ACF needs Secretary and Olympiad Appeal Co-ordinator

Hi all,

Over the last year or so I've noticed quite a few people here with lots of energy devoted to the BB.

Some of you could consider taking on either the Secretary's job or that of Olympiad Co-ordinator.

This is the time for persons not up to their neck with chess administration to step up and ease the load on those of us who are.

Either email me on PM or call me on 0414841575.

George Howard
    President ACF

Quote Originally Posted by george
    Hi all,

Over the last year or so I've noticed quite a few people here with lots of energy devoted to the BB.

Some of you could consider taking on either the Secretary's job or that of Olympiad Co-ordinator.

This is the time for persons not up to their neck with chess administration to step up and ease the load on those of us who are.

Either email me on PM or call me on 0414841575.

George Howard
    President ACF
    This seems like a great opportunity for two BB regulars (Arosar and Chesslover) to actually contribute towards Australian Chess and fill these two vacant positions (instead of arrogantly and smugly telling everyone else how things should be done). Looking at their number of posts (FAR more than mine!), they obviously have plenty of free time available. To my knowledge at present they do not contribute anything towards chess admin.

So, how about it, Arosar and Chesslover? Here is an excellent opportunity for YOU to contribute something USEFUL to Australian chess!
    Last edited by Paul S; 18-02-2004 at 11:58 AM.

Listen here Paulie...don't be a [deleted] OK. You're a top bloke - but sometimes mate you act out a bit. First of all, I don't want anything to directly to do with the ACF meself. And second, shall I send you my credit card bill so you know how much a I contribute to Australian chess?

And third, if you can write me a 15,000 word essay on International Monetary Fund and its role in global trade and the problems presented by the current quota system of voting, properly referenced using Harvard, citing no less than 20 book and journal articles, original analysis - maaaate , I MIGHT just consider. Can you do this for me?

AR
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 18-02-2004 at 04:10 PM. Reason: remove "dickhead"

Quote Originally Posted by arosar
    Listen here Paulie...don't be a [deleted] OK. You're a top bloke - but sometimes mate you act out a bit.
    Yes, Amiel, you too are a top bloke (except on some occasions on this BB)!

Yes, I'll admit I sometimes get carried away on this BB :p ,although I don't think that this is one of those times.

First of all, I don't want anything to directly to do with the ACF meself.
    Neither do I, as I am presently "doing my bit" in Chess Admin with two Sydney Chess Clubs, although admittedly I do far less than "Australian Chess Admin Superheroes (IMHO!)" like Kevin Bonham, George Howard, Paul B, Bill Gletsos, Norm Greenwood, Bob Keast (2001-2002), Peter Cassetari etc etc.

And second, shall I send you my credit card bill so you know how much a I contribute to Australian chess?
    AR
    Is this really a contribution to Australian Chess? Or a contribution to a chess retailer?

And third, if you can write me a 15,000 word essay on International Monetary Fund and its role in global trade and the problems presented by the current quota system of voting, properly referenced using Harvard, citing no less than 20 book and journal articles, original analysis - maaaate , I MIGHT just consider. Can you do this for me?
    AR
    I don't have the time to write 1000 word essays, let alone 15000 word essays!

Anyway, I don't see the relevance of it to my original suggestion - namely that because you (and Chesslover) have a lot of free time on your hands (and are currently not doing anything in Chess Admin) that therefore you (and Chesslover) should take up these two vacant ACF positions!
    Last edited by Paul S; 18-02-2004 at 08:51 PM.

Hi All ,

Comon you lot dont rush me all at once - isnt there anyone or group who would like to consider taking on one of these roles. They require organisational skill and as much time as you can agree with ACF Council.

One of the ideas to be looked at at the April Workshop that is being run the day before D Cup. What is actually required of a good chess administration to Benefit Senior and Junior Chess in Australia.

If you really want to DO something in Australian Chess NOW is THE TIME!!!!!

George Howard
    Last edited by george; 20-02-2004 at 01:37 PM.

comeon Ladies and Gentlemen,

Its been a month since I called for an ACF Secretary. If someone doesnt do the job its very very problematic whether the ACF can carry on in any form. I am NOT going to do it so unless someone else does ACF has a real problem continuing past the next Council Meeting.

I am not too worried about the position of Olympiad Appeal Co-ordinator for if no-one else does it I will take on that role very very reluctantly BUT the Secretary's job has to be filled by someone else in the NEXT WEEK or so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards
    George Howard
    President ACF

Thread Information