Clarification, pliss

Dear Squad

I had cause to say "F***ing Hilarious" in the Word Games thread. I was advised by someone looking after my hide, that such verbiage might result in very bad things. The word was spelled in full.

I opined that such an excited utterance was more than allowable under the circumstances, as it was clear that the mirth of the moment had overtaken me. The comment was clearly directed at the world and in good humour.

I edited the post nontheless and would appreciate a definitive ruling for 'ron.

Cheers
    H
    Last edited by Basil; 19-05-2006 at 09:21 AM.
    There is no cure for leftism. Its infestation of the host mostly diminishes with age except in the most rabid of specimens.

This place is like commo China. You can say whatever you like as long as you do not criticise the government.

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    This place is like commo China. You can say whatever you like as long as you do not criticise the government.
    Careful. FG has fantasies about such set-ups. Even says so in his profile.

Do I need to get a second opinion? I think yes.
    There is no cure for leftism. Its infestation of the host mostly diminishes with age except in the most rabid of specimens.

CC International Master ElevatorEscapee's Avatar
    Ummm... polite request that you self censor by putting an asterisk in one of the words in the quote marks in your first sentence (and I don't mean H*larious!)

Some may have a field day...
    "On my chess set, all the pawns are Hamburglers" ~ Homer Simpson.

Quote Originally Posted by ElevatorEscapee
    polite request that you self censor ...
    If this is something you would like observed for your own sensibilities, it would be my pleasure to comply.

Sigh... I am sorry Howard, but I did try my best to warn you.

Goodbye Howard, it was sort of nice knowing you... hope we get a chance to meet again sometime in the future.

I have enjoyed your posts, and think they have been far more constructive than those of certain others in equivalent positions.

Take care.

Sigh... I am sorry Howard, but I did try my best to warn you.

Goodbye Howard, it was sort of nice knowing you... hope we get a chance to meet again sometime in the future.

I have enjoyed your posts, and think they have been far more constructive than those of certain others in equivalent positions.

Take care.
    Huh? Is there a funeral I don't know about? Does the bell toll for me?

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderation Rules
    * No swearing or excessive crudity. Some latitude is shown in mild cases but there is a low tolerance for crude/vulgar abuse towards other posters, particularly those who are relatively new to the board.
    Generally we will just edit out occasional instances of swearing and only apply warnings or bans if posters are persistent.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

Thanks for the clarification, Kevin.

it was sort of nice knowing you
    Damn Straight.

hope we get a chance to meet again sometime in the future.
    The pleasure would be all yours. JK.

Nayy, higher!

Right back at ya, mate, but Big Kev's on the job and the world continues to spin

Big Kev has his hand on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Duggan
    ... Nayy, higher!...
    Yes, you are absolutely correct on that score. The search function is your friend for finding posts from 2004.

Right back at ya, mate, but Big Kev's on the job and the world continues to spin
    Big Kev's hand is as to the spin of the world as Warney's hand is to a cricket ball.

PS Kev, before you ask, feel free to use that one as a sig line.

Thread Information