Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilD707
    Conveniently, as so often before, missing the point and dodging the issue.
    Your credibility in this area is zero as you have continually dodged responding to more posts on this board than anyone.
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.
    Mos Eisley spaceport The toolbox. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos
    Your credibility in this area is zero as you have continually dodged responding to more posts on this board than anyone.
    big call, there have been many post dodgers

Anyone who abuses me in a public forum without disclosing his identity to me personally will have to accept being labelled a coward.
    I put it to you that your acquaintance Bergil is a coward.
    What is your goal on this forum Phil? You started with an agenda against the mods, and now appear to be systematically pissing everyone else off too. Are you just lobbing hand-grenades on here is an attempt to create some chaos, or are you trying to bring your standing in the chess community down?
    meep meep

Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    big call, there have been many post dodgers
    Most of those were evasive of individual posters, not multiple posters. Also they were not being hypocrites by calling others evasive while evading answering themselves.
    Mos Eisley spaceport The toolbox. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

CC FIDE Master

Anyone who abuses me in a public forum without disclosing his identity to me personally will have to accept being labelled a coward.
    I put it to you that your acquaintance Bergil is a coward.
    When has he abused you? I'm not saying he hasn't, just don't know where.
    Also, you claimed to have asked him nicely once, it would be good to know where that was.
    No one is a coward just because you label them one.
    Dyslexics of the world untie

Quote Originally Posted by EGOR
    Havent you noticed that Phil is prone to label people and when it backfires on him he fails to retract.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Duggan
    For the record, Bergil is no coward. He has never hidden his identitty. Your line is wrong.
    Your remark is inconsistent with reality.
    As a relative newcomer I don't know who he his.
    I have explained this now on more than one occasion.
    If he wants to throw insults in my direction without revealing to me who he is then in my book the boy's a coward.

To be honest, in any case, I have lost interest in SBB.
    I mean its not as if he has anything to say is it?

Havent you noticed that Phil is prone to label people and when it backfires on him he fails to retract.
    Haven't some of us also noticed that Kevin's offsider is prone to dribbling too?

Your remark is inconsistent with reality.
    No. Your remark is inconsistent with reality. You are yet to show how B has hidden his identity when it is well known.
    You have admitted you are the newcomer; that you are yet to get up to speed is your problem, not Bergil's.
    To accuse him of being a coward exacerbates your lack of credibility.
    There is no cure for leftism. Its infestation of the host mostly diminishes with age except in the most rabid of specimens.

Quote Originally Posted by EGOR
    When has he abused you? I'm not saying he hasn't, just don't know where.
    Also, you claimed to have asked him nicely once, it would be good to know where that was.
    He called me a hypocrite.
    This was the entire text of the message - just "You hypocrite" in letters about an inch tall.
    Don't know which thread it was in, maybe it was deleted, but there's another reference to it in one of his posts on page 4 here.
    Somehere else earlier on, he put the slipper in out of the blue, and at the time I asked who he was.
    There was no response.
    I am sure that I could track these down if you really wish but I am hoping that you will rely on my honesty at least until someone else comes along to say something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Duggan
    No. Your remark is inconsistent with reality. You are yet to show how B has hidden his identity when it is well known.
    You have admitted you are the newcomer; that you are yet to get up to speed is your problem, not Bergil's.
    To accuse him of being a coward exacerbates your lack of credibility.

The boy just has to tell me his name mate.
    Its that easy.

Yeah, right on! Bill never retracts any of his labels - Phil , why can't you be more like Bill? I'm damned sick of these retractions. When Bill calls someone a goose, they stay a goose.

And another thing, your type-face is too close together. What's with that font? you really seem to be trying to get under my skin, Phil! Do you know what it's like for a forty-odd without reading glasses to get through those italics?

And another thing, I don't know where the hell Burnie is! If it's near Launceston, then why not say so? instead of making up some obscure name!

And another thing, I reckon you're not punctuating properly. I counted 3 paragraphs with apostrophe's missing. Bill never misses apostrophe's cos' he never uses them.

And why can't you use more of those funny faces so Bill understands what you're saying? As far as we're concerned, ironic humour is some strange metallic smell, so keep it deadpan.
    Last edited by Cat; 19-09-2006 at 11:15 PM.
    Power comes from the barrel of a gun.

CC International Master

The lad is ?

Quote Originally Posted by The hypocrite

Its that easy.
    S-h-a-n-e B-u-r-g-e-s-s, got it?
    No this is silly, the whole premise is silly and very badly written. I'm the senior officer here and I've not had a funny line yet so I'm stopping it.

Sydney International Open

Parramatta Chess Club

Manchester United - In decline since 92!

Quote Originally Posted by Boris
    What is your goal on this forum Phil? You started with an agenda against the mods, and now appear to be systematically pissing everyone else off too. Are you just lobbing hand-grenades on here is an attempt to create some chaos, or are you trying to bring your standing in the chess community down?
    I am going to give this question a fair answer even though I suspect that it is posed more in provocation than any real desire for understanding.

My goal is an idealistic one.
    I aim to demonstrate to the users of this board that the general standards of filthy language and/or abusive behaviour here are NOT acceptable on Australia’s leading Chess Chat Forum and that the main contributors to the problem are the moderators who either condone such behaviour passively or actively participate in it.
    This forum belongs to the general community of Chess players including children and females. Instead it is a place where adolescent male behaviour rules and drives out, by its aggression, the more moderate elements of the community.

To take a random example, the pseudonym AntiChrist is entirely inappropriate for a public forum. To someone of a catholic background this name is deeply offensive and there are very many Catholics in Australia.
    I don’t criticise AC (whoever he is), for choosing the name, rather I condemn the moderators for allowing it, and very much more.

So the short answer is: -
    Stand by to get “pissed off” and while certain foul mouthed individuals, such as yourself, may not appreciate my efforts and may feel that I am losing “standing” in this boy’s club that you have hijacked, I am quietly confident of my standing in the real world Chess community and the real world in general.

I would like to see people like Starter, Jenni, Libby and Shaun posting here again but I fear the place needs cleaning up a bit before you will be able to coax them back.
    Hope that answers your question.
    Phil.

Its that easy.
    I'm not having a go at you in this post, Phil. I am just pointing out that referring to someone as "boy" as I did once brings on the wrath of 442. Apparently its condescending.

He may have a point. Either way, I have to tell you because the chances of 442 pulling anyone up on anything (whose name isn't Howard Duggan) are non existent
    There is no cure for leftism. Its infestation of the host mostly diminishes with age except in the most rabid of specimens.

Thread Information