Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    CC International Master Rhubarb's Avatar

Round 11 Australian Championship

Since it's April going on May, why don't you be interesting for once, Garvin and tell us what should have happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by gg
    ...maybe round eleven from 2006 Australian Championships as well.
    What are the pairings?

What actually happened?

What should have happened?

Why were certain arbiters influenced by non-arbiters (who had an 'interest' in the matter)?

Why were other arbiters so gutless as to agree?

Why, why, why? Well it's not your fault, gg, but you do seem to know.
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 25-04-2006 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by greg
    Since it's April going on May, why don't you be interesting for once, Garvin and tell us what should have happened.

What are the pairings?

What actually happened?

What should have happened?

Why were certain arbiters influenced by non-arbiters (who had an 'interest' in the matter)?

Why, why, why? Well it's not your fault, gg, but you do seem to know.
    Hello Greg,

I do believe that there has been plenty of discussion previously on the pairings for round 11 of the Australian Championship and how they came about. I have had a look and cant seem to find the threads about it, can someone else find it.

Also I do recall Jason Lyons and Bill Gletsos posting about this matter.

If they cant be found to save me a heap of posting, I will write a bit about it. I might even give Bill's calculation method ago for the first time

What I can say though quickly is that Bill's method wasnt used at all for any of the pairings AFAIK.
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 25-04-2006 at 03:25 PM.

We're talking about the change to the two top boards in particular and how board 1 appeared to be a walk in the park?

Who are these non arbiters?

And the following gutless arbiters are Bekker, Lyons, Zworestine?

AR

Quote Originally Posted by arosar
    We're talking about the change to the two top boards in particular and how board 1 appeared to be a walk in the park?
    yes, especially in relevance to the other pairing of Rogers-Goldenberg, Smerdon-Song

And the non arbiter is?

Also, ask FM Igor Goldenberg if there was something "special" of the last round of Doeberl. But that is for another discussion.

AR

Quote Originally Posted by arosar
    And the following gutless arbiters are Bekker, Lyons, Zworestine?

AR
    In particular, not Lyons. Make a point of that.

Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    yes, especially in relevance to the other pairing of Rogers-Goldenberg, Smerdon-Song
    This is false. Rogers was never paired by SP to play Goldenberg.

The comparative pairings can be seen in http://www.chesschat.org/showpost.ph...0&postcount=27
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.
    Mos Eisley spaceport The toolbox. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Hello Bill,

Can you describe the pairing system in the last round, with particular attention to the top two boards, and did this differ from the previous rounds and why?

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos
    This is false. Rogers was never paired by SP to play Goldenberg.

The comparative pairings can be seen in http://www.chesschat.org/showpost.ph...0&postcount=27
    Thanks Bill. I was getting there

You have posted the pairings from the different programs already, so I dont need to now

Quote Originally Posted by greg
    Hello Bill,

Can you describe the pairing system in the last round, with particular attention to the top two boards, and did this differ from the previous rounds and why?
    The post I quoted above shows the diferences between SP rounds and how the rounds were played.
    The manual pairing of Round 7 was in my opinion wrong. Six of the 14 boards were wrong.
    The manual pairing on boards 12 & 13 made in round 9 was in my opinion correct. SP had it wrong.

Round 11 was a complete mess. The manual pairings are in my opinion simply wrong.
    Last edited by Bill Gletsos; 25-04-2006 at 03:26 PM. Reason: grammatical correction
    Mos Eisley spaceport The toolbox. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Account Shoutbox Banned antichrist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    Thanks Bill. I was getting there

You have posted the pairings from the different programs already, so I dont need to now
    GG, you disappoint me. I was just beginning to think you may be a heavy as Greg was backing off but then you throw in the towel once BG come on the scene. Are you trying to get on ACF?

The question remains, both the programs asked it.

Why did Charles Zworestine ask Cathy Rogers (not an arbiter) for her opinion on the last-round draw? Why did he agree with her? Why did the other arbiters cave in and agree with him? Why did Lyons get outvoted as an arbiter?

Why on earth did any idiot with any kind of sense of fair play agree to such a farcical last-round draw?
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 25-04-2006 at 03:43 PM.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    I missed much of the discussion on this at the time, so once more with feeling (or point me to the relevant previous discussion) : was the pairing change in round 11 triggered by a complaint, and if so by who and on what basis?
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    GG, you disappoint me. I was just beginning to think you may be a heavy as Greg was backing off but then you throw in the towel once BG come on the scene. Are you trying to get on ACF?
    well you can be disappointed ac.

I am not throwing in the towel at all. I was wrong in my memory, something I was sure to find out later today as I was constructing the pairings for both sp and sm5. Bill had already done them previously, so no need to waste my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    I missed much of the discussion on this at the time, so once more with feeling (or point me to the relevant previous discussion) : was the pairing change in round 11 triggered by a complaint, and if so by who and on what basis?
    http://www.chesschat.org/showpost.ph...8&postcount=81

Thread Information