View Poll Results: Which party will you be voting for in the federal election?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • ALP

5 50.00%
  • LIB/NAT Coalition

1 10.00%
  • Democrats

0 0%
  • One Nation

0 0%
  • Other

4 40.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Australian Politics

At this stage, who will you most likely vote for in this year's Federal election?
    "I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
    - White Queen, Alice through the Looking-Glass

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    I reckon you should change "Democrats" to "Greens" in the poll, the Greens will outpoll the Dems nationwide by a hefty margin this time.

Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    I reckon you should change "Democrats" to "Greens" in the poll, the Greens will outpoll the Dems nationwide by a hefty margin this time.
    Yes, but will the Democrats outpoll One Nation?
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Cox
    and some independants will win seats too

Account Shoutbox Banned antichrist's Avatar

Voting twice

How come I was able to vote twice for other parties? I tried thrice, wanting to pump up One Nation but the so and so cease and desisted me

CC International Master
    you are correct

the greens will be the biggest party outside the ALP and the coalition, and may even hold the balance of power in the Senate

The greens already have one MP in the House - something that the Dems could never ever do.

I would expect the Dems to be almost wiped out - as the entry of latham has energised the ALP and will lead to people who deserted the ALP flocking back.

Me I will not vote till closer to the date. I like latham a lot, and as Howard's spectacular "flip flop" on superannuation shows he has landed a big powerful blow on Howard. However Howard is promising tax cuts, and as well he has supported President Bush on the war on terror. But on the other hands Howard has behaved disgracefully in locking up refugees, pandering to ethonol producers, and in not supporting medicare.But then again Howard has made ASIO and other security agencies more power so that we can be safer from terrorists...I will wait till I decide

When I first voted in 1987 I voted for Hawke, then in 1990 Peacock, then in 1993 Keating, then in 1996 Keating, then 1998 Howard and 2001 Howard - so I have swung between both parties (3-3).

In fact was it not for the security issue, I would not have voted for Howard in 2001 and would not be seriously considering voting for him again this year. I suspect most people are like me, in that Howard is a "safe" option in these troubled times. Also before latham I would have voted for Dr Bob Brown for I admired the way he stood up to President Bush and the Chinese leader (even though I hate Brown's policies and how he insulted my President Bush). But with latham, I think the ALP has got someone with a passion and intellect to be one of the greatest leaders in our history

Similarly for the state elections I voted for the Libs in 1988 and 1991, and ALP in 1995, 1999 and 2003

and in local councils, I have always voted for independents as they are more likely to vote in the best interests of the community, than party hacks who follow orders from the state headquarters
    Always do your Best

Now Just Think For One Minute

You would think that after the recent cooperation the USA got from Australia with respect to the war for Iraqi "liberation" there'd be moves to have Australia annexed thus making Howard or Latham a governor of the 51st or 52nd or whatever US state.

We'd then be able to merge any Australian Politics threads with the US Presidential Election thread.

eclectic

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by eclectic
    You would think that after the recent cooperation the USA got from Australia with respect to the war for Iraqi "liberation" there'd be moves to have Australia annexed thus making Howard or Latham a governor of the 51st or 52nd or whatever US state.

We'd then be able to merge any Australian Politics threads with the US Presidential Election thread.

eclectic
    what about the UK? they provided more help for President Bush in the waron terror than us?

Also so did Poland- it seems that they are the most pro-US country in Europe (after Blair's UK of course)

So we would probably have to line up behind these 2 countries :p
    Always do your Best

Quote Originally Posted by chesslover
    what about the UK? they provided more help for President Bush in the waron terror than us?

Also so did Poland- it seems that they are the most pro-US country in Europe (after Blair's UK of course)

So we would probably have to line up behind these 2 countries :p
    We might be able to jump the queue if ...

1) the UK becomes preoccupied with waiting for the queen* to die

* or if she lasts as long as her mother the waiting is then for charlie to die

2) Poland is more concerned with watching an ailing Pope in Rome with a view to seeing if in the event of his death he might be succeeded by another Pole

pure cyberpolitical speculation of course

:p

eclectic

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Cox
    This will depend on how big a campaign the Democrats run and whether they field candidates in most electorates or not. If they field in most seats I think they will do so, at least in the Senate, because the Dems still have a solid one or two percent in most places, whereas One Nation are only on the radar in a few little pockets and basically flatlining everywhere else.

It is a given that both parties will perform abysmally.

CL - if it is a half-senate election and not a double dissolution the Dems will remain a force as four of their senators will not face re-election.

CC Candidate Master
    Looks like you're all a bunch of lofty lefties, ChessLover aside. Maybe poll should have Greens as an option, since they'll probably beat Dems and one nation.
    cheers - paulb

Quote Originally Posted by paulb
    Looks like you're all a bunch of lofty lefties, ChessLover aside. Maybe poll should have Greens as an option, since they'll probably beat Dems and one nation.
    i thought that was a given after the political compass results

CL - if it is a half-senate election and not a double dissolution the Dems will remain a force as four of their senators will not face re-election.
    which four arent up for re-election?

There is no chance of a double dissolution election, now that the coalition is on the run over mps superannuation. Call me a cynic :p , but when crean was alp leader, howard couldnt threaten dd quick enough, now that latham has become alp leader, I havent heard the words, dd, at all. Did all those mystery triggers suddenly disappear

Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    which four arent up for re-election?
    Don't remember which four it is offhand but I do know that they won Senate seats in WA, SA, VIC and QLD last election. They lost to the Greens in NSW and sank without a trace down here.

Call me a cynic :p , but when crean was alp leader, howard couldnt threaten dd quick enough, now that latham has become alp leader, I havent heard the words, dd, at all. Did all those mystery triggers suddenly disappear
    There is a lot to be said for being a cynic.

The results of the QLD State Election have been finalised - a crushing victory to the ALP.

Party %vote seats won

ALP 47.2% 63
    NAT 16.6% 15
    LIB 18.5% 5
    GRN 6.6% 0
    ONP 4.9% 1
    OTH 6.2% 5
    "I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
    - White Queen, Alice through the Looking-Glass

Thread Information