Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Jones
    I am very happy for Australian players to win FIDE titles. In fact I want more aussies to play chess and win titles. If we had 100,000 players and 100 FIDE Grandmasters then I would be over the moon.

But maybe you are too old, inactive and set in your ways to understand that chess is for everybody and not just for you and your elitist mates!
    I don't mind having 100 grandmasters - as long as they have gm strength and earned their titles

CC International Master
    It could be a good idea to give a "prize" each year to the weakest FM and IM.Whom would people nominate for the 2005 award?

Quote Originally Posted by drug
    It could be a good idea to give a "prize" each year to the weakest FM and IM.Whom would people nominate for the 2005 award?
    I take it this would be an Australian only award ie the winners must have AUS next to their federation status?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Jones
    I am very happy for Australian players to win FIDE titles. In fact I want more aussies to play chess and win titles. If we had 100,000 players and 100 FIDE Grandmasters then I would be over the moon.

But maybe you are too old, inactive and set in your ways to understand that chess is for everybody and not just for you and your elitist mates!
    Shouldnt we be working on getting players up to the 2300 rating required for a genuine fm title, rather than devaluing the fm title? This goes for the other titles as well that I have bitched and moaned about as well.

Quote Originally Posted by leonid Sandler
    Hello Brian,
    About my international master title.I have scored 3 im norms.In 1994 I have won Australian masters Championship with result of 9,5 points from 11 games,in the same year I have scored 6,5 points out of 11 games in Gunadarma University international tournament in Indonesia and if my memory serves me right it was category 6 or 7 tournament.In 1996 I have scored my last norm in Chess Olympiad in Erevan with 7 points from 10 games with performance rating of 2459 in Category 4 tournament.
    Can you please inform everyone how many IM norms you have recorded since you received your IM title? Also can you please inform everyone when you recorded these 'extra' norms?

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    I take it this would be an Australian only award ie the winners must have AUS next to their federation status?
    Well, you probably can include people like myself (people who live in Australia but for some administrative reasons are not considered to be Australian), but as you know I do not have any titles.

Well, you probably can include people like myself (people who live in Australia but for some administrative reasons are not considered to be Australian), but as you know I do not have any titles.
    The administrative reason is that you havent informed fide in writing that you want to change your federation status to Australia. It is probably in your best interest to stay with RUS next to your name as in Australia we need players from other federations for fide title tournaments

CC Grandmaster
    Can you please inform everyone how many IM norms you have recorded since you received your IM title? Also can you please inform everyone when you recorded these 'extra' norms?
    What's that got to do with anything? Players don't need IM norms once they have recieved the title!

You're not having a go at Leonid are you Garvin? Can't have that now ... he's a member at Croydon ...
    “As you perhaps know, I haven't always been a Christian. I didn't go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don't recommend Christianity.” -- C.S.Lewis

CC International Master WhiteElephant's Avatar
    Wow, that is some spiteful comment. Do you have some agenda against Leonid?

CC International Master
    The administrative reason is that you havent informed fide in writing that you want to change your federation status to Australia. It is probably in your best interest to stay with RUS next to your name as in Australia we need players from other federations for fide title tournaments
    Yep, this is pretty much what Garry told me in Brisbain. Because of that I miss out on an opportunity to get easy titles in the Zonals but have good chances to be invited to events with title norms.
    Last edited by Vlad; 08-02-2006 at 06:07 PM.

CC International Master Rhubarb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteElephant
    Wow, that is some spiteful comment. Do you have some agenda against Leonid?
    Yeah! C'mon gggg, surely you've got something on Sandler! Pax, Frosty and WE seem to be convinced that Sandler's title is legitimate!

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by greg
    Yeah! C'mon gggg, surely you've got something on Sandler! Pax, Frosty and WE seem to be convinced that Sandler's title is legitimate!
    You guys are very cheeky.. One should think twice before putting a finger in ur mouse.

Greg, are u playing city of sydney or st george champ?

CC International Master Rhubarb's Avatar
    You guys are very cheeky.. One should think twice before putting a finger in ur mouse.
    Why? Do you know something about defamation law that I don't?

Greg, are u playing city of sydney or st george champ?
    Maybe the former, but I have to say I have been very, very depressed about chess since losing to Chandler in Brisbane.

Quote Originally Posted by greg
    ... I have to say I have been very, very depressed about chess since losing to Chandler in Brisbane.
    You were robbed ... you had been playing so well ... Chandler must've gone out to buy a lottery ticket straight afterwards.
    “As you perhaps know, I haven't always been a Christian. I didn't go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don't recommend Christianity.” -- C.S.Lewis

Thread Information