View Poll Results: Did CL's multiple self nominations make the BB prizes a farce

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he is a goose and opened the whole thing up to ridicule

6 24.00%
  • No

12 48.00%
  • I dont care, the whole idea of BB prizes is stupid

7 28.00%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

multiple self nominations a farce

Lets see what everyone feels about this.

I think more to the point that if there is a prize for best post, why would 5 nomintions be allowed. Okay if there are 2 prizes, allow 2 nominations etc, I do not care whether they or self nominations, or praising the thoughts of your peers, just cut down how many people can nominate, or it starts to appears as spam.

chmod -x /bin/chmod
    Bill stop creating these shitty voting threads. Seriously, the prize is probably not worth the effort. Just buy CL a copy of "The idiots guide to Chess" and say its his "prize" - End Story

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeo
    Bill stop creating these shitty voting threads. Seriously, the prize is probably not worth the effort. Just buy CL a copy of "The idiots guide to Chess" and say its his "prize" - End Story
    I think it would be useful to have a facility to flag threads to be ignored, in the same way as users can be flagged. Items such as the numerous 2003 Best Post threads, which are now bordering on spam, could then be happily continued by the six people who care without irritating those who don't.

chmod -x /bin/chmod
    Yes you can ignore threads - just dont read it or open it!

Account Permanently Banned PHAT's Avatar
    Yes you can ignore threads - just dont read it or open it!
    Jeo is correct - even if he thinks ignoring specific posters should be a one of the bells and whistles.

Frankly, this whole self-nomination fracas is plain boring. Bill, shut up; CL, shut up; and, as we all know, "One dog barks and the rest start barking." So, everyone else shut up too.

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Sweeney
    Jeo is correct - even if he thinks ignoring specific posters should be a one of the bells and whistles.

Frankly, this whole self-nomination fracas is plain boring. Bill, shut up; CL, shut up; and, as we all know, "One dog barks and the rest start barking." So, everyone else shut up too.

mr swEEnEy

i think what you arE looking for is zymotic

thE HUNK

CC International Master
    thank you arosar

but since you have to nominate the prize to a chess activity, I will give the book to maybe the NSWJCL to teach juniors
    Always do your Best

CC International Master
    Bill, given the fact that a massive MASSIVE 80% of those who cared about the best BB post 2003, have supported my position and rebuffed and repudiated you, will you now give up the inquisition against the multiple posts,and admit that you have made a VERY BIG 'MISTAKE' and move on?

This massive endorsement is depite your cunning "push polling"to have a leading quwstion in an attempt to make people say yes - shame shame shame Bill, but the BB posters are more smarter than you give them credit for. yetanother "mistake" supreme leader

And finally even the wise, thoughtful, respected, beloved, admired and knowlegable Paul B, has endorsed my position on multiple posts - going so far as to implicitly state that even 10 multiple posts would be no problem.

So game over ? at least learn from this "mistake"okay, and rule over us wisely from this point on :p (that is sarcasm by the way)
    Always do your Best

Quote Originally Posted by chesslover
    Bill, given the fact that a massive MASSIVE 80% of those who cared about the best BB post 2003, have supported my position and rebuffed and repudiated you, will you now give up the inquisition against the multiple posts,and admit that you have made a VERY BIG 'MISTAKE' and move on?
    Firstly you have 8 votes thats 61.54% not 80%. On that basis I doubt you will ever get a job as a poll counter except maybe in Florida.

This massive endorsement is depite your cunning "push polling"to have a leading quwstion in an attempt to make people say yes - shame shame shame Bill, but the BB posters are more smarter than you give them credit for. yetanother "mistake" supreme leader
    You must be joking 13 votes out of the Bb membership is insignificant.

And finally even the wise, thoughtful, respected, beloved, admired and knowlegable Paul B, has endorsed my position on multiple posts - going so far as to implicitly state that even 10 multiple posts would be no problem.
    Paulb's opinion is just that his opinion.
    If he thinks 10 self nominations are ok then I'm sorry hes a goose.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    I am surprised by these results, I would have thought that with the question of allowing self-nomination at all evenly split, the question of whether multiple self-nomination is farcical could be expected to record a yes vote. It will be interesting to see if this turns around with more voting, if not, it would appear that this thread has backfired. A few more "no" votes and chesslover will be insufferable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    I am surprised by these results, I would have thought that with the question of allowing self-nomination at all evenly split, the question of whether multiple self-nomination is farcical could be expected to record a yes vote. It will be interesting to see if this turns around with more voting, if not, it would appear that this thread has backfired. A few more "no" votes and chesslover will be insufferable.
    I'm guessing that some of those who voted no in the self nomination poll have either not voted in this poll or have voted that it is stupid.

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos
    Firstly you have 8 votes thats 61.54% not 80%. On that basis I doubt you will ever get a job as a poll counter except maybe in Florida.

You must be joking 13 votes out of the Bb membership is insignificant.

