Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    CC International Master four four two's Avatar

Antichrists greatest feats sf. Chess sayings and advice

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    Reminishing, my two defeats of champs were with knight mates at beginning of middle game. They are the ballerinas. Another saying:

Knights are the ballerinas of chess.
    Who were these so called "champs" and do you still have the scoresheets?
    Is reunification possible?..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i82PBpw2Vg0

Quote Originally Posted by four four two
    Who were these so called "champs" and do you still have the scoresheets?
    They were social games, one witnessed by the entire Townsville Chess club in 1971/2/3 whilst waiting for the tournament to begin. It was my first night and I did not know who I was playing. It took him about 15/20 minutes to resign even though it was mate. I got very angry at waste of time and blasted him to spectators, only to be told that he was state champ as of two weeks earlier.

Another one also has witnesses, he had just won the NSW title and we bet $10, and I had already had one beer. I managed to get a draw and he refused to play again - so got laughed at by spectators.

There is another I now remember that I have a photograph of the board at mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind
    Whenever I read a AC post it reminds me of this one...

Chess is a validation of stupidity - Totalle Le Vezfleaux
    And this is the guy who is supposed to have me on ignore but bars me for my posts, thereby proving the lie!!

Lightbulb You still havnt answered the question about being 1800...

They were social games, one witnessed by the entire Townsville Chess club in 1971/2/3 whilst waiting for the tournament to begin. It was my first night and I did not know who I was playing. It took him about 15/20 minutes to resign even though it was mate. I got very angry at waste of time and blasted him to spectators, only to be told that he was state champ as of two weeks earlier.

Another one also has witnesses, he had just won the NSW title and we bet $10, and I had already had one beer. I managed to get a draw and he refused to play again - so got laughed at by spectators.

There is another I now remember that I have a photograph of the board at mate.
    And their names were?....

And their names were?....
    I did not get the name of the Qld champ but was one of those years, either 1971 or 1972. As Townsville may have been North Qld champ instead?

I could name the NSW champ but don't like to embarrass him, goes back 30+ years also.

Also include a City of Sydney champ amongst them - that makes four. Also won't name due to embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Antichrist
    I got very angry at waste of time and blasted him to spectators
    Is that somewhere between 'buggery' and 'the middle of last year'?
    There is no cure for leftism. Its infestation of the host mostly diminishes with age except in the most rabid of specimens.

AC,your highest rating was?....

I did not get the name of the Qld champ but was one of those years, either 1971 or 1972. As Townsville may have been North Qld champ instead?

I could name the NSW champ but don't like to embarrass him, goes back 30+ years also.

Also include a City of Sydney champ amongst them - that makes four. Also won't name due to embarrassment.
    Cough up the names...dont spare their blushes....

Cough up the names...dont spare their blushes....
    Re highest rating, I never had a rated game till 25 years after those top games.

Had an extremely busy life.

I gave the game up completely for about 6-7 years as my only ambition was to beat a certain champion, upon doing so I retired from chess. But won sufficient prizes etc to make it worthwhile the comeback.

CC Grandmaster
    AC, unless you are able to produce the names of the players and the scoresheets from the games, I will never believe you've ever been able to give a good game to a master-level opponent. Enough of "entertaining stories". Similarly to your postings in "Blood on the Hands" thread, you are making some big statements but are not able to produce any evidence whatsoever. So show us the games...or crosstables from the tournaments you won...or else lets close the matter and move on .

P.S. beating grandmasters in casual games (e.g. on the internet or social blitz is not a big deal) it is tournament victories that count. When playing socially, strong players often do not concentrate at all. I have beaten Shirov and Polgar on the Internet but I do not see it as something to be proud of ...blitz is blitz...Its tournament victories that matter!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron
    AC, unless you are able to produce the names of the players and the scoresheets from the games, I will never believe you've ever been able to give a good game to a master-level opponent. Enough of "entertaining stories". Similarly to your postings in "Blood on the Hands" thread, you are making some big statements but are not able to produce any evidence whatsoever. So show us the games...or crosstables from the tournaments you won...or else lets close the matter and move on .

P.S. beating grandmasters in casual games (e.g. on the internet or social blitz is not a big deal) it is tournament victories that count. When playing socially, strong players often do not concentrate at all. I have beaten Shirov and Polgar on the Internet but I do not see it as something to be proud of ...blitz is blitz...Its tournament victories that matter!
    What you say usually is correct but when the player refused to play again under ridicule well that is the exception. I can send the names off privately but I expect people to take me at my word. Also when a big audience watching like in Townsville (whole tournament held up) well I don't expect the champ to take the game lightly and lose face.

