Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 56
  1. #16
    Account Permanently Banned PHAT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Wollongong
    Posts
    4,254
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    I can think of three already off the top of my head and i dont know many girls at the top end of australian chess. But one of them I would not want to groupie with
    Be careful mate. The sisters might acuse you of branding all the others as bushpigs. wwwwwwww, big trub.

  2. #17
    CC Grandmaster Alan Shore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Crane, Poole & Schmidt
    Posts
    3,871
    Perhaps someone could organise a special event, or run it in a magazine article: "Chess's most eligible bachelors and bachelorettes"
    "I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
    - White Queen, Alice through the Looking-Glass

  3. #18
    CC International Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Western Sydney
    Posts
    1,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Dickinson
    Perhaps someone could organise a special event, or run it in a magazine article: "Chess's most eligible bachelors and bachelorettes"
    or what about a naked calender of chess players - male and females?

    Other sports like League have done it.

    Any volunteers? we only need 12 - one for each month of the year
    Always do your Best

  4. #19
    CC Grandmaster Alan Shore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Crane, Poole & Schmidt
    Posts
    3,871
    Hehe, calendar, great idea! How many of you would buy one you reckon? For calendar auditions, send a photo and a brief summary of your chess achievements, hehe.
    "I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
    - White Queen, Alice through the Looking-Glass

  5. #20
    CC International Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Western Sydney
    Posts
    1,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Dickinson
    Hehe, calendar, great idea! How many of you would buy one you reckon? For calendar auditions, send a photo and a brief summary of your chess achievements, hehe.
    well it is not as silly as it seems

    you only need 12 people to agree to pose naked

    and people buy all sorts of things - I for one will buy a naked calender of matt just for the amusement value

    remember people buy magazines of pregnant women, S&m etc etc - so the naked calender does not need to be of good looking chess players
    Always do your Best

  6. #21
    CC resident nutcase Trent Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Picton, The Dilly, NSW
    Posts
    2,936
    Quote Originally Posted by arosar
    Vera Papadopoulou
    Sophie Milliet
    Regina Pokorna
    Bosboom-Lanchava
    Zehra Topel

    I wouldn't mind being a groupie for one of 'em lemme tell ya.

    AR
    Never heard of them.
    Found Regina and Zehra on chessbase. What about the others.
    GO THE DRAGONS!
    GO Western Sydney Wanderers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski's signature
    God exists. Short and to the point.
    This is the reason I do not wade into religion threads.

  7. #22
    CC Grandmaster arosar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,046
    Quote Originally Posted by tparker
    Never heard of them.
    Found Regina and Zehra on chessbase. What about the others.
    Mate, if you can't bloody find 'em with CB - there's no hope for ya. Try harder.

    AR

  8. #23
    Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The multiverse
    Posts
    21,570
    Quote Originally Posted by arosar
    Mate, if you can't bloody find 'em with CB - there's no hope for ya. Try harder.
    Do or do not. There is no 'try'.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

  9. #24
    CC FIDE Master Duff McKagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    711
    Haha, this whole thread could indicate the reason why there are no groupies The money theory probably has a bearing, but consider what is a groupie and what does a groupie want? Until chess is more prestigious in Australia, I doubt whether the current situation will change. Personally I don't care, why let some groupie take part in your glory or status? M.O.B.

  10. #25
    CC International Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Western Sydney
    Posts
    1,441
    Quote Originally Posted by DuffMcKagan
    Haha, this whole thread could indicate the reason why there are no groupies The money theory probably has a bearing, but consider what is a groupie and what does a groupie want? Until chess is more prestigious in Australia, I doubt whether the current situation will change. Personally I don't care, why let some groupie take part in your glory or status? M.O.B.
    in some sports, groupies are a perk of the job. This is true for music groups as well

    I agree that whilst money has a lot to do with it, the other factor is not prestige but FAME

    The reason that there are groupies is that they want to have sex with someone famous. It is irrlevent if it is a music group, tv anchormen, politicans or sport stars.

    If chess is famous, then we will have groupies, as night follows day
    Always do your Best

  11. #26
    CC FIDE Master Duff McKagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    711
    chesslover wrote: "in some sports, groupies are a perk of the job."

    If you say so. They could also just be annoying cling-ons who need to be swatted away.

  12. #27
    CC International Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Western Sydney
    Posts
    1,441
    Quote Originally Posted by DuffMcKagan
    chesslover wrote: "in some sports, groupies are a perk of the job."

    If you say so. They could also just be annoying cling-ons who need to be swatted away.
    well obviously not for people like magic Johnson, WiltChamberlin and rock bands like Gun "n" Roses. They can be annoying but they can also be enjoyable
    Always do your Best

  13. #28
    CC Grandmaster Garvinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    13,087
    Quote Originally Posted by chesslover
    well obviously not for people like magic Johnson, WiltChamberlin and rock bands like Gun "n" Roses. They can be annoying but they can also be enjoyable
    im sure kobe bryant agrees with you right now :p

  14. #29
    CC International Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Western Sydney
    Posts
    1,441
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    im sure kobe bryant agrees with you right now :p
    but there is a difference between consensual sex and non sensensual sex

    That is true in non sport life, as in sport life. As long as it is consensual there is nothing wrong with people having sex.

    But where it is non consensual, it is wrong and it is rape. That is true in sports as in general life
    Always do your Best

  15. #30
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by chesslover

    The reason why there are no male groupies for female stars, to the same extent that there are female groupies for male sports stars is based on our evolutionary past. Males are genetically as a general rule, programmed to sleep with as many females as possible as part of the genetic code to ensure the survival of the human species
    Doesn't sound very christian to me CL!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •