch & dinner/ 2 for drive into work,drive home/ 1 for breaktime/ one when i got home from work and one for bedtimes = 10 ) stayed on this level for one whole year. Then i went to 5 cigs a day (2 for wake up and bedtimes/3 for the meals ) stayed at that level for a year. Then went down to 3 cigs for the meals and stayed there for 6 months- I then stepped down to 2 cigs for wakeup and bedtimez- at this point i stayed at that level for 6 months. After That i just quit-Stepped right off- and Today Ive been clean now for well over 14 years- YEAA ! Finally got that monkey off me back,took quiting the triggers first. Then cut your intake down by 1/2 and stay on those levels for long timez- cause your body needs the nicotine and dont think that you can just quite cold turkey. The relapses are very discouraging- and patches are not as easy as they say. Try the level approach for sure success HD Stay on those levels for long timez- its a gradually thang to step down, I thought i was strong enough for cold turkey-hehe- poof monkey got me again - so the step down method finally worked for me. I taught myself that,nobody ever told me that method- and to this day nobody is pushing that way. They want you to try products-etc- big $ So like Ahh, Fresh air for 14 yrs feels good, wont ever go back now- just the thought makes me sick- i cant even get around ppl smoking - i get asthma attacks (pyscho )
    -Sprouty
    Last edited by littlesprout85; 18-09-2006 at 08:50 PM.

Thanks Sprouts. I've been off for less than that, but Cold Turkey has worked for me so far. I've had a few triggers to dodge - but I reckon I've got it sussed.

I too found there were things in life that stopped the giving up process dead in its tracks. For you it was the cutting down method - I have a colleague who did it that way - for me, I just had to build up a a serious loathing for them - self hypnosis perhaps.
    Last edited by Basil; 18-09-2006 at 09:10 PM.

Welcome to disgustipated bucket, Ian!

32 votes ... any advance on 32 votes ... step right up people ... don't be shy ... get involved and share the humanity ... this is chess at its richest ...

CC International Master Bereaved's Avatar

as good as it gets

Hi Howard,

I don't like your poll options, so shall just say that I am a smoker, but have no x-step like plan to end it at the moment, though would like to think that it will happen before too long.

And that I am afraid is the response to your poll, that will be provided by me, so hope that makes you content,

Take care and God Bless, Macavity

Thanks for the effort, Mac. Its still not a vote, but you are in good company. Boris and Jessop proved equally unhelpful

I have been happy to make ammendments on the run and now include the miscellaneous option "Smoking - Any Other Than Social" as part of "Addicted and Loving It"

Thread Information