Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    This Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is a joke... as bad as if not worse than Kim Jong Il.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...50-401,00.html
    "I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
    - White Queen, Alice through the Looking-Glass

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Belthasar
    This Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is a joke... as bad as if not worse than Kim Jong Il.

That maybe true but if Indoneasia had the bomb dam sure we'd want one too!
    No this is silly, the whole premise is silly and very badly written. I'm the senior officer here and I've not had a funny line yet so I'm stopping it.

Sydney International Open

Parramatta Chess Club

Manchester United - In decline since 92!

Quote Originally Posted by Belthasar

Can get voted out, hasn't starved his people, doesn't have nuclear weapons, less monuments to himself... nutter that he is, he's not quite as bad as Kim Jong Il.
    http://www.peterballard.org

So why should Iran not have a nuclear capability?

AR

CC International Master four four two's Avatar

Lightbulb No nukes for me please...

The question should be "Why should anyone have a nuclear capability?"

CC International Master Kaitlin's Avatar
    to make electricity - Sweden has heaps - and they have a really big mine like thing under ground km's down to put the waste
    .. this Caketin is full of little spiders and watermelon seeds.....

..Chess is all about fear and psychology

..Chess is like an exam..... you havent studied for

..If you're good at Chess it means you are very intelligent and could potentialy do great things
    ..... but that you might have wasted that playing way too much chess

Account Permanently Banned Axiom's Avatar

ides

iran will be attacked by march

The Sun is the greatest source of power we know...

Thats a bit optimistic dont you think Axiom.
    Unless you think they are going to use biochemical/nukes on them.

The americans cant even handle a country like Iraq with about 20 million, Iran has over 70 million people.

Kaitlin,there are many ways to produce enough energy for humanity.
    Nuclear is one of the worst options,the enevitable nuclear waste is going to be a major hassle for thousands of years.

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by four four two
    Nuclear is one of the worst options,the enevitable nuclear waste is going to be a major hassle for thousands of years.
    Sorry mate, it is not true at all. After oil, gas and other natural resources are gone this is the only option humans are left with. Hydro and Solar energy are peanuts. Recycling is also not a serious option.

I do not agree about the second point as well. I believe in physicists (well, I used to be one long time ago). There will be a way to deal with the waste.

CC International Master
    Thats a bit optimistic dont you think Axiom.
    Unless you think they are going to use biochemical/nukes on them.

The americans cant even handle a country like Iraq with about 20 million, Iran has over 70 million people.

I'm not convinced the Americans are the ones Iran are worried about...

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...55E663,00.html
    Last edited by Lucena; 13-12-2005 at 11:43 PM.

CC International Master Rhubarb's Avatar
    Well I thought I'd start by pointing out the obvious to fawfie: the sun's power is nuclear energy.

One day, the cretins will stop voting for the planet-raping Texas oil f...wits and we'll have to look to alternatives.

As Kaitlin says, the Scandinavian countries (as usual) are leading the way, showing us all how to deal with nuclear waste in a safe manner. Don't get me wrong, you can't have half-arsed countries doing this shit - no expense can be spared.

Bob Hawke's recommendation that Australia has a moral duty to harbour nuclear waste may well be the greatest thing he has ever done.

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy...geiger counters dont hehe

Greg/Keg, I would like to point out the obvious...the Sun's average distance from the Earth is 150million km.

I agree with you that stable countries like Australia with big open unpopulated areas should be housing the existing nuclear waste.

The problem is when every developed country starts producing nuclear waste,then where do you put the massive stockpiles of waste?

To me the more logical approach would be energy MANAGEMENT,as opposed to the developed worlds approach which is "Give me more and now!"

One thing I would like to point out as well is that France and Germany are some of the biggest producers of nuclear waste in Europe ,and yet they are not prepared to store nuclear waste on a long term basis in their own countries.

Greg/Keg, I would like to point out the obvious...the Sun's average distance from the Earth is 150million km.
    Well, yes, but my point was that the sun is the source of all our energy - and it is nuclear. There seems to be an entrenched hysteria amongst the populace whenever the n-word is mentioned (much like the word 'terrorism').

I agree with you that stable countries like Australia with big open unpopulated areas should be housing the existing nuclear waste.
    Right, plus it's smack-bang in the middle of a tectonic plate.

The problem is when every developed country starts producing nuclear waste,then where do you put the massive stockpiles of waste?
    Countries like Canada and Australia would easily be able to handle all of the world's nuclear waste.

To me the more logical approach would be energy MANAGEMENT,as opposed to the developed worlds approach which is "Give me more and now!"
    Energy MANAGEMENT??? The Club of Rome told the developed world in the early 70's that they were already on the cusp of screwing things up irrevocably. More than 30 years later, they're still voting for people like Bush and Howard.

One thing I would like to point out as well is that France and Germany are some of the biggest producers of nuclear waste in Europe ,and yet they are not prepared to store nuclear waste on a long term basis in their own countries.
    Well I don't particularly like the policies of countries like France and Germany. Do you? As I said, the Scandinavian countries are showing how it's done - and Australia is the best place for its implementation.
    Last edited by Rhubarb; 13-12-2005 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by greg
    the sun's power is nuclear energy.
    Ban it, ban it NOW! Oh, hang on, I'm in Melbourne ... we're not that familiar with the sun down here ...
    “As you perhaps know, I haven't always been a Christian. I didn't go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don't recommend Christianity.” -- C.S.Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty
    Ban it, ban it NOW! Oh, hang on, I'm in Melbourne ... we're not that familiar with the sun down here ...
    Yes, we know all about your incessant drizzle and sinister sky.

Thread Information