Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimReaper
    I do not understand your play on words in the above post.
    The point is that in the past Bill's careless spelling and poor grammar have made his posts difficult to understand from time to time.
    That is to say that there is a demonstrated lack of competence on his part in written communication skills which, as you might imagine, would be a serious liability for the moderator of a public forum.

In this case the use of the adjective "total" is pointless.
    It adds nothing to the meaning of his statement hence it is bad grammar.
    It's only a little thing but from small acorns ....

Quote Originally Posted by PhilD707
    The point is that in the past Bill's careless spelling and poor grammar have made his posts difficult to understand from time to time.
    What Phil means GrimReaper is that because Phil is comprehension challenged, he has problems understanding things that the average individual on here has no problems comprehending.
    Put that together with his aversion to facts and evasiion at answering questions, then you can see him for what he truly is.
    That is to say that there is a demonstrated lack of competence on his part in written communication skills which, as you might imagine, would be a serious liability for the moderator of a public forum.
    The only one demonstrating a lack of competence on here is you.
    Actually a person could be a hypocrite some times and not at others.
    Unfortunately for you your some times are virtually all the time.
    You really shouldnt talk about your brain like that.
    Last edited by Bill Gletsos; 17-09-2006 at 08:40 PM. Reason: fixed quote tag
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.
    Mos Eisley spaceport The toolbox. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Phil, you're realing losing the plot mate.

If you had asked Bergil for his identity nicely, I suspect that he would have obliged you. I don't blame him if he chooses not to do so now that you have been an arse.

If your criticisms of posters here have been reduced to pointing out typo's, probably time for you to bow out of the argument. It is quite petty, and your posts certainly contain their fair share of such errors.

For instance, take "It adds nothing to the meaning of his statement hence it is bad grammar." as an example. I'd like to see a "," after "statement", or if you are going for a little more flair, even go all out for the ";".

Oh, and by the way, having an open sentence like your last leaves you open for cheap shots such as "... squirrels live."
    meep meep

CC International Master ElevatorEscapee's Avatar

An Apology

This thread reminds me of something I once read from the insert of the D-Generation album "The Satanic Sketches":

An Apology:
    "It has been brought to our attention that the latest D-Generation album [the Satanic Sketches] contains several references to a Mr Gordon Bainbridge of Balmain, NSW, that may be construed in a derogatory context. In particular, the phrase "pox ridden old pedarist" could, in certain circumstances, reflect a slur on the character of Mr Bainbridge. The D-Generation would like to categorically withdraw all such remarks and apologize unreservedley for any distress caused to the old c***.

Another Apology:
    In the previous apology, it woud appear that the D-Generation referred to Mr Gordon Bainbridge of Balmain, NSW in a manner not totally befitting his station in the community as a respected and law abiding citizen. For this the group apologizes wihtout qualification.
    Even though he is a pr***.

Yet Another Apology:
    We're sorry Bainbridge you a***hole.

"On my chess set, all the pawns are Hamburglers" ~ Homer Simpson.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    This is coming from someone who doesn't even consistently use apostrophes correctly.

If you were in any position to lecture about that, you would have put a comma after "statement".

In any case your claim is wrong.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ElevatorEscapee
    This thread reminds me of something I once read from the insert of the D-Generation album "The Satanic Sketches":

An Apology:
    There have actually been defo cases in which an "apology" that draws further attention to the original defamatory claim (even while "retracting" it) only exacerbates the original offence.

CC International Master ElevatorEscapee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    There have actually been defo cases in which an "apology" that draws further attention to the original defamatory claim (even while "retracting" it) only exacerbates the original offence.
    Please don't tell that to Mr Gordon Bainbridge of Balmain, NSW (that *****)!
    "On my chess set, all the pawns are Hamburglers" ~ Homer Simpson.

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Hypocrite
    Well you are a dirty boy aren't you?
    No, I wash regularly.
    And I still don't know who you are do I?
    Because as I pointed out earlier your an ignoramus who is so friendless on here that you can’t ask them.
    I would like you to spell it out for me please SBB and to make this easier for you please fill out the following: -
    My pseudonym is bergil (aka SBB) and my real name is

I live under a rock at

Thanking you in advance for you honesty Phil.
    No can do but even your delusional mind could follow the links to my identity.
    Last edited by bergil; 17-09-2006 at 11:53 PM.
    No this is silly, the whole premise is silly and very badly written. I'm the senior officer here and I've not had a funny line yet so I'm stopping it.

Sydney International Open

Parramatta Chess Club

Manchester United - In decline since 92!

Quote Originally Posted by Boris
    Phil, you're realing losing the plot mate.

If you had asked Bergil for his identity nicely, I suspect that he would have obliged you. I don't blame him if he chooses not to do so now that you have been an arse.

If your criticisms of posters here have been reduced to pointing out typo's, probably time for you to bow out of the argument. It is quite petty, and your posts certainly contain their fair share of such errors.

For instance, take "It adds nothing to the meaning of his statement hence it is bad grammar." as an example. I'd like to see a "," after "statement", or if you are going for a little more flair, even go all out for the ";".

Oh, and by the way, having an open sentence like your last leaves you open for cheap shots such as "... squirrels live."

I have asked "nicely" for Bergil's identity before.
    I think the person we are talking about would appear to be a fairly gutless individual whoever he is.
    Maybe I am better off not knowing.

We all make typos and lots of people post material that is not entirely clear.
    My point with Bill is that he is more careless than most and in addition his grammar is sometimes a bit off to say the least.
    Put these together and you have a moderator with a communication problem as has been demonstrated previously.
    Its no big deal - he just needs to be more careful.

As for you Mr. Boris you need to wash your mouth out with soap for using the sort of language that you did above.

As for you Mr. Boris you need to wash your mouth out with soap for using the sort of language that you did above.
    After you.
    meep meep

CC FIDE Master

I think the person we are talking about would appear to be a fairly gutless individual whoever he is.
    Sorry, you're just wrong. I wish you people would get over this identity stuff.
    We all make typos and lots of people post material that is not entirely clear.
    My point with Bill is that he is more careless than most and in addition his grammar is sometimes a bit off to say the least.
    Put these together and you have a moderator with a communication problem as has been demonstrated previously.
    Its no big deal - he just needs to be more careful.
    Again, you're just wrong. Sorry, you're wasting our time with this stuff.
    Dyslexics of the world untie

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    This is coming from someone who doesn't even consistently use apostrophes correctly.

If you were in any position to lecture about that, you would have put a comma after "statement".

In any case your claim is wrong.
    Conveniently, as so often before, missing the point and dodging the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by EGOR
    Sorry, you're just wrong. I wish you people would get over this identity stuff.

Anyone who abuses me in a public forum without disclosing his identity to me personally will have to accept being labelled a coward.
    I put it to you that your acquaintance Bergil is a coward.

For the record, Bergil is no coward. He has never hidden his identitty. Your line is wrong.
    There is no cure for leftism. Its infestation of the host mostly diminishes with age except in the most rabid of specimens.

Anyone who abuses me in a public forum without disclosing his identity to me personally will have to accept being labelled a coward.
    More importantly you have shown you are a hypocrite by your language in this thread.
    I put it to you that your acquaintance Bergil is a coward.
    Who cares what you put to anyone, you troll. Your hypocrisy is on show in this thread for all to see.
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.
    Mos Eisley spaceport The toolbox. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Thread Information