Paulb's opinion is just that his opinion.
    If he thinks 10 self nominations are ok then I'm sorry hes a goose.
    oh dear...you scertainly seem to be "mistake" prone these last couple of days huh?

I said "80% of those who cared about the best BB post 2003" voted for me and not you - that excludes teh ones who did not care about the BB. I most certainly hope your maths skills in deriving the ratings have less "mistakes" than counting up the numbers of a simple poll like this!

13 BB members voting in a poll is a lot in terms of BB polls. Most BB polls struggle to reach double digits

Paul B as one of the most loved, admired, respected, knwoledgable and wisest persons in the BB has a lot of credibility, and is an "influence maker". His endorsement and backing carries a lot of significant weight among the denizens of this BB. For you to call him a goose, is a serious "mistake"

Since every time you post, you seem to be making more and more "mistakes", why dont you take a break from this whole self nomination saga as clearly you have been outthought and outwitted, and just call it a day, admit you are WRONG ( I will even accept an admission of "mistake" and let it go at that ok?) and just move on to another topic?

80% of the people who care have voted, and I think it is time you respected BB demoracy, and people power!!! This is depsite your hysterical witchhunt agansit self nomination (which failed) and now against multiple posts(which is clearly failing).

Oh dear
    Always do your Best

oh dear...you scertainly seem to be "mistake" prone these last couple of days huh?

I said "80% of those who cared about the best BB post 2003" voted for me and not you - that excludes teh ones who did not care about the BB. I most certainly hope your maths skills in deriving the ratings have less "mistakes" than counting up the numbers of a simple poll like this!

13 BB members voting in a poll is a lot in terms of BB polls. Most BB polls struggle to reach double digits
    Well then CL if 13 is significant then 17 is more significant poll.
    And the majority of those 17 think that self nomination should NOT be permitted.
    This therefore is in direct contrast to this poll.

What this can only mean is that although it appears that the majority dont believe your multiple posts are a farce the majority do believe that self nominations should not be allowed at all.

Paul B as one of the most loved, admired, respected, knwoledgable and wisest persons in the BB has a lot of credibility, and is an "influence maker". His endorsement and backing carries a lot of significant weight among the denizens of this BB. For you to call him a goose, is a serious "mistake"
    Well currently the majority of believe there should be no self nominations at all. Therefore his endorsement doesnt seem to carry that much weight.
    Mind you if he isnt careful hes going to have to go to hospital to have your nose surgically removed from his ass.

Since every time you post, you seem to be making more and more "mistakes", why dont you take a break from this whole self nomination saga as clearly you have been outthought and outwitted, and just call it a day, admit you are WRONG ( I will even accept an admission of "mistake" and let it go at that ok?) and just move on to another topic?
    The only person continually making mistakes is you CL.

80% of the people who care have voted, and I think it is time you respected BB demoracy, and people power!!! This is depsite your hysterical witchhunt agansit self nomination (which failed) and now against multiple posts(which is clearly failing).
    If I am to respect democracy then according to the poll of allowing self nominations at all, the majority believes they shouldnt be allowed.

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    As a person who closely follows US Presidential poltics, I can make some points that will explain this 80% repudiation of Bill's stance;

1. The majority of people are evenly split on self nomination - that is true, and in normal circumstances you would expect that the multiple post poll to be at least slightly against multiple posts

2. However our Supreme Leader turned it into a nasty fight by personalising it - he said if I had turned it into a farce by posting numerous times. This charcter attack, has resulted in some sympathy votes coming to me

3. Supreme Leader, then tried to make it a leading question by expanding on the Yes answer. However the BB voters were sick of being talked down to, and were too smart to be taken by his version of "push polling". In retaliation they voted against him.

4. Finally they see this as an attempt by Supreme Leader to push his views on others, especially when someone stands up to him. From the best post 2003 thread, to the waffle on best post 2003 thread, to how to nominate the best post 2003 thread, to should self nomination be allowed thread, to the best prize of 2003 thread to this multiple post 2003 thread, Supreme Leader has tried to crush all dissent to his views that self nomination should not be allowed.

This has backfired, and this poll vote is ominious indication that the BB masses are revolting against what they see as the heavy handed authoritarian tactics of Bill

5. The powerful and influential endorsement of the wise and much loved paul B, has also turned the tide against Bill.

6. Bill has been in a constant state of denial and defeat like Howard dean in this issue. First he fought against the entire best post 2003 prize and lost. Then he fought against self nomination and lost. Then he fought for an appeal right to the self nomination ruling and lost. Now he is fighting agsint the mutliple self nomination, and as the BB people have stated so far clearly, is currently losing.

This is Bill's last fight on this issue. Vote against him, and Vote No, and this will be the end of Bill. Like Dean, he will have to face reality and quit.

Vote Yes, and he will then try to step by step reclaim the battles he has lost - appeal against self nomination, no self nomination allowed and no prize for best post 2003

BB people have a chance to end this once and for all. Vote No in this poll and this whole "mistake" ridden saga will be over. Evil Bill will be overthrown!! :p
    Always do your Best

Thread Information