I consider I answered the BOH questions in my big sweeps but it didn't sink in - though intending to re-visit when not busy. Also I don't like repeating though sometimes do.

CC Grandmaster
    AC, if you are a good chess player - play some tournaments so your results and rating show evidence that you can play. Casual games are never taken seriously....particularly when there is a Master vs. a patzer...for a Master, such games are meaningless while the patzer usually tries his best.

But isn't all of this off-thread. Maybe they will do a split titled A/C the Champ

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron
    AC, if you are a good chess player - play some tournaments so your results and rating show evidence that you can play. Casual games are never taken seriously....particularly when there is a Master vs. a patzer...for a Master, such games are meaningless while the patzer usually tries his best.
    In one of my first tournaments (maybe the first) I won 3 Greatest Upset awards including the top one. I should have picked up a fourth against Lloyd Fell but let him off.

I won the Ukrainian Chess Club Championship defeating Ivanchuk's uncle whom I had not beaten in about 18 years. I also defeated an ex-Keiv Uni champ to win that title. Also an ex- Polish lightning champ in that comp. I won the most improved player for Canterbury Leagues Chess Club, previous winner Kerry STead, next winner George Xie. Taking into consideration I only played heavily for about 2 seasons that was not too bad.

I had Agulto on the ropes in the big FAirfield comp and let him off. WAs two pawns, position and 10 minutes better to endgame. I seen 5 out of 6 respnses, I was concerned not to get behind in time as sometimes do against champs. Later George Xie showed me how I could have easily held out - I exchanged once too often. And I remember JPW was often coming over to check the game out. So I have my pride - as well my school teams defeated those of ex-Aussie Champs. So you can't batter me down.

God you are asking me to boast further. Lloyd Fell used to always bring in problems to tease the champs with. Well I beat Agulto and Xie in solving one of them - earlier George had commented "What do you know about chess, you only teach children!"
    Last edited by antichrist; 06-07-2006 at 06:21 PM.

I won the Ukrainian Chess Club Championship defeating Ivanchuk's uncle whom I had not beaten in about 18 years.
    You didn't. You came second. Remember how you consoled yourself with that goat. I still have the photograph.

Any more stretches like that will find you discredited.
    There is no cure for leftism. Its infestation of the host mostly diminishes with age except in the most rabid of specimens.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Duggan
    You didn't. You came second. Remember how you consoled yourself with that goat. I still have the photograph.

Any more stretches like that will find you discredited.
    If you are referring to him, he got diabetes, gangrene, had his leg amputated and then died poor chap. He was a very deep thinker. In that game he threw the board with pieces over me. My first chess baptism .

CC Grandmaster
    But isn't all of this off-thread. Maybe they will do a split titled A/C the Champ

In one of my first tournaments (maybe the first) I won 3 Greatest Upset awards including the top one. I should have picked up a fourth against Lloyd Fell but let him off.

I won the Ukrainian Chess Club Championship defeating Ivanchuk's uncle whom I had not beaten in about 18 years. I also defeated an ex-Keiv Uni champ to win that title. Also an ex- Polish lightning champ in that comp. I won the most improved player for Canterbury Leagues Chess Club, previous winner Kerry STead, next winner George Xie. Taking into consideration I only played heavily for about 2 seasons that was not too bad.

I had Agulto on the ropes in the big FAirfield comp and let him off. WAs two pawns, position and 10 minutes better to endgame. I seen 5 out of 6 respnses, I was concerned not to get behind in time as sometimes do against champs. Later George Xie showed me how I could have easily held out - I exchanged once too often. And I remember JPW was often coming over to check the game out. So I have my pride - as well my school teams defeated those of ex-Aussie Champs. So you can't batter me down.

God you are asking me to boast further. Lloyd Fell used to always bring in problems to tease the champs with. Well I beat Agulto and Xie in solving one of them - earlier George had commented "What do you know about chess, you only teach children!"
    Very impressive: i could beat agulto only "if" .....so what was your highest rating ever?...You have your pride, thats for sure..but i guess no chess results to back up your pride

By the way who is Agulto? I have never heard of such grandmaster or international Master

Thread Information