Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AES
    Yes, PDF
    Yes, that is ONE option. My question was did you provide ANOTHER option?
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind
    Yes, that is ONE option. My question was did you provide ANOTHER option?
    Hi Rincewind,

Sorry, I don't quite follow you. What is another option apart from PDF if you don't want a word doc?

Cheers,
    Alex

ps i spoke to Alan and we agree with your opinion here. Word docs can be changed, PDFs can't. Thanks Rincewind for the advice. Greatly appreciated.
    Australian Internet Chess Championships-Adults and Juniors
    www.ausnetchess.org

Sorry, I don't quite follow you. What is another option apart from PDF if you don't want a word doc?
    No I was commenting on your statement. You said "I dont think there is any problem in providing another option". As a most people don't seem to be able to read the doc file I was just wondering if you were, in fact, providing another option. There is no question that a doc file would be another option, the question is: was that what you were providing?

ps i spoke to Alan and we agree with your opinion here. Word docs can be changed, PDFs can't. Thanks Rincewind for the advice. Greatly appreciated.
    No problem. I am only a casual observer in this forum. As Libby reported some issue I thought it would be worth checking into to give you more feedback and help determine if the problem was client or (as it appears in this case) server related.

After discussions with Dennis Jessop, NSWJCL president Charles Zworestine and Richard Gastineau-Hills, I have had to do a double back flip.

Michael Lip is the sole NSW coordinator.

I have spoken to Jason who has accepted my position and the position of the NSWJCL. He has been offered another role on the committee.

Kind regards,
    Alex.

Alex -

What was the reason for Jason's dismissal? It seems a very shabby treatment indeed. You hire the guy, sack him, rehire him then sack him again. What is this? What sort of pressure were those 2 goons from the NSWJCL applying on you? What have they got on you exactly?

AR

Quote Originally Posted by arosar
    Alex -

What was the reason for Jason's dismissal? It seems a very shabby treatment indeed. You hire the guy, sack him, rehire him then sack him again. What is this? What sort of pressure were those 2 goons from the NSWJCL applying on you? What have they got on you exactly?

AR
    I think the problematic part is, applications were supposed to be received independently of any kind of state chess council selection intervention - why there's been a backflip on this selection criteria is baffling.
    "I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
    - White Queen, Alice through the Looking-Glass

Quote Originally Posted by Belthasar
    I think the problematic part is, applications were supposed to be received independently of any kind of state chess council selection intervention - why there's been a backflip on this selection criteria is baffling.

Also, Alex is losing a lot of face in this - not really showing a lot of backbone - just getting all whipped like a baby by a coupla wannabe-hoodlums.

More importantly, Jase runs the risk of also losing face. Without public clarification from Alex, it looks like Jase had his credentials questioned, etc..etc...So this is why Mr Alex Saint must speak up now instead of digging deeper into his cowardly little burrow and behaving like a regular prima donna saying, "no comment!"

AR

Also, Alex is losing a lot of face in this - not really showing a lot of backbone - just getting all whipped like a baby by a coupla wannabe-hoodlums.

More importantly, Jase runs the risk of also losing face. Without public clarification from Alex, it looks like Jase had his credentials questioned, etc..etc...So this is why Mr Alex Saint must speak up now instead of digging deeper into his cowardly little burrow and behaving like a regular prima donna saying, "no comment!"

AR
    Hi arosar,

When i am being told by ACF President Denis Jessop to make the change as well as NSWJCL President i start to listen. Jason had told us he would inform NSWJCL about his appointment this was not done.

Jason has accepted the decision and has accepted another position on the committee.

Jason knows my position on the matter but i dont want to start WWIII.

i think you are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Cheers,
    Alex
    www.ausnetchess.org

AR
    This is a complete overreaction. When have i said, no comment?
    www.ausnetchess.org

This was prior to our decision to get it approved at the National Conference.

Once ACF titles are invovled, the situation changes or so i'm told.

Look, Jason doesn't have a problem so i think it best we don't perpetuate somethign that isn't there.

Nevertheless, i respect your concern for Jason as I agree that it was a mistake on my part (not Alan's) to not clarify on chesschat.org that you must inform your junior league/state assocation when you have got your position. I made the mistake of assuming Jason was on the committee given his credentials. I was wrong and I apologise. it won't happen again.

Cheers all,
    Alex.
    www.ausnetchess.org

Alex - don't make the mistake of debating with Arosar - he just delights in stirring and embarrasing people.

Quote Originally Posted by jenni
    Alex - don't make the mistake of debating with Arosar - he just delights in stirring and embarrasing people.
    I'd have to agree with this assessment. Many of arosar's hobby-horses turn out to be rather badly beaten up. Some one should report him to the RSPCA.

I guess i didn't want him or anyone else think i was doing anything dodge. You know, under the table..
    www.ausnetchess.org

I guess i didn't want him or anyone else think i was doing anything dodge. You know, under the table..
    i thought you would have learnt about arosar from mt buller Alex. Dont reply to anything he types. All you do is give it more air-time instead of it just passing into the ether of internet posts.

Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    i thought you would have learnt about arosar from mt buller Alex. Dont reply to anything he types. All you do is give it more air-time instead of it just passing into the ether of internet posts.
    I thought you two made up in Brisbane.. no?
    "I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
    - White Queen, Alice through the Looking-Glass

I thought you two made up in Brisbane.. no?
    I gave him a big hug.

Anyway, his comment is fair.

AR

Thread Information